Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Attempt to Block Sales of Galaxy S III at US Launch Denied

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

I find the GS3 to be a better phone than the iPhone. It has more RAM, faster processor, better camera, and an external SD slot. I personally choose the GS3 over an iPhone (regardless what anyone says)

Apple are blatantly worried.. The sidesteps apple made with 4 to the 4s beautiful as it might be, it was a poor advancement, and unless apple has made a much needed leap forward... Gig ram phones are now last years news.. Processors are jumping towards net book capabilities, screen clarity is becoming GREAT as standard and appstores are making like for like functionality a par... Apple have a great, nay.. Second to none build quality.. And that will always be a selling point.. But making a cheaper device truly awesome in an on going recession is going to push that cheap product massively and that's what apple are worried about.. Market share domination with 1 single product is what apple do best.. Samsung just screwed up with making the s3 blue.. Why blue??? But it's still going to screw up apples market share..

except that any android phone will not outshine an iphone. Theres just too much software support for iphone.

Banned
    Thanks

apple just doesn't seem to have an answer for Android/Samsung. do they really think that they can slow the growth of Samsung or Android by filing an endless array of frivolous lawsuits?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Oh good. The end of July. Hopefully there will be a leak on the new iPhone confirming how dorky it will look if it has that speculated overly-narrow elongated 4" screen.....making my decision between these two that much easier.

Hopefully Apple can make my decision tough though. We will see.

I feel like the iPhone is still a step ahead. It just surpasses android in terms of usability, and elegance.

What is the best phone in the US right now?
    A jailbroken iPhone 4S 64gb on AT&T's HSPA+ (or T-Mos, if you can get it) in Black with the lighted logo mod kit, running: the latest top JB-apps especially Speed-Intensify on +5 or greater, My3G/MyWy and the latest Siri tweaks like Hands-Free Control and Media speak. NOTHING TOUCHES THAT!

PS And guess what? A regular non-jailbroken iPhone 4S is sooo much LAMER for the same reason a black car looks awesome when its detailed and awful when its not...

Quote Originally Posted by Spazmonic View Post
    The Nexusnis made by Samsung, all Nexus are Samsung.
    Actually the first Nexus phone was made by HTC its the Nexus One. It is is Google branded just like all other Nexus phones accept for the Galaxy Nexus (cdma versions) Google gets whatever manfacturer they think is the best at the time to make the phone with the newest release of Android. Google controls the software for Nexus phones too.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonePutz View Post
    Huh? People need to spend less time on their stupid phones and more time outside doing "real" stuff. And no, social media doesn't count.
    I have a wife and 4 children. We do lots of fun things like cookouts, going to parks, and home schooling the children that are not in school yet just to name a few. I and the wife own a Galaxy Nexus, Iphone 4S, and soon for my wife a Galaxy S3. People with smart phones live regular lives. From the looks of thing you are are on here posting with the same people you imply dont have a life

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    except that any android phone will not outshine an iphone. Theres just too much software support for iphone.
    My Galaxy Nexus runs smooth and doesnt slow down just like my wifes Iphone 4S. Its screen is bigger and better looking. I can do so many things that you cant do on Ios out the box. To make my wifes Iphone as useful as my Galaxy Nexus I would have to jailbreak it and install many tweaks. Anyone who has used Ios for years like I have knows your phone starts to slow down allot when you install allot of tweaks. Apple has been caught up to by Samsung, Motorola, and HTC in build quality (check out the Galaxy S2 and 3, Droid RZR, and HTC One X. I personally like Androids os over Ios After reading online articles and bieng critical of Android untill I decided to just compare the 2. Yes I know the one remaining thing people say is apps Ill wait an extra week or 2 for semi major apps to hit Android and a day or 2 for major apps. Oooops I almost forgot someone mite ask what im doing on this site well my wife still owns the 4S untill the Galaxy S3 and my son has the Ipad 3 so dont kick me because my house doesnt have brand loyalty or doesnt hop on the bandwagon. I guess we arrent the targeted majority that dont know too much about tech. Wont see me buy anything off of name alone dont care if it says Google, Apple, or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    I almost forgot one last thing people talk about is updates. Most major android phones get bumped to the newest major release after a while and its getting better. To be honest Id take Android 2.3 over Ios 5 and 2.3 is a little ancient Im on 4.0. I just thought Id throw that in there and no not pro Android either Just like whats better but that can change with the next Iphone and Ios release but after bieng let down this long I kinda doubt it
    Last edited by khaf; 06-15-2012 at 05:56 AM.

