+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remove the Lock Icon From Your Status Bar With 'No Lock Icon"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by KnightWing I think modmyi should pick someone to do the theme of the week again, it'd be nice. Preferably someone unbiased. I'm pretty sure one of the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWing View Post
    I think modmyi should pick someone to do the theme of the week again, it'd be nice. Preferably someone unbiased.
    I'm pretty sure one of the writers said they were bringing it back, and they brought it back for a week and it died again. . .
    On a side note, for anybody talking crap about how this shouldnt be 'front page news', he's just doing his job for writing for the site. Him giving it s 1/5 was his opinion(and a fair one at that). If you dont like the article, witch you probably knew before even opening it and decided to not read it before posting a comment, keep on reading, stop complaining.

Thanks

It is kind of weird to not even put "[Review]" in the headline, as if it's a news story.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My 10pence worth...For all the people who knock what is written about and put on the front page,why don't you create a section,ie:- Readers Reviews, so that people who find and try tweaks they find useful,irrespective of whether its cosmetic or not,can post a review,then once a week ModMyi could choose ones with the most comments and place them on the front page....with a link to all the other reviews...democracy in action...lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Sounds like a great idea. You want to do it? Anyone? Step up and let me know.
    Sure. I've got some photoshop templates for screenshots:P

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    And that's your reasoning for putting it on the front page? Because I can guarantee you you could put anything on the front page regardless of what its about and someone somewhere would find it helpful or good to know. But that doesn't mean it deserves to be on the front page. Heck why not just go to anyone's post on the forum and put it on the front page cause someone will find it helpful.
    I don't understand why you care so much about it? It's not like it's hurt you in any way. If Kyle and Cody didn't think it was front page news then they wouldn't have let Anthony post it up, but obviously it did make it. No one forces you to read the article, click on it, or comment on it. There's no use in complaining about it, if you don't like it then don't read it. It's that simple.

The lock icon doesn't really bother me much, but I guess if your picky and don't like seeing it this would be useful to you. Thanks Anthony!

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

People always get so annoyed by things that expel far less energy than their complains about those very things.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,179 Times in 5,682 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWing View Post
    I'll think about it if you're being serious O_o
    Yes sir, always looking for contributors/writers.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkie1 View Post
    My 10pence worth...For all the people who knock what is written about and put on the front page,why don't you create a section,ie:- Readers Reviews, so that people who find and try tweaks they find useful,irrespective of whether its cosmetic or not,can post a review,then once a week ModMyi could choose ones with the most comments and place them on the front page....with a link to all the other reviews...democracy in action...lol
    We have a "Members written news" section, that would work there. If it took off, we could see about a special forum for it as you suggested.
    Member Written iPhone News
    Last edited by blkcadi; 06-10-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks
    There was a winter board enabled mod doing the same thing, NoLockIcon (I think via BigBoss), that was released a couple weeks back. Nice to have options of both avenues now.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I don't understand why you care so much about it? It's not like it's hurt you in any way. If Kyle and Cody didn't think it was front page news then they wouldn't have let Anthony post it up, but obviously it did make it. No one forces you to read the article, click on it, or comment on it. There's no use in complaining about it, if you don't like it then don't read it. It's that simple.

The lock icon doesn't really bother me much, but I guess if your picky and don't like seeing it this would be useful to you. Thanks Anthony!
    well you know it does hurt me emotionally to see this forum get crappier by setting the bar so low for front page news. the lower they set the bar the more it feels like a lower quality forum.
    The funny thing is kyle and cody are the "editors" but they really dont read the articles. I mean sure they do sometimes but they just repost there writers articles on the news section. wanna know why i know this? cause how many times have there been multiple of the same article or multiple writers writing the same topic. but some how the readers catch it. but the "editors" didnt catch it when they read it. whenever someone says no one forces you to do anything well you know thats true. but its my feel that i love this forum and that i dont want to see it become a low quality low standard place. And you know on that note. No ones forcing you to read my comment or reply to it? so.. contradiction much?

just sayin

Thanks

Honesty I would have just manually change he "padlock.png" to "padlock.pn".
    Icon gone.

Better then installing yet another Mobile Sunstrate adding if ya ask me.

PS:

I don't know what the image is actually called. I uses "Padlock.png" as an example.

I have seen the image within iFile before when skimming through system images so I know for a fact it can he done. All thats need to remove an icon (but still keep it there just in case) is to change .png to .pn...or basically anything bodies ".png".

I think its called "LockStatus.png" but don't quote me on that. :/

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i usually jot down on a running list all the apps and tweaks i install. not this time ...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yet another thing Springtomize does.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12