+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What iOS 6 Borrowed From the Jailbreak Community

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Someone should keep a running tally of this going back to other iOS releases (like when WiFi sync was " poached " um, borrowed) and then attempt a guesstimate of
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Someone should keep a running tally of this going back to other iOS releases (like when WiFi sync was "poached" um, borrowed) and then attempt a guesstimate of the dollars that would be had by said Dev based on sales of devices that included "his/her" borrowed app/feature/function.

PS Don't mean to give the likes of Chpwn agita in seeing these "lost sales" numbers and would be the first in line to say "come on Tim, this aint 1984 and you aren't "evil" CUT A CHECK! Some of that $5 billion should be directed elsewhere. Sayin...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Honestly, I am too. I was hoping for widgets, quick reply, more customization, new UI...oh well...
    SwipeSelection also, love that tweak!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    shrug. some of these are no brainers.. facetime over cell? apple planned it long ago, blame the carriers for not permitting it. ios facebook integration? rumored long ago from apple, before their negotiations with facebook broke down. siri on the ipad, did someone actually not expect apple to do this?

it's hard to say some of these items were "borrowed" when they were rather obvious.
    Your statement just makes Apple look worse. If they are such obvious no-brainers, shame on Apple for not giving them to us sooner.

As for facetime over cell, shame on Apple for allowing the carriers enough time to completely kill unlimited data plans before finally enabling it. Go ahead, burn through your limited data plan. They don't care now, in fact, they WANT you to so that they can get more money from you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    Your statement just makes Apple look worse. If they are such obvious no-brainers, shame on Apple for not giving them to us sooner.

As for facetime over cell, shame on Apple for allowing the carriers enough time to completely kill unlimited data plans before finally enabling it. Go ahead, burn through your limited data plan. They don't care now, in fact, they WANT you to so that they can get more money from you.
    +1

Thanks

SBSettings, 5 icon dock, quick reply and blacklist for SMS (same as iRealSMS) and I probably wouldn't want to jailbreak anymore. Although I'm liking the customisation with Ayecon over standard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anybody knows how to change UDID number? I got banned from instagram and i cant use instagram on my iphone anymore. And please dont tell me to download UDID Faker it doesnt work anymore

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    shrug. some of these are no brainers.. facetime over cell? apple planned it long ago, blame the carriers for not permitting it. ios facebook integration? rumored long ago from apple, before their negotiations with facebook broke down. siri on the ipad, did someone actually not expect apple to do this?

it's hard to say some of these items were "borrowed" when they were rather obvious.
    Right.

When Apple does things that are already been done, it's called "obvious" or "borrowing". But when someone else implements what Apple has done, it's called stealing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't think I would give up my jailbreak unless winterboard, SBSettings, snowcover, activator and swipe selection were built into an iOS. Also released today in the bigboss repo (before the keynote) was PocketSafari (save safari pages to pocket); another feature used in iOS 6 (kind of).

Before anyone comments, I'm not suggesting apple stole this and decided to include it last minute, I just thought it was a weird coincidence!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think the more amazing thing is the features the jailbreak community has that Apple has yet to adopt.

One of these for me is the 'ShowCase' tweak for the keyboard. Another totally logical one is 'NoNewsIsGoodNews' aka hide the stupid Newsstand icon.

Otherwise, SBSettings is one that always comes up. For me they've done some of this with the multi-tasking but switching off Wi-Fi, going to Airport mode and more right from the Notification Center makes a lot of sense.

iPhone? More like MyPhone emmanravalo's Avatar
    Thanks

Where is the Notification Center Toggles! (SBSETTINGS?, NCSETTINGS?) That is just what I need that why I jailbreak my phone.
    Last edited by Cer0; 06-11-2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: UDID selling quote removed

Thanks

Still missing something similar to the new Razor's "Smart Action" which is greatly needed! Passbook is a dumb, worthless upgrade.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildgene789 View Post
    Close to not needing a jailbreak. but i still need my SBsettings
    hardly close...

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dabigh3 View Post
    Anybody knows how to change UDID number? I got banned from instagram and i cant use instagram on my iphone anymore. And please dont tell me to download UDID Faker it doesnt work anymore
    This isn't on topic. Start a thread. Btw, why are you banned?

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildgene789 View Post
    Close to not needing a jailbreak. but i still need my SBsettings
    As much as I LOVE Jailbreaking, I look forward to the day I dont have to. Not sure if that day will ever come though.

Did anyone notice the "Alarm with music" on one of the screen shots. Thats a cool native feature being added.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I still need my Intelliscreen X and Infinifolders; those are two I feel like are an absolute necessity on the iPhone.

Thanks

Did apple get permission from the cydia developers to use their ideas? why is no one suing them for rehashing an original idea, which is now taking money of those developers pockets. HEY APPLE, LEARN TO INNOVATE AND STOP COPYING OTHER PEOPLES USEFUL IDEAS.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

Selling of Beta slots is not allowed anymore. This is only warning.
    Last edited by Cer0; 06-11-2012 at 08:30 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Selling of Beta slots is not allowed anymore. This is only warning.

Selling of Beta slots is not allowed anymore. This is only warnring.
    I was about to say...is thy legal?

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Where is the iPhone 5? I watched this for nothing I guess

Green Apple
    Thanks

If I just had an easy switch for Bluetooth I'd never jailbreak again.