+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Six Things About iOS 6 That Will Disappoint Some iOS Users

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I stopped reading after "no jailbreak"
    Green Apple
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ismoothproject View Post
    I was irritated to see this article. I never criticize articles, but this is just dumb. We have this amazing release from Apple with extraordinary stuff
    Out of curiosity, what did you think was amazing and extraordinary? Besides Passcode, because most people disagree with you on that.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This is a pretty dull upgrade of iOS

- Siri is rubbish outside of US, don't expect it to improve much
    - Expect Passbook to be useless outside of US
    - Doubt the rest of the world will have 3d mapping any time soon
    - Don't do facebook

What's left for me to get excited about ?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drenline View Post
    ^ this.. a million times this.. I'm not one to criticize writers, but this is just piss poor.. iOS6 isn't released yet and the ******** has already started.. it's been in beta for all of 6 hours! what the hell is wrong with you people? Also, all app store apps are backward compatible (as they have been since pretty much the start of the app store...) so they won't crash, and probably not be unstable at all. Research man! Just the same, I see how you would think taking the iPad 1 out of the lineup is a negative, and I agree, but it should be expected. Apple constantly phases out old hardware. It's part of being an iOS user. Seriously, man.. I don't even criticize those "app of the week" articles you do.. but this is just plain ignorance...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Omg i cant wAit to use all the (200) new things on my iphone 4 ohh wait i only have 1 new thing that is usless to me and slows my phone down and uses more space! I cant wait to get ios 6.

Ps apple used to br great when steve jobs was there now all this new ceo tim cooks wants is ******* money there making you buy the up to date iphone so you can use some of the good things i mean its aload of crap now apple just like the rest now just money money money

Miss you steve

Thanks

What?! No jailbreak?!?

OMG I JUST UPDATED!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Green Apple
    Thanks

hopefully new iphone would be released later this year.

iPhone? More like MyPhone matt.superman's Avatar
    Thanks

At least my iPhone 4 is supported, I am excited to have Siri on my new iPad. I will have to wait and see and get iOS 6.
    You must submit to testing before I can assist you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think apple was so dumb not to release the iPhone 5 this June. All of the people including myself who bought the iPhone 4 two years ago are now due for an upgrade most are not willingly to wait 4 more months(minimum) just to get the new iPhone they will lose a lot of customers. Ios6 wasnt good enough to convince me to stay

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

So will Apple still have to pay Google for use of their maps since some users may decide not to update to iOS 6, etc.?

Green Apple
    Thanks

After 5 years i have to say Goodbye apple. Hello android.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple disappoints me more and more everyday. When will Saurik make his own phone??? :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone mtwiford's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    Why is # 1 even being listed? iOS 6 was barely announced today.
    Exactly my thoughts. Plus Pod2G announced the same day the new absinthe jb came out that they already had an exploit for IOS6 that will work. They are just not going to release the jb until the IOS goes public in the fall.

......epic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattme11 View Post
    Omg i cant wAit to use all the (200) new things on my iphone 4 ohh wait i only have 1 new thing that is usless to me and slows my phone down and uses more space! I cant wait to get ios 6.

Ps apple used to br great when steve jobs was there now all this new ceo tim cooks wants is ******* money there making you buy the up to date iphone so you can use some of the good things i mean its aload of crap now apple just like the rest now just money money money

Miss you steve
    This keynote would of been 100% the same feature wise with Steve. Shut up.

Thanks

[QUOTE=baRRy boRRis;6566918]I really think that Newsstand and Passbook should be free downloads like iBooks. Then people that actually want them get them without everyone that doesn't want them getting pissed off.[QUOTE]

Exactly
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggonxhi View Post
    After 5 years i have to say Goodbye apple. Hello android.
    Ewww. Good luck with that. I've had 3 Android, and 3 Windows 7 phones. I always come back to my beloved iPhone.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If anything, iOS 6 should be able to hide icons. I never use newsstand, messages, FaceTime, Maps........

Thanks

I will say this... regardless of what device is supported or what feature is support on what device.. there is no wow factor... there is nothing new that makes me say wow I need ios 6....

- New maps... but google maps did the job...

- whatever the payment app is... useless as someone said... i hate to lose my iphone and someone finds it and goes nuts and i have to call a million places to cancel or put accounts on hold....

- siri is still personally useless...

- facebook integration.. again great for people that can't live without facebook... but the apps sucks.. i see the iphone crashing a lot using the integration...

- forcing original ipad users to buy new ones when their old device in plenty capable of runing ios6... if the 3gs can.. i don't see any reason why the original ipad can't except Apple wants another $300+ from old ipad users...

