+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Try Lucid Player for Listening to Music At Night

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Try Lucid Player for Listening to Music At Night

When you are getting sleepy at night and want to listen to some tunes to help you get to sleep, it can be frustrating to live with the fact that the iPod will just keep on playing all night long as you sleep if you end up dozing off. iOS developer Jay Deuskar has come up with a beautiful solution to those that want to listen to music at night and keep their iPod from playing all night long. The application is called Lucid Player and you can find it in the App Store for just 99.

Lucid Player works by allowing you to create a timed playlist from your iPod music. The application unfortunately doesn’t work with third party music solutions like Spotify, Grooveshark, and Pandora. This is because the application relies on you making yourself a playlist out of your own music. You can choose whatever songs you want to listen to, set a timer, and then just doze away. Your iPod will automatically stop playing either when the playlist finishes or when the timer runs out – whichever comes first.

Making a playlist is simple. Just select individual songs, or you can add them all:

After you have forged your playlist out of your music library, you can adjust the timer for however long you want the iPod to play as you doze off:

Admire the beautiful and simple music interface, or just doze off:

The application looks as nice as it functions. From within the application you will find yourself with controls such as play, pause, forward, and previous buttons. There is also a complementary volume slider. These controls give it the same functionality as the Music application, however with the timer functionality, you will never have to worry about your music going on… and on… and on… and on…

Lucid Player works with the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It’s well-worth taking a look at if you like falling asleep to your music, however it can be used for other things as well. The application offers a fully-functional music timer. It’s great for parties because you can set yourself a playlist and have it play for a specific amount of time while hooked up to your home entertainment system. However you choose to use it is up to you!

Name: Lucid Player
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0
    Released June 4th
    Developer: Jay Deuskar
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: Jay Deuskar

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you want your music to stop you can use the built in time in the built in clock app on your iPhone and select ipod and how long you want it to play once the timer runs out the music stops

Green Apple
    Thanks

iOS already has the sleep timer feature built in and it works for all things playing including videos, Pandora, etc. Here's how it works: open the Clock app, tap Timer, select time, tap 'When Timer Ends', flick to the bottom and tap 'Stop Playing', tap Set, and start the timer.

Edit: btw, Lucid Player is not a universal app. It may work with iPad, but there's no iPad version. I find this odd considering the iPad lacks the Clock app, thus no built in stop playing function. Gearing this app towards the iPad would be the best route IMO.

Or Apple could just bring the clock app to the iPad, like it should have done in the first place.
    Last edited by justibackwardsn; 06-07-2012 at 10:42 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Prayer of Refugee won't help you sleep better thrust me xD

Green Apple
    Thanks

All you talking about the sleep timer are obviously overlooking the fact that this is an advertisement for a friend of one of the mods. This isn't the first or best app to do this, and the iPhone already has this feature built in.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justibackwardsn View Post
    iOS already has the sleep timer feature built in and it works for all things playing including videos, Pandora, etc. Here's how it works: open the Clock app, tap Timer, select time, tap 'When Timer Ends', flick to the bottom and tap 'Stop Playing', tap Set, and start the timer.

Edit: btw, Lucid Player is not a universal app. It may work with iPad, but there's no iPad version. I find this odd considering the iPad lacks the Clock app, thus no built in stop playing function. Gearing this app towards the iPad would be the best route IMO.

Or Apple could just bring the clock app to the iPad, like it should have done in the first place.
    Wow....I had no idea the iPad doesn't have the clock app....I just always assumed it did, because.....why wouldn't it?? That seems very strange to me.
    El Zurdo

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Wow....I had no idea the iPad doesn't have the clock app....I just always assumed it did, because.....why wouldn't it?? That seems very strange to me.
    I can't think of one solid reason. The only possible disadvantage to introducing it now is that because Apple didn't include the app long ago, many developers have made apps to compensate. Releasing one might undercut sales of those apps. Honestly, though, This is one area Apple could be "the best in" for it's platform. They have access to API's that aren't available to 3rd party developers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks guys...didn't know that...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Came to say that. Ive been doing it for 2 years that way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I personally use Autosleep music timer, it automatically turns off my music when i sleep.
    App Store - Autosleep Music Timer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Seems pretty pointless unless you have an ipad which apparently you can't use the app on ? lol I've used my clock timer as a "ipod killer" for a while now, works for pandora, ipod, etc

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not only does it do something that my iPhone could already do, but it costs money!?!?!? And it doesn't work with spotify?!?!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Couldn't you also just make a playlist that is a certain length and turn off the loop?

My iPhone is a Part of Me desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

^ This

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mojpismonosa View Post
    Prayer of Refugee won't help you sleep better thrust me xD
    Yeah hahaha
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeveIV View Post
    Seems pretty pointless unless you have an ipad which apparently you can't use the app on ? lol I've used my clock timer as a "ipod killer" for a while now, works for pandora, ipod, etc
    Thanks, just another feature of the iPhone that I didn't know about.