+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock iOS 5.1+ Exclusive Emojis With This New Jailbreak Tweak!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by thazsar Got this 'hoping' it would be integrated into the regular Emoji keyboard... It's not, so now I have to press the Globe button 'again' to get
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Got this 'hoping' it would be integrated into the regular Emoji keyboard...

It's not, so now I have to press the Globe button 'again' to get back to my regular keyboard. I'm not too
    impressed by this & feel like I wasted a buck. Oh well!
    You can press the globe button and hold it to toggle in between the keyboards. I find it easy and you know exactly which keyboard to use instead of tapping the globe button.

Cheers!
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unhappy You were correct
    Quote Originally Posted by blueberry27 View Post
    Well well well... I see he even made it ot MMi. For those who trying this tweak, just a friendly advise. Becareful when u r uninstalling it after u feel u dun wanna use anymore. Cos there is a high chance that yr iphone will end up in boot loop. Reason!? he nvr implement mobile substrate correctly and his method directly change the system file, which Saurik will nvr approve. He might have changed his coding but last time I check on his blog, he already put up a warning about that himself. Source: personal expreience. Still, correct me if m wrong.
    You hit this right on the nose except for the permanent crash/reboot happened immediately after downloading and respringing. My phone has had no issues prior to downloading this tweak so I attribute it to be the cause. I am still crashing at startup to safe mode even after uninstalling the tweak. Is there a way to correct this now?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hadzo View Post
    You can press the globe button and hold it to toggle in between the keyboards. I find it easy and you know exactly which keyboard to use instead of tapping the globe button.

Cheers!
    Thanx! Yeah, I know that method, too...I was just used to my normal way of typing/adding emojis.

I had another keyboard tweak pre-iOS 5.1.1 that replaced the Catalan keyboard and I found it annoying, even after months of use.

Wish there were an 'easier' way to implement the new Emojis...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Links^^? So we can read this ourselves.
    OK.. here is the link moe seth Says: Zawgyi keyboard showing ??? instead of letters

Look for point 1 under Solution..
    "1: Firstly, you cannot remove zawgyi font directly. You need to install "Zawgyi Font iOS Uninstaller" first. This step is really important, otherwise you might end up restoring your device."

This is for "Zawgyi" keyboard (which give Myanmar Language) but he use the same method for all his development, so all effect are same. However he never mention the "Uninstaller" will work for picto/emoji2.

It's kinda sad for me to say that I dun trust him at all cos he is my country man. Lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by goodred2 View Post
    You hit this right on the nose except for the permanent crash/reboot happened immediately after downloading and respringing. My phone has had no issues prior to downloading this tweak so I attribute it to be the cause. I am still crashing at startup to safe mode even after uninstalling the tweak. Is there a way to correct this now?
    Hi Goodred2,

I feel bad for you and yr iDevice. When it happened to me I paniced as well. And i didnt give myself much tries to find solution and go ahead with restore immediately.

What I can sugguest is you can try this...
    1. Check if u still can acceess your Device thru yr PC/MAC with iExplorer/iphonebrowser.
    2. Get yr hand on another iPhone running same ver as yr and jailbroken.
    3. From that other phone, go to SYSTEM>FONT>Cache and copy all fonts. (cos i do not know which is the one moeseth replace)
    4. Then replace those to your phone under same folder.

But if 1st step failed, then restore is the only option.
    And I cant ganrentee that my method will work because I know he replace one of those font files but there might be some other system files affected by his method which I will never know and I dun plan to find out myself.

Gd Luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Thanx! Yeah, I know that method, too...I was just used to my normal way of typing/adding emojis.

I had another keyboard tweak pre-iOS 5.1.1 that replaced the Catalan keyboard and I found it annoying, even after months of use.

Wish there were an 'easier' way to implement the new Emojis...
    Yes.. there is... u just need a bit of time and patient.

U know what keyboard shortcut for iOS 5.0 and above?
    u can customized your emoji there...

1st Enable Emoji from Setting>General>Keyboard>International>Emoji
    Then under Setting>General>Keyboard>Shortcuts create new and type...
    "Pharse: " (from emoji keyboard under globe button)
    "Shortcut: : )" (without space/shortcut cannot contain space)
    And save. Repeat for as much emoji as u want.
    Then u can removed your emoji globe button

Start typing : ) and auto correct will replace to

Enjoy!

EDIT: Ok, sorry. This is for existing Emoji! For emoji2 that this post mention,
    1st. you need to get the right font file from higher iOS version or those beta version. Copy it to SYSTEM>FONT>Cache.
    2. Then look for var/mobile/Library/Keyboard/UserDictionary.sqlite. Copy to PC and edit using sqlite editor.
    3. Open Character Map and browse that new Font file u extract from newer iOS version. (of cos have to install into your PC as well)
    4. Copy those emoji from Character Map to the database and add shortcut key (similar to what u did on your iPhone).
    5. Replace UserDictionary.sqlite on your iphone (REMEMBER: always backup... easiest way just copy/paste and add .bak at the end of file extension)

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoCub View Post
    Why isn't this compatible with PictoKeyboard?? I bought it, but when i went to install it PictoKeyboard was going to be removed.

I use PictoKeyboard A LOT. It allows you to insert ASCII emoticons and symbols in any app, website text box, or text message, and unlike Emoji, they are always displayed.

It sucks that I found this out AFTER paying the .99 cents.
    Because he use exactly the same coding and files and replace only the "linked font file" for all his keyboard tweaks. In other words, it's just a cheat.

BTW. Moeseth, "u might gonna see this post sooner or later (or mayb yr supporter who love Zawgyi). No offense man, but I gotta help these people. My initail grudge is againt Saturngod. Sorry bro!"
    Last edited by blueberry27; 06-06-2012 at 07:59 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish they added another little poop guy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thedirtydiddler View Post
    i wish they added another little poop guy.
    lol!!! +1

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12