+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Easily Disable iOS Notifications With BannerDisable

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Easily Disable iOS Notifications With A New Free Jailbreak Tweak

If you have trouble sleeping at night because of the seemingly infinite stream of text messages you get, or you get in trouble at work for looking at your phone’s notifications, then perhaps you need a way to hold all of those notifications back until you are completely ready to view them. A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed BannerDisable by iOS developer Ron Melkhior is now available in Cydia and you can use it to keep all notifications at a standstill.

After you install BannerDisable, you will find a new switch hanging out in your general preferences pane in the Settings application labeled "Do Not Disturb" right under the Airplane Mode switch. This is the only configuration for the tweak, as the tweak is centered around functionality and simplicity. Enabling the tweak will disable all lock screen notifications and banners, while disabling the tweak will allow iOS to continue with its normal notification functions.

You shouldn’t be worried that this tweak will keep you from getting your notifications, because it only disables the notifications that are meant to notify you immediately. Notifications will still stack in Notification Center and icon badges will continue to stack until you acknowledge them. This means your screen won’t light up and your phone won’t vibrate when you’re sleeping and you can get a good night sleep without turning your device off. When you wake up, just check your Notification Center to see what's new.

The placement for the tweak’s switch is very easy to get to, since it doesn’t require you to navigate through preference panes to access it. If you want to get better nights of sleep, this tweak is definitely worth looking into; it's both practical and convenient.

Name: BannerDisable
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.2
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ron Melkhior
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: Ron Melkhior

Thanks

Brilliant!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexdakidd View Post
    Brilliant!!!!
    Oh and your next post is your 2000th. Respect dude.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Now make a SBSettings toggle for this and im sold, you know is not the same to go into the settings panel as to bring SBS out

iPhone? More like MyPhone LTechTalk's Avatar
    Thanks

Downloaded it thanks for letting us know

Thanks

YESSS. FINALLY. This is going on my iPhone and iPad *right away*

No more waking up to buzzing in the morning from e-mails!

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

Already been done (in a NC widget; much more convenient) with DoNotDisturb.

Green Apple
    Thanks

all that is left is to have a icon in the status bar to indicate that its on similar to when you put your phone in silent to let you know that its on.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thekirbylover View Post
    Yeah, no. DoNotDisturb still delivers the annoying notifications, it just doesn't pop the banner display.

From this description, it will fully disable the notification system, which means that it far exceeds the benefit of the location of DoNotDisturb's toggle.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
    Yeah, no. DoNotDisturb still delivers the annoying notifications, it just doesn't pop the banner display.

From this description, it will fully disable the notification system, which means that it far exceeds the benefit of the location of DoNotDisturb's toggle.
    It doesn't fully disable the entire Notification system. Just those that make the lock screen fire up and the banners.

Quote Originally Posted by thekirbylover View Post
    I still like this one better, personally. It's cosmetically more appealing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post

This tweak would be idea if it included a way to schedule the on/off time. I dont want to have to remember to turn in on each evening.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree with the comments that it should be a toggle in sbsettings and have the ability to schedule on/off times

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmripollg View Post
    I agree with the comments that it should be a toggle in sbsettings and have the ability to schedule on/off times
    Is it the developer's responsibility to produce an SBSettings toggle or is it the responsibility of the developer of SBSettings?

Said it many times, but I still can't understand people's obsession with SBSettings in 2012. You can customize NC in pretty much every way possible. I just don't see the point in installing an additional pull down menu when there is already one there.

Thanks

I'm assuming you have been jailbroken for so long you have forgotten what STOCK iPhone notification center is like. Rubbish. Android users get to enjoy toggles, so should we.

My only gripe with this tweak is that it doesn't block Mail Enhancer notifications. Its a shame cause I use Mail Enhancer to manage everything.