+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New App Helps You Remember The 'Crap You Can't Forget'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Without question, the iPhone has helped save an awful lot of trees. With apps and other digital tools designed to help keep people on track and on schedule with their
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default New App Helps You Remember The 'Crap You Can't Forget'

Without question, the iPhone has helped save an awful lot of trees. With apps and other digital tools designed to help keep people on track and on schedule with their tasks and appointments, traditional print calendars and paper planners are disappearing fast.

But just because a plethora of iOS apps have helped to hasten this reality, it doesn't mean that all of them are worth owning, let alone paying for. Fortunately, when it comes to the newest creation from Bonezales Productions, there's no doubt about the value of this pretty sweet app, which is called "Crap You Can't Forget."

"My girlfriend and I we're discussing what was missing from the app store in terms of productivity apps," Michael Bowen, CEO of BonezalesProductions, tells MMi. "We researched and agreed that there was a good amount of note taking apps, however they were missing certain things such as; password protection, ability to share to social networks, and the most important, a great sense of humor."

The end result was the creation of this app with the clever title.

"We started to kick around ideas at my expense because I've been known to jot quick notes down on anything from my hand to a pillow case," Bowen says. "So the toilet paper roll became of that."

What's he's referring to, of course, is the app's colorful sense of humor. Your reminder notes are written down on a roll of toilet paper as shown in the screenshots posted above. When you delete a note, you actually hear the sound of a toilet flushing.

All told, the app is fun, easy to use, and serves up a number of functionalities that not only work well, but are sophisticated in their simplicity. You can create folders to organize your notes (which are password protected), set up audio reminders for important events, share your notes to Facebook, Twitter, Email, etc., audio record a note, add videos or photos to your notes, and a number of other features you may not appreciate until you try them.

And, so far, lots of folks are trying out the app and reporting enjoyable experiences. Best of all, further tweaks and improvements will make "Crap You Can't Forget" even more memorable.

"We're currently adding iCloud integration, retina display, and the ability to upload to YouTube directly from within the app," Bowen tells me.

You can get the app now for $1.99.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JimboHurt's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the default reminders app a lot.
    Plus the metaphor of this app is kind of gross in my opinion
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this a ad? Like one of those paid advertisement commercials you see on TV, where they pretend it is a news broadcast special bulletin, but really they are just selling u a product. Or are these people your friends and your plugging their app for them?

Interface looks horrible. And if there is a void in the app store....this category is certainly not one of them. I'll mark this as "Crap I can forget".
    Last edited by iLoveWindows&iPhone; 06-01-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    El Zurdo

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

saved alot of trees, taken alot of chinese sweatshop workers in foxconn...

Thanks

wow, if you have nothing else better to review. do a review on one of my apps that recently been approved Deja Vu - USA for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store . Much more interesting..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skram View Post
    wow, if you have nothing else better to review. do a review on one of my apps that recently been approved Deja Vu - USA for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store . Much more interesting..
    LOL your "customer" reviews have you written all over them. (except for that one honest guy, however) Also, I agree with him. The UI isn't that great (reminds me of the horrible facebook UI actually.) While I agree, the app in the article could use some work, calling your app "much more interesting" is a stretch to say the least..

Green Apple bonezalesproductions's Avatar
    Thanks

What's happening folks? Here's an early demo I have up on YouTube for those of you that would like to get a better idea of exactly how many features are packed into this app. I enjoy the feedback and look forward to any suggestions for future add ons. Currently we are adding; retina display to enhance the UI, the ability to upload a saved video to YouTube directly from the app, and iCloud integration to back up all of your notes. Also being added that was a last minute addition is the ability to share your saved videos & photos to Twitter. Enjoy. Funniest App for iPhone & iPads. Crap You Can't Forget - YouTube

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Watched video. This app is actually pretty impressive. If you want an app that does a lot and like the idea of potty humor this app would be great for you. Does a lot of the same things Evernote does. Says it works with the cloud and if he can get it to work with computer then its a nice option to some of the other note programs out there.

Green Apple bonezalesproductions's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by 1shuttle1 View Post
    Watched video. This app is actually pretty impressive. If you want an app that does a lot and like the idea of potty humor this app would be great for you. Does a lot of the same things Evernote does. Says it works with the cloud and if he can get it to work with computer then its a nice option to some of the other note programs out there.

iCloud integration, retina display, and the ability to upload directly to YouTube is currently being worked on for our new version. The release should be in the next few weeks with these added features. We're glad you enjoy the app and look forward to more suggestions of what you guys would like to see added in future upgrades.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skram View Post
    Just become friends with one of the writers on the site, it seems they are more then willing to plug your app for you! Checked out your app btw....pretty good.
    El Zurdo