+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get Your iPhone 5 Fix Early With Vintage Unibody iPhone Logo Mod

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Vintage Unibody iPhone Logo Mod Looks Impressive

Today’s WWDC is supposed to be all things Mac, with a splash of iOS 6 goodness, which means our iPhone update needs will be woefully unsatisfied.

However, K.O. Gadgets has the perfect solution for iPhone 4/4S owners in need of an early iPhone 5 fix. Their Vintage Apple Logo Mod adds a colorful vintage Apple rainbow logo to the back of the user’s iPhone, as well as a beautiful brushed aluminum back.

The new back plate emulates the unibody MacBook aesthetic, but unfortunately is only available for the next 64 hours. Apparently after the allotted time a Cease and Desist order will go into action and the vintage logo and unibody inspired back panel will be gone forever.

The kit retails for $23.99 and includes all the necessary tools to install the aluminum back and new logo including a Phillips-head screwdriver and pentalobe (five-point star) screw driver. Those ordering should choose the correct back panel as the iPhone 4 and 4S back panels are not compatible with each other.

Source: K.O. Gadget

Thanks

sweet! this will even work with my light mod and ill have a glowing vintage apple =)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camperchuck View Post
    sweet! this will even work with my light mod and ill have a glowing vintage apple =)
    Does their light mod constantly stay on while the phone is unlocked, or does it just glow like in the video?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Does their light mod constantly stay on while the phone is unlocked, or does it just glow like in the video?
    WTF are you smoking? She replaced the rear panel with one that has a rainbow apple logo, it's not the light mod.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camperchuck View Post
    Yep that glowing *** flag will look awesome.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

OH! So close. They should have a back version to support the LED light Mod. Sayin...

OH! So close. They should have a back version to support the LED light Mod. Sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    LOL! "H-e-l-l-o-o-o F-r-i-s-c-o-o-o-o!"
    Yet I would still put it on my light mod temporarily just for the "oh cool" reaction...
    And if there's beef? well, "Bip, boom, bam, straight to the grill" C-Brown style...
    Last edited by Lohand; 06-11-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post

LOL! "H-e-l-l-o-o-o F-r-i-s-c-o-o-o-o!"
    Yet I would still put it on my light mod temporarily just for the "oh cool" reaction...
    And if there's beef? well, "Bip, boom, bam, straight to the grill" C-Brown style...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Now if the back only came in Black. Current black iP4s with the black lighted mod back in a dimly lit restaurant, theater or club looks totally badaz.
    Oooh, that's why she pretended to drop something at the movies and proceeded to talk about BJ wholesale

Green Apple
    Thanks

Look at the website you can buy a 4 dollar light mod to make the vintage apple glow

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    WTF are you smoking? She replaced the rear panel with one that has a rainbow apple logo, it's not the light mod.
    Calm down killer I was referring to this...

The New Light Mod for iPhone 4/4S - K.O Gadget Store

Thanks

mine is the old version so it stays on for a lil bit then turns off. the new light mod breathes like the sleep light on the macs.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    crap, i didnt even think about that. the flamers might get the wrong idea.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post