Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Seeks Preliminary Injunction against Samsung's Galaxy S III

They probably feel threatened that they're releasing the GS3 sooner than the new iPhone and people might just go for the sammy. Personally I prefer my 4S and wait for the new iPhone but I agree with some viewers that they feel threatened but it's apple's fault. They decided to wait till almost the end of the year to release a new device. I guess now they have to face the consequences. Although I know why they wait till fall now. The holidays so in the meantime let the galaxy s take the spotlight.

Banned
    Thanks

Out of all the pictures above have you noticed that the iPhone has looked the same from day one where the Samsung devices have changed with every device.
    Looks like Apple dont like change. They have stayed with the boring look and I guess will keep up the boring look. No wonder jailbreaking for a new look is so popular.
    And the devices don't even look similar. If I was the judge I would charge Apple for so many fraudulent lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    I still don't think you are understanding what Siri is. Since I do not have time to explain, which a simple search would reveal, here are some descriptions. Yes, I know Android's voice actions are "faster," but Siri is still in beta with a lot of potential.

---------------------------------
    Siri uses Nuance speech processing technology on the front end to recognize and capture speech “utterances.” (As an aside, Nuance has its own “assistant” in the form of the app Dragon Go!) Siri’s “secret sauce” involves its capacity to understand your question in a natural speech form rather than relying on keywords or rigid protocols to initiate specific actions. Google’s technology was developed in house and is somewhat more rigid than Siri. It requires certain key phrases or words to invoke particular actions.

Siri Has “Personality”
    What Siri offers that is not equally true for Google Voice Actions or Nuance’s Dragon Go! is broad and deep integration into the phone and a more conversational style of interaction. This is subtle but meaningful in comparing the experiences of using Siri and Google Voice Actions. Siri has personality whereas Google Voice Actions does not. Siri is also generally more intuitive. In terms of most features, however, Google Voice Actions and Siri are fairly comparable — though Siri does more things.

Head To Head: Siri Vs. Google Voice Actions

That was just some of the descriptions, there are several other things you can read about. Samsung is copying the speech processing technology and the "personality" of it, and deeply integrating it into the phone.
    Such a ******* fanboy. People like you is what makes apple so great. No matter what better device comes out you wont accept that any feature is better than an iphone feature.

Quote Originally Posted by ezstar View Post
    i still don't think you are understanding what siri is. Since i do not have time to explain, which a simple search would reveal, here are some descriptions. Yes, i know android's voice actions are "faster," but siri is still in beta with a lot of potential.

siri uses nuance speech processing technology on the front end to recognize and capture speech “utterances.” (as an aside, nuance has its own “assistant” in the form of the app dragon go!) siri’s “secret sauce” involves its capacity to understand your question in a natural speech form rather than relying on keywords or rigid protocols to initiate specific actions. Google’s technology was developed in house and is somewhat more rigid than siri. It requires certain key phrases or words to invoke particular actions.

Siri has “personality”
    what siri offers that is not equally true for google voice actions or nuance’s dragon go! Is broad and deep integration into the phone and a more conversational style of interaction. This is subtle but meaningful in comparing the experiences of using siri and google voice actions. Siri has personality whereas google voice actions does not. Siri is also generally more intuitive. In terms of most features, however, google voice actions and siri are fairly comparable — though siri does more things.

head to head: Siri vs. Google voice actions

that was just some of the descriptions, there are several other things you can read about. Samsung is copying the speech processing technology and the "personality" of it, and deeply integrating it into the phone.

dear fanboy, people like you will never understand that any phone or feature is any close to an iphone. Go start camping now months before the iphones 5 release. You are trully one of those. I feel sorry for you. Lmfao.
    Last edited by CHICOHONDA91; 06-07-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Isn't even programmed in the same language so it's not a copy. Apple better step up their game with the iphone 5 because if they don't i might just have to go with whatever the samsung galaxy model at the time is.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    I still don't think you are understanding what Siri is. Since I do not have time to explain, which a simple search would reveal, here are some descriptions. Yes, I know Android's voice actions are "faster," but Siri is still in beta with a lot of potential.

Siri uses Nuance speech processing technology on the front end to recognize and capture speech “utterances.” (As an aside, Nuance has its own “assistant” in the form of the app Dragon Go!) Siri’s “secret sauce” involves its capacity to understand your question in a natural speech form rather than relying on keywords or rigid protocols to initiate specific actions. Google’s technology was developed in house and is somewhat more rigid than Siri. It requires certain key phrases or words to invoke particular actions.

Siri Has “Personality”
    What Siri offers that is not equally true for Google Voice Actions or Nuance’s Dragon Go! is broad and deep integration into the phone and a more conversational style of interaction. This is subtle but meaningful in comparing the experiences of using Siri and Google Voice Actions. Siri has personality whereas Google Voice Actions does not. Siri is also generally more intuitive. In terms of most features, however, Google Voice Actions and Siri are fairly comparable — though Siri does more things.

Head To Head: Siri Vs. Google Voice Actions

That was just some of the descriptions, there are several other things you can read about. Samsung is copying the speech processing technology and the "personality" of it, and deeply integrating it into the phone.
    I can find articles to support the opposite side too. And they're at least from sites I've heard of.

