+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Six Things About iOS 6 That Will Disappoint Some iOS Users

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Six Things About iOS 6 That Will Disappoint Some iOS Users

Yes, iOS 6 looks pretty new and shiny right now, but donít think for a second that itís perfect. There are some key points that could leave a lot of iOS users unhappy with the update if they don't put some time and consideration into leaving iOS 5 for the beta.

1. No Jailbreak
    Probably the biggest one: iOS 6 doesnít have a jailbreak yet. If you plan on upgrading, you can kiss your jailbreak goodbye until you either downgrade back to iOS 5, or until a tethered or untethered jailbreak tool is released. It is likely that a tethered jailbreak will be released for A4 devices on iOS 6 beta, however many jailbreak tweaks and Cydia included probably arenít stable enough to run on the new operating system just yet.

2. App Store App Compatibility Could Take A While
    Some App Store applications could work as expected, but some may try to perform their functions and just crash in iOS 6. Many applications will have to be updated to work with iOS 6ís new features, such as Facebook integration. There are many things in iOS 6 that are not the same as in iOS 4 and iOS 5 that could cause an application to be unstable. It is recommended that you only download applications that have been confirmed to work on iOS 6 to avoid issues that could cause inconveniences.

3. No Original iPad Support
    The original iPad is not supported by iOS 6. This is extremely unfortunate, and also very odd, since the iPad has an A4 processor like the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G. Yet, the iPhone 3GS, with its outdated processor, still gets the iOS 6 upgrade. Orginal iPad owners will be stuck on iOS 5, unfortunately. The original iPad sold very well, so it puts a good fraction of people at a loss.

4. No Siri On iPhone 3GS/iPhone 4/iPod touch 4G/iPad 2
    We all wanted Apple to open up Siri capability on all devices. Spire helped prove that all of the iOS 5 devices were capable of running the virtual assistant. She is both fun to play with as she is useful for giving directions and fetching answers to math problems. While Apple was generous enough to bring Siri to the new iPad, there is no technical reason that they couldnít have brought her to at least the iPad 2 and iPhone 4.

5. Flyover And Turn-By-Turn Navigation For Limited Devices
    This is probably one of the coolest features that iOS 6 will be bringing to the table; the ability to see cities up from above in high definition view, and the ability to turn your Maps application into a fully-functional GPS application that can guide you to your destination with voice as you move forward. Unfortunately, Apple has decided to bottleneck these features to only the iPad 2, the new iPad, and the iPhone 4S. It's probably understandable, considering that these 3-D views demand a bunch of processor and graphics-hungry functions, however it's likely that the iPhone 4 would be capable of rendering them just fine. Unfortunately, if you still use an iPhone 4 (or even an iPhone 3GS), you cannot use turn-by-turn navigation.

6. Passbook Adds Another Potentially Useless App Icon
    If you werenít a fan of Newsstand in iOS 5, then you probably hid Newsstand from your home screen with a jailbreak tweak like Springtomize 2. Unfortunately, iOS 6 comes with yet another application icon that not too many people are likely going to use. Not everyone likes to associate his or her easy-to-lose iPhone with money and important information. With Passbook, you can use your iPhone to manage your gift cards or airplane tickets. Apple should have known that not every iPhone owner rides airplanes or manages gift cards every single day.

If there is anything else about iOS 6 that you think could be a disappointment, be sure to let us know and it may end up in our list!

iPhone? More like MyPhone emmanravalo's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sad that there is no Siri on the iPad 2 they run the say chip as the iphone 4s
    and Passbook might be useful for some. unlike the newsstand. not everyone like magazine or newspaper on a small screen (maybe on ipad)

I hate when they preview it this early when they are gonna release it on fall then the iPhone 5 came out.
    Last edited by emmanravalo; 06-11-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks

I'm still waiting for something as simple as the ability to add password restrictions to any application such as messages or camera...

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is # 1 even being listed? iOS 6 was barely announced today.

