+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PasswordPilot Pro Now Live In Cydia!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The original PasswordPilot jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Filippo Bigarella made it to our list of Ten Great Jailbreak Tweaks for the iPhone because of the convenience that it brings
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default PasswordPilot Pro Now Live In Cydia!

The original PasswordPilot jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Filippo Bigarella made it to our list of Ten Great Jailbreak Tweaks for the iPhone because of the convenience that it brings to downloading applications. It’s convenient because it keeps us from having to type in our App Store password each time we download applications or attempt to update our applications. While the tweak was great, Filippo wasn’t done with the project and has just released a Pro version in Cydia.

Unlike PasswordPilot, which was (and still is) a free download, PasswordPilot Pro will set the buyer back $1.99 to grab their copy. The steep price increase between the two versions of the tweak is defined by the functionality. While PasswordPilot allows you to download applications conveniently at any time just by entering your password in a preferences pane in the Settings application, PasswordPilot Pro does that and more.

PasswordPilot Pro will not only store your information securely, using NSA-approved encryption standards, but it will also keep people from tinkering with your PasswordPilot Pro settings by asking you to set up a master password. The master password will be used to make sure that you, and only you, are the one editing PasswordPilot Pro’s options. Every time you tap on the PasswordPilot Pro preferences pane in the Settings application, you’ll be prompted to enter your master password:

Once you enter that master password of yours, you’ll be able to see what makes PasswordPilot Pro tick and set your own options to make your device comfortable for your own use. If you don't want a master password, you can disable it from the preferences pane, which is shown below:

Unlike PasswordPilot, PasswordPilot Pro supports more than one Apple ID. PasswordPilot Pro will auto-detect the Apple ID being asked for when an application update is available so that the user doesn’t have to type in any passwords. In addition to multiple accounts, PasswordPilot Pro also works with multiple applications – these include the App Store, iTunes, iBooks, Find My Friends, and more. The basic PasswordPilot only supports the App Store and iTunes applications. From the preferences pane you will see the option to toggle updates only – this feature will keep people from purchasing applications on your Apple ID without your permission, but still allow you to easily download your free updates.

The security in PasswordPilot Pro, in addition to the added functionality, makes it a considerably wise upgrade for anyone using PasswordPilot that enjoys ease of use on their iOS device. Even with the added security, however, no one should ever turn a blind eye to the possibility of malicious hands and should still always use a pass code in combination with a tweak like this to prevent unwanted purchases.

Functionally, the tweak works great at auto-inserting your Apple ID and password for you. The tweak works with both iOS 4 and iOS 5. If you don't want to type in your information every time you install an application from the App Store, check out PasswordPilot or PasswordPilot Pro!

Name: PasswordPilot Pro
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 4+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Filippo Bigarella
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Sources: Filippo Bigarella
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-01-2012 at 08:31 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

I like this, but it should also allow no password for free apps.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

if i weren't switching to the galaxy s3, i'd get it. shoot, i might get it anyway!

Thanks

This is the most long, drawn-out article I've ever seen, over an app adding like one new feature and then charging $2 for it.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 710 Posts

I think that it's overpriced

Banned
    Thanks

I think just about all cydia apps are over priced.

jailbreaking is free, cydia is free so stop making money from something that is free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I think just about all cydia apps are over priced.

jailbreaking is free, cydia is free so stop making money from something that is free.
    People put a lot of time into these Cydia apps and tweaks and some of them put together a pretty damn good product. Being able to say "I built this, and people bought it" is more impacting then saying "I made this and I was able to give it away for free". These people are looking to produce things that people want for their phones, but it takes time, and if they get a little something out of it ... maybe they'll put more time into making the apps and make better ones.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Titanyium View Post
    People put a lot of time into these Cydia apps and tweaks and some of them put together a pretty damn good product. Being able to say "I built this, and people bought it" is more impacting then saying "I made this and I was able to give it away for free". These people are looking to produce things that people want for their phones, but it takes time, and if they get a little something out of it ... maybe they'll put more time into making the apps and make better ones.
    Pod2g and the Dev team guys puts in more time......
    iPhone 5 7.1.1 Jailbroken with Pangu

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Limpfoot View Post
    I was including them. They all deserve support.

Thanks

There is a free version for cheapskates, but how anyone can complain about a couple of bucks beats me.

More than a couple of bucks and I think about buying something but, if I used the free version, upgrading to the pro version for a two bucks is a no brainer, if only to thank the author!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

How about also having Cydia work with this?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Limpfoot View Post
    EXACTLY!
    How about at least 10% of everything sold in Cydia goes to the devs who created the jailbreak and Cydia.

QUOTE" Being able to say "I built this, and people bought it" is more impacting then saying "I made this and I was able to give it away for free"."
    How about, instead of saying "My app made $10" I think they would rather like "My app was downloaded 100,000 times."
    Now which would you prefer?

Still making money from jailbreaking is wrong. Making money from a free thing is like stealing from the charity bin.
    They said when the first few jailbreaks came out "If you paid for this demand a refund" so they want to keep it free. Looks like these devs dont care about the jailbreak devs or they would keep it FREE.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

What if you lost your iphone and it wasn't locked? By having PasswordPilot Pro running, you have now opened up all your protected logins! ???

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    What if you lost your iphone and it wasn't locked? By having PasswordPilot Pro running, you have now opened up all your protected logins! ???
    Which is why I would only allow it for updates.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    there is a free version for cheapskates, but how anyone can complain about a couple of bucks beats me.

More than a couple of bucks and i think about buying something but, if i used the free version, upgrading to the pro version for a two bucks is a no brainer, if only to thank the author!
    +10 (Just upgraded)

Thanks
    The free version already does what I want it to do. I'll stick with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher_Otis View Post
    The free version already does what I want it to do. I'll stick with it.
    And you don't think it's worth bunging the author a couple of bucks to say thank you?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRicky View Post
    I like this, but it should also allow no password for free apps.
    basically this. 99% of my app downloads are free ones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Never thankful, never happy. What a sad story, what a pitiful way to live.

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't believes so many are complaining about people trying to make a bit of money from jailbreak tweaks. If Pod2G and co. don't need money for creating the jailbreak then that's fair enough, each to their own. But if developers want to charge asmall amount for people to download something they spent time and effort creating then that's fair enough too.
    If people can charge money for apps from the app store (a lot of which are crap) then why can't developers charge for maing tweaks which help to improve the core functionality of an iPhone?