+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remove the Lock Icon From Your Status Bar With 'No Lock Icon"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If it has ever been an ambition of yours to have an extremely neat and tidy lock screen status bar, then a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed No Lock Icon
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Remove the Lock Icon From Your Status Bar With 'No Lock Icon"

If it has ever been an ambition of yours to have an extremely neat and tidy lock screen status bar, then a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed No Lock Icon by iOS developer rhodysurf can hide that lock icon from your status bar. The tweak is completely cosmetic, offering no breakthrough functionality.

Hiding the lock icon can also help you make more room for status bar icons such as those that appear when you have IntelliScreenX installed and you get notifications. With the lock icon gone, things in the status bar will look spacier and less compressed into one little area. If you have your status bar content customized with a jailbreak tweak like CleanStatus, this tweak will not conflict with it.

Since the lock icon only appears on the status bar when the iOS device is locked, the tweak is only for modifying the lock screen. No Lock Icon will not change anything on the status bar anywhere else in iOS because the lock icon doesn’t appear anywhere else in iOS.

Whether or not you will find the tweak useful, the look of the lock screen with the little lock icon missing from the status bar doesn't look bad. It’s basically a tweak for simplifying the lock screen and making fewer elements viewable. No Lock Icon has no options to configure and you can find it in in Cydia today. If you don't like it, you can always uninstall it as it's free and there is nothing to lose by trying it.

Name: No Lock Icon
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: rhodysurf
    Editor's Rating:  1/5

Sources: Cydia

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish there was a way to show the clock on the status bar so I could hide the lockscreen clock and still see the time :/

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This tweak claims to remove the lockscreen padlock, which it does perfectly, it's completely free, YET it only gets 1 / 5?!?! This tweak does exactly what it sets out to, and is FREE so that surely warrants a 5/5?!?!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    I wish there was a way to show the clock on the status bar so I could hide the lockscreen clock and still see the time :/
    Already exists and its called Lockscreen Clock Hide

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post
    This tweak claims to remove the lockscreen padlock, which it does perfectly, it's completely free, YET it only gets 1 / 5?!?! This tweak does exactly what it sets out to, and is FREE so that surely warrants a 5/5?!?!
    Lol?
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-09-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat? View Post
    Blows me away the things that are "Front Page News" on this site
    Yep. And you'd figure that if they are going to give it a 1/5 it doesn't exactly deserve our attention.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Yep. And you'd figure that if they are going to give it a 1/5 it doesn't exactly deserve our attention.
    It's here to help you guys with App discovery. Someone, somewhere, will like to use this tweak regardless of our rating.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It's here to help you guys with App discovery. Someone, somewhere, will like to use this tweak regardless of our rating.
    And that's your reasoning for putting it on the front page? Because I can guarantee you you could put anything on the front page regardless of what its about and someone somewhere would find it helpful or good to know. But that doesn't mean it deserves to be on the front page. Heck why not just go to anyone's post on the forum and put it on the front page cause someone will find it helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    And that's your reasoning for putting it on the front page? Because I can guarantee you you could put anything on the front page regardless of what its about and someone somewhere would find it helpful or good to know. But that doesn't mean it deserves to be on the front page. Heck why not just go to anyone's post on the forum and put it on the front page cause someone will find it helpful.
    They should try this just to see the responses....

Green Apple
    Thanks

off topic, but whats the name of the tweak/theme for the transparent nob on the lockscreen in the above screenshot.

Thanks

I beleive it's unlockize
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by n0id View Post
    off topic, but whats the name of the tweak/theme for the transparent nob on the lockscreen in the above screenshot.
    I would like to know too

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

Wow... a review of this so-called 'tweak'?

Wow, just wow.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,895 Times in 1,676 Posts

Why?

Follow us on twitter @iOSAlliance
    Follow me on twitter @The_KnightWing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    But 'Theme discovery' is not worth anything? Only useless tweak, with a helpful tweak every once in a while? There are many great themes out here who can use the attention of a review on the 1st post. 'Tweaks' like this just don't. All the big themers choose ModMyi for hosting their themes, but what do we get back for it? Any special attention? A weekly review? No, we aren't getting ANYTHING. And I choose this review as an example. We themers have been changing/deleting the lock image in the lockscreen for YEARS. But when someone releases it in Cydia it does get extra attention. I just don't get it.
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten16 View Post
    But 'Theme discovery' is not worth anything? Only useless tweak, with a helpful tweak every once in a while? There are many great themes out here who can use the attention of a review on the 1st post. 'Tweaks' like this just don't. All the big themers choose ModMyi for hosting their themes, but what do we get back for it? Any special attention? A weekly review? No, we aren't getting ANYTHING. And I choose this review as an example. We themers have been changing/deleting the lock image in the lockscreen for YEARS. But when someone releases it in Cydia it does get extra attention. I just don't get it.
    I think modmyi should pick someone to do the theme of the week again, it'd be nice. Preferably someone unbiased.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWing View Post
    I think modmyi should pick someone to do the theme of the week again, it'd be nice. Preferably someone unbiased.
    nah, not theme of the week. You don't want to make it a contest. Just reviews. So people can choose for themselves. But maybe that's just my opinion. I loved the Theme of the Week section, but I think every week to have 2 or 3 themes reviewed will turn out better. Maybe a lil' interview with the designer or stuff like that. I'm willing to do an interview with one of the MMi writers if they're reviewing a theme of mine..
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

Thanks
    Thanked 9,533 Times in 5,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten16 View Post
    nah, not theme of the week. You don't want to make it a contest. Just reviews. So people can choose for themselves. But maybe that's just my opinion. I loved the Theme of the Week section, but I think every week to have 2 or 3 themes reviewed will turn out better. Maybe a lil' interview with the designer or stuff like that. I'm willing to do an interview with one of the MMi writers if they're reviewing a theme of mine..
    Sounds like a great idea. You want to do it? Anyone? Step up and let me know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Sounds like a great idea. You want to do it? Anyone? Step up and let me know.
    I'll think about it if you're being serious O_o

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    not sure if someone has helped you already and cbs reading all posts. you can show the clock in the status bar at the lock screen with a tweak called move2unlock. its great, I use it.