+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Do Not Disturb' and Other Mountain Lion Features Reportedly Coming to iOS 6

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A mockup by Spencer Caldwell for 9to5Mac of what the "Do Not Disturb" toggle will look like. If 9to5Mac’s sources are right, the cross breeding between iOS and Apple’s OS
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Do Not Disturb' and Other Mountain Lion Features Reportedly Coming to iOS 6

A mockup by Spencer Caldwell for 9to5Mac of what the "Do Not Disturb" toggle will look like.

If 9to5Mac’s sources are right, the cross breeding between iOS and Apple’s OS X operating systems will be even more apparent when Apple unveils iOS 6 later this year.

So far most of the cross breeding between the two operating systems has been evident in the iOS 5 features popping up in developer builds of OS X Mountain Lion. However, sources claim iOS will include Mountain Lion features like iCloud Tabs support, Mail VIPs, and the awesome “Do Not Disturb” notification option.

The iCloud Tabs feature allows iCloud users to view a list of Safari tabs open across all of their registered iCloud devices. The feature showed up in a OS X Lion developer build in the middle of May, but the feature isn’t implemented across both iOS 6 and OS X Lion. 9to5Mac’s sources claim when the iCloud Tabs button is clicked in iOS 6, a synchronized list of tabs open across all the users devices is shown. The Tabs button is hidden behind the bookmarks toolbar according to 9to5Mac.

Apple also plans on including a “Do Not Disturb” toggle in iOS 6. When switched on this toggle hides all alerts and banners on your device just like the options OS X Lion counterpart that showed up in a Mountain Lion developer build earlier this year. 9to5Mac’s source wasn’t able to supply any photos, but they site did release mockups made by Spencer Caldwell, which are incredibly believable and likely to dupe a few readers/bloggers into thinking they’re the real deal.

Finally, iOS 6 will inherit Mountain Lion’s Mail VIPs feature. The VIPs feature in iOS 6 reportedly operates like its Mountain Lion counterpart putting a star next to emails from user specified groups of people. The addition of VIPs to iOS 6 will allow those with iCloud accounts to sync their groups across their entire Apple ecosystem.

Hopefully 9to5Mac’s source is reputable as inclusion these Mountain Lion features into iOS 6 will make the iCloud experience increasingly seamless.

Source: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Orby; 06-04-2012 at 02:39 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hope for 3GS support, keep your fingers crossed ol' phone still rockin'

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ doubt it! Lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

^^^ doubtful...

Original iPhone didn't make it to 4.0. iPhone 3G didn't make it to 5.0, so 3GS will probably not make it to 6.0... just sayin.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firedog341 View Post
    ^^^ doubtful...

Original iPhone didn't make it to 4.0. iPhone 3G didn't make it to 5.0, so 3GS will probably not make it to 6.0... just sayin.
    This is because the original iPhone and 3G wasn't half as powerful as the 3GS, thus couldn't support the primary feature of 4.0 and 5.0: multitasking. The 3GS is still an excellent legacy iPhone and will still have sufficient memory to run 6.0's operations without any horrible freezing like the 3G did when migrating from 3.X to 4.0. Apple should have already realised this.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I see another quick SBSettings button coming called, "Do Not Disturb"

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

About time they add this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moomiaowoof View Post
    This is because the original iPhone and 3G wasn't half as powerful as the 3GS, thus couldn't support the primary feature of 4.0 and 5.0: multitasking. The 3GS is still an excellent legacy iPhone and will still have sufficient memory to run 6.0's operations without any horrible freezing like the 3G did when migrating from 3.X to 4.0. Apple should have already realised this.
    I absolutely agree, and it would be HUGE plus for Apple, for 3GS as entry level smartphone still up to date

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What will happen to the battery warning?

Thanks

nice!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This would be wonderful... I hate being woken by alerts... but also don't want to potentially miss an important call. I hope there will be an option to still allow certain alerts to come through and we aren't limited to filtering all or nothing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

"The iCloud Tabs feature allows iCloud users to view a list of Safari tabs open across all of their registered iCloud devices."

I don't get it...

"when the iCloud Tabs button is clicked in iOS 6, a synchronized list of tabs open across all the users devices is shown."

I still don't get it. I don't know of its the way it's written or if I'm just to tired....but I do not understand what you are trying to say. So when clicked, a list of tabs opens up.....and shows you all of the Safari tabs you have open on all of your devices? If this is the case...does it show you what tabs you have open on your PC (in the unlikely scenario that you use Safari) since iCloud is also available on PCs? Chrome tabs please?!
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yet another idea take straight from the jail-break world.

Thanks

Siri for iPad is coming too from what I've read...

Green Apple
    Thanks

There's already a do not disturb tweak in cydia, you reported on it last week!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c14rlf View Post
    There's already a do not disturb tweak in cydia, you reported on it last week!
    This is a report on what's expected to come in iOS 6. For some people the less 3rd party tweaks the better

Thanks

Umm that's it..do not disturb and some stars? BOOOO! Im sure they'll have more than this..can't wait to see just what that will be!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alanjf View Post
    Yet another idea take straight from the jail-break world.
    OMG a DND button. That must be a brand new invention

-Luke

Thanks

I wish they would add the Bluetooth on/off switch on the main menu of the settings similar to the WIFI on/off settings.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanortiz View Post
    I wish they would add the Bluetooth on/off switch on the main menu of the settings similar to the WIFI on/off settings.
    People don't use it that much in my opinion...