Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A Quick Glance At Some Minor and Major iOS 6 Changes

I hope that social widget makes its way to ios 5.1.1... Hint hint developers.... The photo sharing is also a nice touch. Messages+ type of quick compose would have been nice. Nothing else to appealing though. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Does anyone have any free or cheap spots open on there dev account so i can try this out?

i will always jailbreak just because.

Quote Originally Posted by tampabuc2004 View Post
    Does anyone have any free or cheap spots open on there dev account so i can try this out?
    Apple does.
    "Cheap" anyway. It's only $100/year.

MMi does not. Sorry, but selling or trading UUID slots is against site rules.

Quote Originally Posted by TTGSteve View Post
    ....sigh

Welp, I bet you guys and gals can guess which iPad I have. Lol.
    Hmmm an iPad 2?! Heheeheheheheheh

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDuke View Post
    Why is the iPhone 5 called the iOS 6?
    ....dumbest thing I seen all day -_-

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asmacumber View Post
    Apple has consistently upped their game
    Losing Streetview and transit routing is not upping any game, it's acting out of spite and screwing the customer. Tighter integration of FB and Twitter just continues the trend of targeting mindless social media boobs instead of actually getting some use from your iOS device. This version is not a winner.

Default Just Saying
    In reference to this article:

I am excited about some of the changes coming this way, and feel that passbook is going to be an amazing addition to the iPhone. As a banker, i can see how having simple access to your tickets and giftcards will be helpful- especially because there are so many resources we use online and via email anyway, this will help to organize. (As long as your battery is charged!)

I dont have too many complaints, it is the same issues with Apple we have always had. They are extremely slow to push new features that are expected and extremely simple, but at this point it is a process that is extremeley effective to increase sales. Of course they wont provide Siri to older phones! Do you remember how long it took to get COPY AND PASTE!!? I havent had an iPhone for a few years, but my experience with the 3G I had camped out for was amazing, the 3GS was even better as far as stability and the processor (even though it was ALWAYS jailbroken) and I am ready to move back to an iProduct. Regardless of how you feel about the functionality, it is hard to complain about the smooth transitions, intuitive integration, and simply put: ease of use, with an iProduct.

Cant wait for December when my contract is up. At that point at least 1 more patch will be out to fix all the issues that iOS 6 will SURELY have upon release ;D

On an unrelated note:

I know many of you are new to the whole iPhone world, but as an old school hacker and iPod modder before they were even touchscreen (iPod color, iPod Video; if you remember ipodwizard.net and ipodhacking.com) I have to say MANY of the members here would probably appreciate you do a little more research before asking such simple (and honestly, stupid) questions.

We were all once n00bs, but that doesnt give the excuse to ask questions like "so iOS is different than iPhone?"

Not that we dont want to inform you, and help educate other iPod/iPhone interested users and hackers, but it can be frustrating to see how many pages are filled with these SAME simple questions which honestly could be answered by a simple google search or just browsing the articles more.

With so much damn love for a growing and prosperous hacking community,

Jordan aka AGM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    They have to do more than just that for me not to jailbreak
    👆Agreed... A whole lot more... I wouldn't have an iPhone if it wasn't for jail****king... Stock iOS is lacking in so many areas... Cydia provides hope to the jail we're in with our idevices stock restrictions and limitations... It's sad that apple won't budge on their stubbornness... Thank the heavens for iOS hackers!

can we update our software from ios 5 to ios 6 ????

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    losing streetview and transit routing is not upping any game, it's acting out of spite and screwing the customer. Tighter integration of fb and twitter just continues the trend of targeting mindless social media boobs instead of actually getting some use from your ios device. This version is not a winner.
    agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by HiMzOberoi View Post
    If you are a developer you can.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP15 View Post
    They also got rid of how the app store closes when you download something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Holy baby Jesus finally !!

Quote Originally Posted by HiMzOberoi View Post
    When it comes out yes...until then only devs can
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

I found every one of these changes to be rather yawn inducing.
    However, will the new Apple/TomTom maps have an offline caching feature?
    If not, I wonder if that means if Google is no longer supplying an Apple-customized Google Maps app, will they come out with their own iOS version of Google Maps with all the features of the Android version, including offline caching?

Not that I even used offline caching, but I figure that might be useful to have if I'm ever lost in the woods with no cell service. Then again, considering I never visit the woods, I don't see that happening anytime soon either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123