- i can turn of off notifications.. i really dont like them anyways and are normally turned off.. and my phone doesn't go off so much that i cant bare the ones that i do have on...

- i just don't see the wow factor.. maybe i have to see the iphone 5... and maybe some unique hardware features are really going to make ios 6 crazy.. but i just don't see it... and to a poster not so far above me that was saying apple has given all these new great features... dude they are not so great... most of the new features are available now with cydia tweaks...

ios 6 is a let down in my eyes...

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtwiford View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Plus Pod2G announced the same day the new absinthe jb came out that they already had an exploit for IOS6 that will work. They are just not going to release the jb until the IOS goes public in the fall.
    That *could* work. There was no guarantee as iOS 6 was not in their hands. Now it is, and they will have the ability to try things out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

Yes, iOS 6 looks pretty new and shiny right now, but don’t think for a second that it’s perfect. There are some key points that could leave a lot of iOS users unhappy with the update if they don't put some time and consideration into leaving iOS 5 for the beta.

1. No Jailbreak - how is this any different from almost any other IOS that has been release, it is a temporary set back, so why bother mentioning it.
    Probably the biggest one: iOS 6 doesn’t have a jailbreak yet. If you plan on upgrading, you can kiss your jailbreak goodbye until you either downgrade back to iOS 5, or until a tethered or untethered jailbreak tool is released. It is likely that a tethered jailbreak will be released for A4 devices on iOS 6 beta, however many jailbreak tweaks and Cydia included probably aren’t stable enough to run on the new operating system just yet.

2. App Store App Compatibility Could Take A While - again, how is this different from any other major IOS release, so why bother mentioning it.
    Some App Store applications could work as expected, but some may try to perform their functions and just crash in iOS 6. Many applications will have to be updated to work with iOS 6’s new features, such as Facebook integration. There are many things in iOS 6 that are not the same as in iOS 4 and iOS 5 that could cause an application to be unstable. It is recommended that you only download applications that have been confirmed to work on iOS 6 to avoid issues that could cause inconveniences.

3. No Original iPad Support - this happens to all dying dinosaurs, does it make it any less useful? considering most of the addons in IOS 5 were "stolen" from the cydia community, why is no one suing apple.
    The original iPad is not supported by iOS 6. This is extremely unfortunate, and also very odd, since the iPad has an A4 processor like the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G. Yet, the iPhone 3GS, with its outdated processor, still gets the iOS 6 upgrade. Orginal iPad owners will be stuck on iOS 5, unfortunately. The original iPad sold very well, so it puts a good fraction of people at a loss.

4. No Siri On iPhone 3GS/iPhone 4/iPod touch 4G/iPad 2 - Siri is a useless "stolen" feature that barely works
    We all wanted Apple to open up Siri capability on all devices. Spire helped prove that all of the iOS 5 devices were capable of running the virtual assistant. She is both fun to play with as she is useful for giving directions and fetching answers to math problems. While Apple was generous enough to bring Siri to the new iPad, there is no technical reason that they couldn’t have brought her to at least the iPad 2 and iPhone 4.

5. Flyover And Turn-By-Turn Navigation For Limited Devices - this feature has limited uses
    This is probably one of the coolest features that iOS 6 will be bringing to the table; the ability to see cities up from above in high definition view, and the ability to turn your Maps application into a fully-functional GPS application that can guide you to your destination with voice as you move forward. Unfortunately, Apple has decided to bottleneck these features to only the iPad 2, the new iPad, and the iPhone 4S. It's probably understandable, considering that these 3-D views demand a bunch of processor and graphics-hungry functions, however it's likely that the iPhone 4 would be capable of rendering them just fine. Unfortunately, if you still use an iPhone 4 (or even an iPhone 3GS), you cannot use turn-by-turn navigation.

6. Passbook Adds Another Potentially Useless App Icon - hide it in a folder?
    If you weren’t a fan of Newsstand in iOS 5, then you probably hid Newsstand from your home screen with a jailbreak tweak like Springtomize 2. Unfortunately, iOS 6 comes with yet another application icon that not too many people are likely going to use. Not everyone likes to associate his or her easy-to-lose iPhone with money and important information. With Passbook, you can use your iPhone to manage your gift cards or airplane tickets. Apple should have known that not every iPhone owner rides airplanes or manages gift cards every single day.

If there is anything else about iOS 6 that you think could be a disappointment, be sure to let us know and it may end up in our list!
    - disappointing that IOS remains so locked down basically "requiring" a jailbreak before it becomes of any use to anyone