+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Amazing High-Resolution, 3-D Mockup Rendering of iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The iPhone 5 is one of the most sought-after devices in the world. Starting in 2011, rumors started pounding the Internet about purported four-inch displays, 4G LTE technology, thinner case
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Amazing High Resolution 3-D Mockup Rendering of iPhone 5

The iPhone 5 is one of the most sought-after devices in the world. Starting in 2011, rumors started pounding the Internet about purported four-inch displays, 4G LTE technology, thinner case design, and much more. Apple unfortunately released the iPhone 4S instead, but the iPhone 5 would have to be the next iPhone if Apple’s naming process is to remain set in stone.

This year, a handful of supposed iPhone 5 parts have been leaked to the public. Bryce Haymond from Blackpool Creative took these parts and pieced them together along with some other rumors to create a high-resolution iPhone 5 mockup. You can view the mockup in the YouTube video attached below:

The mockup features the four-inch display, new thinner metal-back case, and 4G indicator. Other minor changes include the FaceTime camera being centered across the top of the iPhone with the speaker instead of inline with it, lower positioning of the volume buttons and mute switch, and the microphone being in between the rear-facing camera and camera flash.

As far as software goes, the mockup basically takes the look of iOS as it is now. The iPhone 5 will more than likely be running iOS 6, which isn’t expected to look too much different from iOS 5 because of the fact that iOS has never dramatically changed since its first appearance on the original iPhone.

Taking a look at the mockup in a critiquing fashion, it isn’t likely that the microphone will be placed on the back of the iPhone. Apple seems to keep all rugged hardware on the edges of the phone to help keep the front and back faces of the device looking as sleek and shiny as possible. This means no little holes. Additionally, it isn’t likely that the FaceTime camera will be centered across the face of the iPhone above the speaker. Looking at previous iPhone models, Apple seems to like having the camera inline with the speaker. Another thing we aren’t so sure about is the status bar saying “4G.” If Apple does go with 4G LTE technology in the iPhone 5, then they will likely follow the design of the new iPad and have the status bar read, “LTE” instead of 4G.

The rendering is nothing but a mockup, however it pieces together some potentially leaked iPhone 5 parts and a little bit of common sense to form a possible outcome. If the iPhone 5 did end up looking something like this, would you want one?

Sources: Blackpool Creative via MacRumors
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-08-2012 at 02:51 PM.

*T*
    Thanks

I doubt it

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    I doubt it
    Me too. I don't think it'll look that much like the iPhone 4 and 4S.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 884 Posts

So where is the proximity sensor?

Green Apple
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Apple unfortunately released the iPhone 4S instead, but the iPhone 5 would have to be the next iPhone if Apple’s naming process is to remain set in stone.[/QUOTE]

Apple's naming process was never set in stone. The "3" in 3G and 3GS stands for the upgraded technology it introduced. The iPhone 4 was the only device apple named after the generation the iPhone came from.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Will not buy if it's the same design as the 4/4S. I will be pissed if it is and head to Droid.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think this is probably what it will look like. When iPhone 4 case parts were leaked around this time 2yrs ago, they were the real deal.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I highly doubt Apple would put out a device with different gloss on one surface (the back of this mock-up). Apple believes in a seemless style.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I thought I read that Apple was ousting the home button? Maybe that's where they're getting the extra space for more screen? It would solve the oddly long dimensions of the models that are coming out...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I really hope this is just a ploy to throw off the case manufacturers as this design is really lackluster and boring. Seriously, it's been the same design for the last 2 years and if this turns out to be true, then this would be the same design, just extended.

I've been playing with an HTC Titan 2 that I won from the Windows Phone Challenge and I must say that I'm quite impressed with the hardware and design of it. Yes the OS might not have very much support yet, but I really hope Apple steps it up with a complete overhaul of both the hardware and software of the iPhone or else it may lose it's "King of the Castle" crown due to being lazy and stagnate with creativity.

Jacking ideas from the jailbreak community for OS tweaks and constantly doing minor obligated updates to the CPU/RAM/Camera is not innovation.

Believe me, I'm holding out tough with a 3GS right now because I didn't think the 4/4S was "The One" and I truly hope the 5 is (plus I believe iOS 6 will not support the 3GS due to it's age)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wow that looks like a iphone 4S....lol the stories this site post any more are so stupid

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaveHavok View Post
    I really hope this is just a ploy to throw off the case manufacturers as this design is really lackluster and boring. Seriously, it's been the same design for the last 2 years and if this turns out to be true, then this would be the same design, just extended.

I've been playing with an HTC Titan 2 that I won from the Windows Phone Challenge and I must say that I'm quite impressed with the hardware and design of it. Yes the OS might not have very much support yet, but I really hope Apple steps it up with a complete overhaul of both the hardware and software of the iPhone or else it may lose it's "King of the Castle" crown due to being lazy and stagnate with creativity.

Jacking ideas from the jailbreak community for OS tweaks and constantly doing minor obligated updates to the CPU/RAM/Camera is not innovation.

Believe me, I'm holding out tough with a 3GS right now because I didn't think the 4/4S was "The One" and I truly hope the 5 is (plus I believe iOS 6 will not support the 3GS due to it's age)
    I've been from a 3G to an iPhone4 and 4s but it def worth the upgrade. Although if you've made it this long. Hold on a little longer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hogs4Life View Post
    Will not buy if it's the same design as the 4/4S. I will be pissed if it is and head to Droid.
    So basically the only reason you have an iPhone is because of its looks?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hogs4Life View Post

beauty over brains... tsktsktsk

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I've been from a 3G to an iPhone4 and 4s but it def worth the upgrade. Although if you've made it this long. Hold on a little longer.
    Oh I know Plus, I used my old 3G to score the HTC Titan 2 from the Windows Phone Challenge.

I'm just hoping for something that makes the phone industry reinvent itself again, but I think we're still years away from that still.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by *t* View Post
    i doubt it

mockup

Thanks

Holy effing God. Even my kids know it won't be called the iPhone 5. Just call it what Apple will call it--the New iPhone. You guys who run these forums should know better.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't fathom people's desire to get rid of the home button.

Thanks
    That'd be an innovative design...

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    Holy effing God. Even my kids know it won't be called the iPhone 5. Just call it what Apple will call it--the New iPhone. You guys who run these forums should know better.
    THANK YOU! I doubt they are going to call the 6th iteration of the iPhone the "iPhone 5". The "new iPhone" it is!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS