+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why iOS 6 Maps Will Make Navigating Easier

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
would be great if it rerouted based on bad traffic conditions. Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR Are there still people without nav in their cars? Who really walks around with a
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    would be great if it rerouted based on bad traffic conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    Are there still people without nav in their cars? Who really walks around with a map on their phone trying to find someplace? The only thing I use it for is looking up someplace at work once in awhile.
    you obviously don't travel for work. when you fly 150,000 miles a year, maps are super important!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    I highly doubt it was recreated from scratch. Apple is not known for that. Aren't they using TomTom as their map provider?
    They bought 2 map companies I believe.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Griffey III View Post
    Will I still be able to find bus routes on the new maps like I can with the current Google maps?
    That is funny, but not in an offensive way. Google Maps has many functionalities that it can offer but idk if Apple has implemented that on their Maps app, good question.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Are there still people without nav in their cars? Who really walks around with a map on their phone trying to find someplace? The only thing I use it for is looking up someplace at work once in awhile.
    Are there still people dumb enough to pay $1000 extra for a car nav that immediately becomes outdated?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope you were being sarcastic. Or do u really walk around with a car nav in your hand with a mile long power cord connected to your car and the car running so the nav would work and not die on u. Dude u have an iPhone. U don't need any other gadget.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

One of the most ignorant remarks I've seen in a while. 1 gps packages usually only come on cars buy purchasing a package that includes other things that you may not want or need ie costing a lot more than having 3rd party app.

2. In car maps suck. You can't use them when your moving, they are limited and interface always sucks.

3. Some people are still driving there 2003 car (like me) that run perfectly fine and are paid off.

Come on man!! Just cause you don't use maps for navigation says nothing. every time I make a trip I use it.

Thanks

I use CoPilot on my phone for Offline turn by turn voice navigation and it is very good.
    Lack of Streetview is the Killer - if they don't allow Google Maps in the App store I might have to stick with 5.11
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I agree confucious! My husband is the type that he wants to see a map!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Are you saying no turn by turn voice guidance on iphone 4? Well I'll just continue to use Waze then, and at least be able to report cops, traffic and also get notified of those things as well. Weird thing is, when full voice guidance is on, Waze uses Siri's voice to speak, and I don't even have a 4S! Now if you turn it to limited/lite (no streetnames) voice guidance it uses a themed voice which speaks slower and less robotic.

I too also hope Google Maps will still be available. Its fun to play with the streetview sometimes.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cypherstream View Post
    Are you saying no turn by turn voice guidance on iphone 4? Well I'll just continue to use Waze then, and at least be able to report cops, traffic and also get notified of those things as well. Weird thing is, when full voice guidance is on, Waze uses Siri's voice to speak, and I don't even have a 4S! Now if you turn it to limited/lite (no streetnames) voice guidance it uses a themed voice which speaks slower and less robotic.

I too also hope Google Maps will still be available. Its fun to play with the streetview sometimes.
    Google already announced they would continue to dev for iOS. There were many map/nav apps in the AppStore that didn't break any of apples restrictions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Are there still people dumb enough to pay $1000 extra for a car nav that immediately becomes outdated?
    I think he meant a navigation device in their cars, not necessarily a car navs.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I personally use the software call:

waze..
    it is very help and useful.
    it does everything, including voice and live update.
    Free and user from all over can update traffic condition.
    Great App!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12