+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock iOS 5.1+ Exclusive Emojis With This New Jailbreak Tweak!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Unlock iOS 5.1+ Exclusive Emojis With This New Jailbreak Tweak!

You’ve probably never seen the iOS Emojis displayed in the screenshots above – this is because they are iOS 5.1 or newer and Mac OS X Lion or newer-exclusive and Apple never gave us access to them (what else is new?). The additional Emojis play nicely with the Emojis you already have access to, however anyone on iOS 5.0.1 or older or using Mac OS X Snow Leopard or older will not be able to see these Emojis if you use them, so you will have to be selective to whom you send them to.

If you want access to these additional Emojis, you can gain access to them by downloading a new paid jailbreak tweak dubbed Emoji2 for iOS 5.1+. The tweak was created by iOS developer Moeseth; the same guy that gave us the unicode keyboard for iOS with his free PictoKeyboard jailbreak tweak. Emoji2 for iOS 5.1+ will cost you 99 and you will find it in the BigBoss repository.

After you install the tweak, you will need to head over to your Settings application where you will find a preferences pane for Emoji2 for iOS 5.1+. From here you can choose the foreign keyboard you want to replace with the Emoji2 keyboard and you can change the layout of the keyboard to rearrange your favorite Emojis where you want them. After replacing a foreign keyboard with the Emoji2 keyboard, you will have to tap a button to save your changes. If you have issues, Moeseth includes a cache clearing button, which should help fix everything up. Additionally, if you don't like the space bar and return key reading in a foreign language, Moeseth includes directions for changing them to English so the Emoji2 keyboard blends right in with your English keyboard. The preferences pane is shown in all of its simplicity below:

In case you can’t find the Emoji2 keyboard after configuring the options, Moeseth includes this demonstrative image to help you out after you replace a keyboard with the Emoji2 keyboard. The image just illustrates that you must enable the keyboard you replaced to use your new spawn of Emojis:

These Emojis can be used with any application that doesn’t have root permission and they work on any iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad running iOS 5.1 or newer. If you like text messaging, writing notes to yourself, or Tweeting on Twitter, then this additional Emoji keyboard will make a great addition to your iOS device.

Note: The Emojis work in much more applications than just Messages, Notes, and Twitter.

Name: Emoji2 for iOS 5.1+
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 5.1+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Moeseth
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Sources: Moeseth
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-05-2012 at 01:12 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone LTechTalk's Avatar
    Thanks

Whoa ! Nice !

*T*
    Thanks

There are apps on the app store that do something like this, but don't have the actual keyboard integration

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    There are apps on the app store that do something like this, but don't have the actual keyboard integration
    That's why lots of people don't prefer them and why jailbreak tweaks are more convenient.

Thanks

That's pretty cool, I'd be more in awe if it were free. It's only a buck though right? Win win for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've been waiting for this since the bootleg app in the apple store that only lets you use it in the app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I searched for it, but its not there

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Tweak works great. I wonder why these emojis are not available along with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by qbsasha18 View Post
    Click on the "changes" tab in Cydia and scroll down a little. Its there.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qbsasha18 View Post
    Refresh your sources

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Tweak works great. I wonder why these emojis are not available along with the others.

Incorrect...it is not in Cydia...and either way, Apple is releasing this for free shortly. I also feel like every time Anthony writes about an app, they increase the price of it because they know more people will be downloading it...this is something you can enable by rooting into your device for free btw

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well well well... I see he even made it ot MMi. For those who trying this tweak, just a friendly advise. Becareful when u r uninstalling it after u feel u dun wanna use anymore. Cos there is a high chance that yr iphone will end up in boot loop. Reason!? he nvr implement mobile substrate correctly and his method directly change the system file, which Saurik will nvr approve. He might have changed his coding but last time I check on his blog, he already put up a warning about that himself. Source: personal expreience. Still, correct me if m wrong.

Thanks

Links^^? So we can read this ourselves.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post

Thanks everyone! I got it! =]

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

If this feature is included with 5.1+ just hidden, it shouldn't be charged as it is only a tweak within the system file.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why isn't this compatible with PictoKeyboard?? I bought it, but when i went to install it PictoKeyboard was going to be removed.

I use PictoKeyboard A LOT. It allows you to insert ASCII emoticons and symbols in any app, website text box, or text message, and unlike Emoji, they are always displayed.

It sucks that I found this out AFTER paying the .99 cents.

iPhone? More like MyPhone emmanravalo's Avatar
    Thanks

when i found out there was anew emoji on ios 5.1 i did like this using pictokeyboard, changing up the symbols into the new emojis and it works one of my problem is it doesnt fit all of the emoji... maybe this one too.
    im not gonna get this tweak. i want is that it will go with the other emojis in the original emoji keyboard where you can swipe , recents and categorize.. maybe in ios6 but if want to buy this tweak make sure you dony use pictokeyboard cause it gonna remove it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Awesome!

For the freeloader complainers ... its just .99$ is the economy that bad lmafao!!!
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

Wish I could get it but seems as if my transaction has been flagged for manual investigation on Cydia =\
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rasta4Jah420 View Post
    Incorrect...it is not in Cydia...and either way, Apple is releasing this for free shortly. I also feel like every time Anthony writes about an app, they increase the price of it because they know more people will be downloading it...this is something you can enable by rooting into your device for free btw
    Oh... Another "This can be done for free" guy lol. It's paying for convince... Unless you cant afford it, then I understand. owning one of the most expensive phones then complaining about mere points of a percent of that cost is beyond me tho... No offense, Just sayin.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Got this 'hoping' it would be integrated into the regular Emoji keyboard...

It's not, so now I have to press the Globe button 'again' to get back to my regular keyboard. I'm not too
    impressed by this & feel like I wasted a buck. Oh well!