Siri vs. Android: Which Is Better at Understanding Voice Commands?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple already had a lawsuit against Samsung, so all this talk that Apple is scared is just garbage. If Apple feels like the new phone treads on a couple patents that are already in a lawsuit then they have every right to do what they're doing. I think the Galaxy S III look like a good phone, I like the screen and the speed it has. The whole voice thing is definitely a rip from Siri. I wish Samsung had taken more time to innovate something different, sure it costs less to just copy someone else's stuff, but it's nothing new, which is why I wish they had done something different.

Really? On what grounds do they think they should get an injunction for this?

It is clearly different from an iPhone, so I don't see the issue here.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Really? On what grounds do they think they should get an injunction for this?

It is clearly different from an iPhone, so I don't see the issue here.
    File injunction against competition if it goes through great eliminate the competition, also reinforce fanboyism to its believers.
    If there is no grounds for injunction, Apple will make up one.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    Nice looking phone but has any one else noticed the 2 color option is the same as apple's iPhone...

Would you like that in black or white??
    Let me google that for you
    You may want to take a look at this.

I think apple is pulling a lot of lemons again. Lemon....now that would make a great business name for apple....too bad Steve didn't think up that one first.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkflame For This Useful Post:

Painkiller006 (06-07-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chalty669 View Post
    Did a little image research and came up with a time line for phones released. Funny how Samsungs new things always look a little like apples old things.
    LOL your comparing the Blackjack to the iPhone? Did you forget the iphone looks like the LG Prada or the Samsung F700. And let's not forget the iPad resemblance to Samsung digital photo frame. Funny how the Galaxy phones have their app tray open and not the actual home screen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lg-prada-iphone-4110910130337.jpg 
Views:	1921 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	589381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SamsungAppleBattle2.JPG 
Views:	503 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	589382 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21776_Samsung_Picture_Frame.png 
Views:	251 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	589384

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
    Let me google that for you
    You may want to take a look at this.

I think apple is pulling a lot of lemons again. Lemon....now that would make a great business name for apple....too bad Steve didn't think up that one first.
    LOL this made my day, +1 for you
    Last edited by Painkiller006; 06-07-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Default i agree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalty669 View Post
    Did a little image research and came up with a time line for phones released. Funny how Samsungs new things always look a little like apples old things.

its so funny that when they created the galaxy s is like the iphone 3gs they just make the camera 5 megapixel and bigger screen... haha :

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emmanravalo View Post
    its so funny that when they created the galaxy s is like the iphone 3gs they just make the camera 5 megapixel and bigger screen... haha :
    You seem to forget a lot of things different from the two phones, here let me help you out...

iphone = Single core, 600 MHz
    Galaxy S = Single core, 1000 MHz

iPhone = 256 MB RAM
    Galaxy S = 512 MB RAM

iphone = LCD
    Galaxy S = Super AMOLED

See the full details here, Apple iPhone 3GS vs Samsung Galaxy S - Phone specs comparison

lol apple stop trying to sue and try to come up with a phone even half as decent as a samsung........no didnt thinkyou could,,,,,keep sueing

Apple is such a patent troll. The S-Voice feature in the GS3 is derived from Vlingo's tech that existed prior to Siri.
    I suspect that this is Apple's ploy all along. To try to disrupt a product right before it launches so that it loses it's popularity with the public. They tried the same with HTC recently.
    As far as I can see Apple has never invented anything. They are a great marketer and purchaser of others' patents. But as companies become mega-goliaths instead of spending money on R&D and improved production lines they use the courts to improve their bottom line and hurt consumer choice and buying power.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Apple is such a patent troll. The S-Voice feature in the GS3 is derived from Vlingo's tech that existed prior to Siri.
    I suspect that this is Apple's ploy all along. To try to disrupt a product right before it launches so that it loses it's popularity with the public. They tried the same with HTC recently.
    As far as I can see Apple has never invented anything. They are a great marketer and purchaser of others' patents. But as companies become mega-goliaths instead of spending money on R&D and improved production lines they use the courts to improve their bottom line and hurt consumer choice and buying power.
    You're 100% correct here. The amount of litigation that Apple is pushing through the court system is just gotten ridiculous. I'm not saying one doesn't have a right to defend their ideas, but what they are defending aren't their ideas, but what they've purchased from others. Now, is Apple the only who does this? No. but they do do it a hell of a lot more. Yes, Apple is a patent troll. They have been feeding off of what others have created for decades. Apple just excels at using what they acquire to make nice things.

IMHO one should not be able to outright sue in this manner unless real harm can be proven, and not just merely a similar idea (especially if it's one that actually existed before your own, which is the case with Vilngo, even if it's not completely the same - and if it isn't, then why are they suing?) Lets be honest here. Apple is abusing the justice system, as are others, but Apple does it the most. Judges need to wise up and get a good handle on this and send a strong message to ALL of these companies to knock it the hell off.

I have an iPhone 4S and Galaxy SII. Both are cool phones but iPhone is my favorite phone. I think iOS is better than ICS.

this time around, i'm guessing the new iphone will look more like the samsung. the gs3 finally got it right. ... and they got it first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12