+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Six Things About iOS 6 That Will Disappoint Some iOS Users

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I agree, I don't think Apple wants to completely shut Cydia down. But if you can remember, Apple wanted jailbreaking to become against the law, so maybe they have wanted
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I agree, I don't think Apple wants to completely shut Cydia down. But if you can remember, Apple wanted jailbreaking to become against the law, so maybe they have wanted to kill it. But if it wasn't for jailbreak, Apple wouldn't have as nearly as much stuff on there like Notification Center and other jailbreak inhabited addons. I think the one and almost only reason Apple wants to block jailbreaks is because of piracy. People jailbreak just so they can get free apps, which is not the intent of jailbreaking. If piracy didn't exist and saurik was able to shut down all the piracy, I think Apple would be lighter on jailbreaking. But saurik is not superman, and many of the piracy repos are hosted in other countries that don't care about piracy in any way. So there's not much of a way to stop it. It's just my stance on it though. Devs as well as Apple lose tons of money each day from piracy, and that ticks them off I'm sure.

If Apple paid more attention to the jailbreak scene and what it has to offer, they would dominate the world in mobile phone OS. End of story.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Why do you think anything has been burnt? Nothing new has been shown.
    The Dev Team would not be so stupid.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I'm talking about the old exploit that Apple patched up... Not any of the new ones (if there even are any)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Clarity
    Apple chipsets:
    iPhone 4, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G = A4 chipset
    iPhone 4S, iPad 2 = A5 chipset
    iPad 3 and possibly next iPhone = A5X

Just needed to clarify this for some people.

Now OT, I will wait for an iOS 6 JB just like I have since iOS 3 and then proceed to tweak the heck out of it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    If it wasn't for the Maps, iOS6 would be a good upgrade, but apart from the lack of street view, even the satellite view is awful here in the UK.

A definate retrograde step.
    Well plz try to remember its on beta terms and
    I'm pretty sure apple won't give us this crap update for maps because
    apple is working on maps to be much better aside from the notification center twitter and Facebook that was the only major change

Thanks

I am fully aware of what a beta is.

We will have to see what is in the release version.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    I disagree for the one thing you listed about no jailbreak yet because people should know already to not update their A5 devices and A4 users like myself can downgrade if we don't like it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have update iOS 6 beta 3 on my device.

jailbreaking iPhones is legal within the u. s., though Apple has declared that the apply "can violate the warrantee
    Last edited by jaydenharris98; 08-17-2012 at 06:05 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wheaties_92 View Post
    Well plz try to remember its on beta terms and
    I'm pretty sure apple won't give us this crap update for maps because
    apple is working on maps to be much better aside from the notification center twitter and Facebook that was the only major change
    That will probably be just for the major countries. For underdeveloped countries, we know the crap will remain.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soidroidios View Post
    That will probably be just for the major countries. For underdeveloped countries, we know the crap will remain.
    Yup,I doubt we'll get much in th UK.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Of course, for alittle minority of you, iOS 6 could negate the requirement for jailbreaking. enhancements like fullscreen mode in safari, Facebook and Twitter links in Notification Center, and new options for several of the stock apps may mean that the tweaks you jailbreak for are not any longer necessary.

Thanks

You think that I might give up Jailbreaking?
    Are your posts just to advertise your business in your sig link?

Thanks

He/she has got a point confucious, some people like my buddy will only jailbreak for certain things like 3G FaceTime. He's uninterested in all the rest although I think that comes from a lack of understanding. I for one will never give it up because of themes alone. Not to mention all the extra tweaks that interest me. Apple will probably never include theme customization of any sort in IOS...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaydenharris98 View Post
    I have update iOS 6 beta 3 on my device.

jailbreaking iPhones is legal within the u. s., though Apple has declared that the apply "can violate the warrantee

Actually, Jailbreaking your iPhone is NOT illegal in the USA. While it is OK to JB your phone tablets are still a little gray. The DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) made the acception in 2010 and it will be up for review at the end of 2012.
    You are correct that JB will void your warranty, although only if Apple can catch you. I have been through 3 iPhone 4S models for various hardware issues, all we jailbroken then restored before returning to Apple, Apple was non the wiser so my warranty is still intact.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HeliPilot View Post
    Actually, Jailbreaking your iPhone is NOT illegal in the USA. While it is OK to JB your phone tablets are still a little gray. The DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) made the acception in 2010 and it will be up for review at the end of 2012.
    You are correct that JB will void your warranty, although only if Apple can catch you. I have been through 3 iPhone 4S models for various hardware issues, all we jailbroken then restored before returning to Apple, Apple was non the wiser so my warranty is still intact.
    That's the one flaw with Apple lol.

Even if they did make it against the law, which I doubt, I would still jailbreak. Not like they'll put up a special SWAT team for dealing with jailbreakers. It would be the stupidest law in history too.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HeliPilot View Post
    He said it was LEGAL, you guys said the exact same thing just different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    That's the one flaw with Apple lol.

Even if they did make it against the law, which I doubt, I would still jailbreak. Not like they'll put up a special SWAT team for dealing with jailbreakers. It would be the stupidest law in history too.
    No stupidest law is it is against the law to take a bite of another mans sandwich in certain states
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    He said it was LEGAL, you guys said the exact same thing just different ways.

No stupidest law is it is against the law to take a bite of another mans sandwich in certain states
    Cowboy, you are correct, I feel a little silly now for completely mis-reading his post. Must have had a very long day if I can't read the obvious.

+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567