competition is good for lower prices, product innovation and respect to the consumer. i own neither apple stock nor samsung stock. i don't personally care. the company that provides better customer service to me gets to use my visa.

on second thought, owning apple and samsung stock might not be such a bad idea.
    Last edited by hank197857; 06-15-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khaf View Post
    Khaf - read the post I quoted again before jumping to conclusions. There's a big difference between owning/using a smart phone to stay productive in life and having your smart phone as the center of your life. It's great that you BBQ and picnic with the fam, unless you spend the whole time glued to your phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ayeyobro View Post
    I feel like the iPhone is still a step ahead. It just surpasses android in terms of usability, and elegance.
    Android ICS works pretty damn well on my HP Touchpad and looks great. I have no usability issues with Android either...it all works just fine like iOS. You're obviously just a fanboy, but that's fine.

My iPhone 4 lags like a big piece of crap and always has. I go to type and the keyboard can't even keep up with me...and I can't type extremely fast on phones.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    What is the best phone in the US right now?
    A jailbroken iPhone 4S 64gb on AT&T's HSPA+ (or T-Mos, if you can get it) in Black with the lighted logo mod kit, running: the latest top JB-apps especially Speed-Intensify on +5 or greater, My3G/MyWy and the latest Siri tweaks like Hands-Free Control and Media speak. NOTHING TOUCHES THAT!

PS And guess what? A regular non-jailbroken iPhone 4S is sooo much LAMER for the same reason a black car looks awesome when its detailed and awful when its not...
    You said it! After jailbreak it! And it's already been test against GS3 out of the box and the Iphone is loosing... I'm been loyal to Apple since 2007 but if they don't bring "The 8 wonder" with the new iPhone i moving on... Personally i'm getting tired of waiting for jailbreak to enjoy my smarthphone when Andriod people just open the box and they can customize and pretty much do everything... My 2 cents...
    Last edited by monchy36; 06-15-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Nothing beats jailbroken iOS. Not stock Android, not rooted Android, not RIM, not phones with more RAM or bigger screens, etc. And although that's why we stay, it's getting harder to do that with the longer wait times for jailbreaks and Apple's increasingly powerful effort to make sure the iPhone stays as dumbed down as possible.
    Last edited by brodimus; 06-15-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khaf View Post
    My Galaxy Nexus runs smooth and doesnt slow down just like my wifes Iphone 4S. Its screen is bigger and better looking. I can do so many things that you cant do on Ios out the box. To make my wifes Iphone as useful as my Galaxy Nexus I would have to jailbreak it and install many tweaks. Anyone who has used Ios for years like I have knows your phone starts to slow down allot when you install allot of tweaks...so dont kick me because my house doesnt have brand loyalty or doesnt hop on the bandwagon. I guess we arrent the targeted majority that dont know too much about tech.
    I had my ipod touch 2G for years, installed dozens of tweaks, and maintainted it to the point where it was no slower than it was before.

I dont hop on the bandwagon, and i know alot about tech. I dislike apple as a company but the point i made still stands. More support for iOS than android.

PS. i dont consider phones "slowing down" and "build quality" knowing about tech, the things that cause those is. Ive been building PCs and been messing with tech since i was 11, for 5 years now.

PSS. iphone OS releases in my experience are usually a little more substantial than android. We dont need fancy GUI changes to bring about better features.

I cannot imagine anyone with an iphone 4S having problems with it running slow unless they have over 20 apps in the background. Cant tell you how many people were complaining about their slow iDevice, then i handed it back 20 seconds later and it was normal again. They all think the multitasking is just an app launcher.

Honestly, here is what Apple needs to step up and do for the iPhone:
    Add a MicroSD card slot
    Use a standard MicroUSB connector
    Have a user replaceable battery
    Make the screens more durable
    Improve both cameras to take 1080P Video
    Enable all features on all carriers over 3G, do not let the carriers control what can and cannot be done
    Create a system that unapproved apps can be easily installed (with the note that Apple may uninstall these apps prior to performing service on the phone and of course a note that Apple is not responsible for anything that these Apps do)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12