Thanks

I don't think I'll update until they release a new iPod. I'm not interested in any of the features.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

3. No Original iPad Support
    The original iPad is not supported by iOS 6. This is extremely unfortunate, and also very odd, since the iPad has an A4 processor like the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G. Yet, the iPhone 3GS, with its outdated processor, still gets the iOS 6 upgrade. Orginal iPad owners will be stuck on iOS 5, unfortunately. The original iPad sold very well, so it puts a good fraction of people at a loss.

couldn't people just use whited00r? (cause a4 has limera1n?) of course, it will need an upgrade. on another note, is whited00r legal?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I may be wrong but I read that the new maps application takes away support for transit directions. If that's the case maps will become almost useless to me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Would be nice to have quick reply for text messages and maybe some sort of NCsettings.

Thanks

im sad that my iPT 3G and iPad first gen... damn Apple...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emmanravalo View Post
    I'm sad that there is no Siri on the iPad 2 they run the say chip as the iphone 4s
    and Passbook might be useful for some. unlike the newsstand. not everyone like magazine or newspaper on a small screen (maybe on ipad)

I hate when they preview it this early when they are gonna release it on fall then the iPhone 5 came out.
    iPad 2 Runs an A5 chip, whereas the iPad 3 and iPhone 4S run the A5X chip. Not the same. There is quite a speed boost and increased RAM between the two.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I really think that Newsstand and Passbook should be free downloads like iBooks. Then people that actually want them get them without everyone that doesn't want them getting pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    I'm still waiting for something as simple as the ability to add password restrictions to any application such as messages or camera...
    Locktopus

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captainmccool View Post
    I may be wrong but I read that the new maps application takes away support for transit directions. If that's the case maps will become almost useless to me.
    confirmed.
    If you can see this you are one of the many people who can see this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone want to buy 2 original iPads jailbroken on 5.1.1 ...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    couldn't people just use whited00r? (cause a4 has limera1n?) of course, it will need an upgrade. on another note, is whited00r legal?
    Whited00r isn't ios6 .. it's just a modded ios3 if I'm not mistaken.. I say this since it suppports iphone 2g which was dropped before ios4 came out.

This is just a mod .. it adds "iCloud" which is actually drop box.. it adds newstand which is just a web app .. and it says:

"Whited00r users can enjoy an alternative AppStore where find most of iOS3 compatible apps. If you need the classic App Store, it can be launched from Safari Bookmarks."

EVO
    Thanks

absolutely no reason for someone to update even after its released to the public, no themes will work, tweaks will crash

iPhone? More like MyPhone ismoothproject's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Why ruin the fun?
    I was irritated to see this article. I never criticize articles, but this is just dumb. We have this amazing release from Apple with extraordinary stuff, and you have to release this negative article? Personally, I am looking forward to Passbook! I want to walk into Starbucks and have my card all ready for me to use!
    ModMyi Rocks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Aidanharris-
    That already exists in iOS5.
    Settings > General > Restrictions

Thanks

Wow that's a big *****. iPhone 4 users can't use turn by turn directions? That's a load of ******** and I'm going to be simply amazed if it will work and not be laggy using a jailbreak Tweak that allows me to use turn by turn directions. ***** ****** why can't Apple even allow iPhone 4 users to have a voice to tell you to turn now or make a right in a mile without the 3D directions. You know like the old maps directions. I'm sorry for cursing but this Bull. Passbook looks amazing and I'm looking forward to that.

I read the maps thing correctly.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 06-12-2012 at 09:03 AM. Reason: language

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ismoothproject View Post
    I was irritated to see this article. I never criticize articles, but this is just dumb. We have this amazing release from Apple with extraordinary stuff, and you have to release this negative article? Personally, I am looking forward to Passbook! I want to walk into Starbucks and have my card all ready for me to use!
    For people not in the US (like me) passbook is gonna be pretty useless. Would have been better to just be an app store app so it is optional to install.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

My only complaint is lack of toggles still and the ability to password protect individual apps. If we had these 2 things, I wouldn't even jailbreak anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Hainey View Post
    iPad 2 Runs an A5 chip, whereas the iPad 3 and iPhone 4S run the A5X chip. Not the same. There is quite a speed boost and increased RAM between the two.
    The 4S uses the A5 chip.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDiddler; 06-11-2012 at 06:06 PM.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast