Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 5/28 - 6/3

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 5/28 - 6/3

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of May 28th until June 3rd as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap.

1. PaperLock - $2.99

PaperLock is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Apocolipse. The tweak allows you to have three new unlocking animations. The animations include that of a sheet of paper being peeled, a band aid being peeled, or a plastic tab being peeled. All of the graphics and animations are beautiful and fluid. Surenix, a well-known graphic designer, had a part in designing the graphics. The tweak also allows you pick which side you peel from, as you can move the camera grabber to either side of the screen to make peeling more comfortable to you.

2. Jukebox - 99˘

Jukebox is a new Notification Center widget by iOS developer aricha. Jukebox allows you to control your Music application from Notification Center using a stylish interface that shows you the album artwork and information about the song being played. It includes not only touch-based buttons, but also tap and swipe gestures that you can use for controlling your music. From the widget you can even adjust your device volume and also Tweet your current playing song. The widget currently only supports the stock Music application, but support for third party music applications is in the works.

3. PasswordPilot Pro - $1.99

PasswordPilot Pro is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Filippo Bigarella. It’s an upgraded version of the free jailbreak tweak, PasswordPilot. Unlike the free version, the pro version includes master password settings for keeping people from tinkering with your settings. The tweak will auto-inject your Apple ID information into the prompts when you download or update applications, download music from iTunes, download content from the iBooks store, and even when you log into Find My Friends. All in all, the tweak is great because it allows you to do things quicker without the inconvenience of typing your password all the time.

4. Blackout - FREE

Blackout is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Adam Bell. The tweak will make the black status bar the permanent status bar for your device. Usually when you open some applications, you will be introduced with Apple’s classic gray status bar. When on the home screen, the status bar is transparent and you can see the wallpaper through it. With blackout, the status bar will be pitch black no matter what – all the time. For many, this is the preferred color and appearance. In apps where the status bar is not visible, this tweak will not show a black status bar.

5. RapidLinks - FREE

RapidLinks is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer ravirajm that allows you to invoke an Activator action to open a list of your top five favorite Web sites. You cannot use the shake device Activator action to invoke the tweak and it is recommended that you use a swipe on the status bar action to invoke it. You must configure the Web sites from your Settings application after installing the tweak. The faster access to your favorite Web sites means that you don't have to wait for Safari to load up to open your bookmarks and the interface keeps Apple's design principles in mind.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on ModMyi!

Looks like you posted the only tweaks that came out this week.. Black out? Really that's weak. Maybe if it let you choose any color however just black wow! Must of taken hard core coding and editing to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Looks like you posted the only tweaks that came out this week.. Black out? Really that's weak. Maybe if it let you choose any color however just black wow! Must of taken hard core coding and editing to do that
    I don't see you making anything. I have black out and it's awessoomeee
    Last edited by blkcadi; 06-04-2012 at 02:47 PM.

He has a valid point. Why not add one simple setting and allow the colors to be set? Constructive criticism, just because it's free it doesn't mean it needs to be unduly limited: it's then statuscolor and useful to many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Seriously dude, if it that easy why dont you write the code yourself and publish it so we can change it to any color, OH, you cant? then shut up and just accept what is given to you.

Not really a best of, just... The Tweaks of this Week

With no disrespect meant (I'm not at all jumping on the bag-out-Blackout wagon) but wouldn't three black bars in WB (ie SilverBase (?), BlackBase & TranslucentBase) do the same thing?
    I guess a lot of folks don't like WB..

Quote Originally Posted by madmic6660 View Post
    Seriously dude, if it that easy why dont you write the code yourself and publish it so we can change it to any color, OH, you cant? then shut up and just accept what is given to you.
    Why the **** r u guys ganging up on him... remember when the community actually was creative?, and ****** tweaks didn't come out every single day, like they do now? just because he cant code it himself, doesn't mean the tweak isn't ******... i can code a tweak that puts a giant turd on your home screen, and have there be no way to uninstall, and just because you cant do it yourself, doesn't mean that its not a ****** idea..

Rapidlinks has bugs if you ask me. I installed it and it locked up my 4s every time I activated it. I uninstalled it and my phone is fine again. I am pretty sure it was this app messing with my phone. Any time I activated it and then cancelled out of it, my phone was frozen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Endless series of little cosmetic tweaks…makes all the hard work of the dev teams worthwhile LOL

If these are the best…I wonder what the worst are.
    Last edited by buggsy2; 06-04-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Thanks

Jukebox was the best this week
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

I mean I realize I may be going hard on this black bars guy. But how does it even deserve tweak of the week. I'm more mad at modmyi for postin every single tweak for some money or what not.

But all these crappy tweaks are just as good as farting apps except farting apps don't get a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrooks424 View Post
    Why the **** r u guys ganging up on him... remember when the community actually was creative?, and ****** tweaks didn't come out every single day, like they do now? just because he cant code it himself, doesn't mean the tweak isn't ******... i can code a tweak that puts a giant turd on your home screen, and have there be no way to uninstall, and just because you cant do it yourself, doesn't mean that its not a ****** idea..
    Let's see. Is there a chance this developer actually wanted his status bar to be black all the time and simply shared his work for those who are in the same boat? Well yes. Then why is it that it bugs you guys?

Also Jbrooks424, the world is full of people like you, no point in adding up to that number. Always unappreciative and minding other people's business. If you have no interest, you don't comment. And if you do happen to feel like commenting, take two seconds to consider what you are about to say.

Quote Originally Posted by CMartins View Post
    Let's see. Is there a chance this developer actually wanted his status bar to be black all the time and simply shared his work for those who are in the same boat? Well yes. Then why is it that it bugs you guys?

Also Jbrooks424, the world is full of people like you, no point in adding up to that number. Always unappreciative and minding other people's business. If you have no interest, you don't comment. And if you do happen to feel like commenting, take two seconds to consider what you are about to say.
    It bugs me cause some guy is making a small pay check cause he posts an article on every tweak (journalism pays on commission) for a few bucks. And then what ever tweak came out that he wrote an article on deserves the best tweaks of the weeks spot light. The less worthy one already got an article but they need to be mentioned twice just or an extra pay check. (someone will say maybe he needs the money. Well maybe Kyle the owner needs the money too. And personally quality > quantity) its not the best at all and it doesn't deserve to be here. The bar for best tweak of the week needs to be higher even if only a couple tweaks get the spotlight. Otherwise when actual worthy tweaks like springtomize or something get it what will it be worth? It's a worthless title and article if the tweaks that came out receive the best title

My pecker is bigger than yours!!! Really girls, come on now.

Each poster has the same ability to post their opinion on what is written here pos or neg. The guy doesn't like the tweak, he said so. People didn't like his response, they said so. To tell people not to post on a public forum of which they are a member is funny. I don't really think that tweak is all that great but I don't diss anyone's app/tweak as I can't do it myself but to each his own. Getting on a guys case because he voiced his opinion that a craptastic tweak is craptastic (IHO) detracts from the openness of the forum. Heck look at how MR puts people in time out or boots them (as I have been 4 times lol) because they point out people's stupidity and lame *** threads. Glad such sensorship doesn't go on here. Of course you don't have the same tards makeing "should I get the 4s now" or "the next iPhone will NOT be called iPhone 5" threads.

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Jukebox was the best this week
    Damn straight.

Thanks

I like how devs are more recognized than they were way back when jbing first started.
    People will have opinions but we can also be respectful y'all.

I have to agree with the guy. I hardly read the "best of the week" anymore. Well obviously today I did but mainly just to see user comments because I already know that the tweaks listed are the same ones I've already seen in the news section for the week.

My point is that the meaning of this has been lost. Do some people find use to an all black status bar? I'm sure they do, but saying its one of the best this week? Lol come on.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Carlos's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys can anyone direct me to where I can read up on all the "Best Tweaks of the Week" im trying to see if i missed anything good but can't find the section where they would all be listed since they started tweaks of the week...

Thanks

In the forums tab go to iPhone News forum, they should all be there
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide