Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
Originally Posted by thazsar Got this 'hoping' it would be integrated into the regular Emoji keyboard... It's not, so now I have to press the Globe button 'again' to get...
06-06-2012, 01:21 PM #21
06-06-2012, 01:31 PM #22You were correct
06-06-2012, 01:48 PM #23
I had another keyboard tweak pre-iOS 5.1.1 that replaced the Catalan keyboard and I found it annoying, even after months of use.
Wish there were an 'easier' way to implement the new Emojis...
06-06-2012, 08:06 PM #24
moe seth Says: Zawgyi keyboard showing ??? instead of letters
Look for point 1 under Solution..
"1: Firstly, you cannot remove zawgyi font directly. You need to install "Zawgyi Font iOS Uninstaller" first. This step is really important, otherwise you might end up restoring your device."
This is for "Zawgyi" keyboard (which give Myanmar Language) but he use the same method for all his development, so all effect are same. However he never mention the "Uninstaller" will work for picto/emoji2.
It's kinda sad for me to say that I dun trust him at all cos he is my country man. Lolz.
I feel bad for you and yr iDevice. When it happened to me I paniced as well. And i didnt give myself much tries to find solution and go ahead with restore immediately.
What I can sugguest is you can try this...
1. Check if u still can acceess your Device thru yr PC/MAC with iExplorer/iphonebrowser.
2. Get yr hand on another iPhone running same ver as yr and jailbroken.
3. From that other phone, go to SYSTEM>FONT>Cache and copy all fonts. (cos i do not know which is the one moeseth replace)
4. Then replace those to your phone under same folder.
But if 1st step failed, then restore is the only option.
And I cant ganrentee that my method will work because I know he replace one of those font files but there might be some other system files affected by his method which I will never know and I dun plan to find out myself.
U know what keyboard shortcut for iOS 5.0 and above?
u can customized your emoji there...
1st Enable Emoji from Setting>General>Keyboard>International>Emoji
Then under Setting>General>Keyboard>Shortcuts create new and type...
"Pharse: " (from emoji keyboard under globe button)
"Shortcut: : )" (without space/shortcut cannot contain space)
And save. Repeat for as much emoji as u want.
Then u can removed your emoji globe button
Start typing : ) and auto correct will replace to
EDIT: Ok, sorry. This is for existing Emoji! For emoji2 that this post mention,
1st. you need to get the right font file from higher iOS version or those beta version. Copy it to SYSTEM>FONT>Cache.
2. Then look for var/mobile/Library/Keyboard/UserDictionary.sqlite. Copy to PC and edit using sqlite editor.
3. Open Character Map and browse that new Font file u extract from newer iOS version. (of cos have to install into your PC as well)
4. Copy those emoji from Character Map to the database and add shortcut key (similar to what u did on your iPhone).
5. Replace UserDictionary.sqlite on your iphone (REMEMBER: always backup... easiest way just copy/paste and add .bak at the end of file extension)
BTW. Moeseth, "u might gonna see this post sooner or later (or mayb yr supporter who love Zawgyi). No offense man, but I gotta help these people. My initail grudge is againt Saturngod. Sorry bro!"
Last edited by blueberry27; 06-06-2012 at 08:59 PM.
06-10-2012, 06:59 PM #25
I wish they added another little poop guy.
06-10-2012, 08:58 PM #26