+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is This Our First Look At The 6th Generation iPhone?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I think that if this is what the new iphone will look like i Wont be buying it lol... I'm tired of looking at the same ole iphone design
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think that if this is what the new iphone will look like i Wont be buying it lol... I'm tired of looking at the same ole iphone design

Green Apple
    Thanks

The Second Picture Is Better I Like How It's All Black If It Doesn't Come That Way I Know I Will Make It All Black It Looks Awesome

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    aren't screens supposed to be wider AND taller, not just taller??
    Not this time, the new iPhone goes to a 16:9 widescreen ratio which will be the same width, but approximately 1cm taller. Resolution goes from 640x960 to 640x1136. Pixels-per-inch stays the same. So everything you see on the screen will stay the same size, the extra height will give you more screen real-estate.

For those complaining that it looks the same, I think the way light will reflect off that matte/brushed area and also the black anodizing will make it look different. Also, that additional 1cm additional height of the entire phone will make it look very distinctive. I think it will look very obviously longer than the old phone and unmistakable.

Though I personally wish they kept the height of the phone the same and just shrink the bezel on top and bottom to fit the bigger screen. I like smaller bezels.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Whats really bothering me is ppl keep posting pics of the headphone jack at the bttm and not the top! and showing a different size charger port which i think appl will never ever do, too many devices out there that support iphone ipad and ipod port

Thanks

god forbid apple does a new design

Thanks
    Thanked 5,498 Times in 2,722 Posts

Fake or not love how this one looks!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Germaine Jaiquais View Post
    Whats really bothering me is ppl keep posting pics of the headphone jack at the bttm and not the top! and showing a different size charger port which i think appl will never ever do, too many devices out there that support iphone ipad and ipod port
    Why does that bother you?
    Those things were rumored even before pics of the case parts were ever leaked, so I think it's legit. For example, this article came out almost a month before the case parts photos were leaked:
    The New iPhone: Size, Screen + New Connector (Plus iPod touch) | iLounge Backstage

Why would you think Apple would never change the dock connector? They will have new cables for the new connector, new desktop stand. Why do they care if it makes products you already own become obsolete? With memory storage that can't be upgraded (i.e. via MicroSD), CPUs soldered onto the motherboards in their computers, and new features omitted in iOS updates for older devices despite no apparent hardware limitation, Apple has always supported the philosophy that planned obsolescence is the path to success. It is in their best interest to sell you new products. Also, chances are, there will be an adapter. If not by Apple, then by some other 3rd party company.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Certainly doesn't look fake to me. Actually looks pretty legit.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattpadams View Post
    Are you guys dumb, or did you just not read? It says these are 3D renderings of what they anticipate it looking like. It's not an ACTUAL picture. This is just a mocked up theory...
    Okay....that still doesn't explain the awkward angles. If it's a 3D rendering you can still come up with better angles.

Your argument holds no water. You're getting all hung up on the technicality of whether it's a picture or a 3D rendering and you're missing the entire point of the post. The expression is, "you can't see the forest for the trees." And you thought we were dumb?
    Last edited by AUZambo; 06-16-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks

Angles are fine to me don't know what everybody is complaining about. Obviously they wanted you to see the design.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123