+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Boost Mobile May Carry The iPhone This Fall

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So much for Cricket stealing the prepaid spotlight for more than 24-hours. As MMi reported Thursday, Cricket has confirmed plans to become the nation's first prepaid wireless carrier to serve
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Boost Mobile May Carry The iPhone This Fall

So much for Cricket stealing the prepaid spotlight for more than 24-hours.

As MMi reported Thursday, Cricket has confirmed plans to become the nation's first prepaid wireless carrier to serve up the iPhone. Beginning June 22nd, the touchscreen Apple smartphone will be launched with an unlimited plan costing $55-per-month.

But Cricket may not be the only prepaid iPhone provider for long. According to the tech rumor mill, Sprint-owned Boost Mobile will similarly have a prepaid option for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S this September.

TechnoBuffalo was tipped off to this possibility by a trusted source close to the carrier, although question remain as to whether Boost Mobile will retain its monthly $50 Unlimited Plan. If so, that's $5 cheaper than the Cricket alternative.
    "This is definitely a new era for prepaid as the introduction of the iPhone will likely result in more high-end Android devices being available off-contract," says Mark Hearn. "It looks like the postpaid market may have some competition."

Source: TechnoBuffalo

Thanks

I thought it said at first glance "Boost Mobile May Carry The iPhone This Fail ".

Thanks

Wow! That is awesome..i don't know anyone that likes signing 2 year contracts haha! Great alternative and at a great price! Although you have to buy the phone for 250-400 depending on the carrier im sure..in the long run the consumer wins!

Thanks

I think it's best to pay $500 for an iPhone with no contract rather then pay $650 so you can use a gsm prepaid. But yet again cricket iPhone will be CDMA which is ***. So eh not too excited for.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Game over, AT&T. . .

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe AT&T & Verizon should start lowering there "greedy" high prices.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds great all apple has to do is make walkie-talkie built in it

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    Sounds great all apple has to do is make walkie-talkie built in it
    Voxer FTW

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm so tempted to switch to these company's when they come to my area. Also tempted to switch phones if this iPhone 5 isn't what I'm excepting.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

the best service i ever had was from boost mobile. unfortunately, i forgot to buy a few more minutes within 90 days. i was calling all over the world with that thing on a $10 phone card.

Thanks

Can I buy a Boost sim card and use it in my at&t iPhone? I would love to pay $50 a month for unlimited as opposed to $100 a month limited.

Thanks

I had Boost for 2 years..it was great to be able to control your bill I also believe if it is not about exclusive phone rights(the first 3 iPhones) then its about exclusive services/applications. Although up until now, i haven't seen any carrier make or give services that are mind blowing or even great. Guess the beat goes on..we shall see.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pizentu View Post
    Can I buy a Boost sim card and use it in my at&t iPhone? I would love to pay $50 a month for unlimited as opposed to $100 a month limited.
    No, because Boost's SIMs authenticate iDEN phones, not GSM. Even then, iDEN accounts are being phased out starting next month. Those Boost SIMs won't be worth anything. Boost isn't unlimited data except on iDEN (but iDEN speeds akin to early dial up... IPhones wouldn't be able to even pull up a decent WAP site on it). CDMA Boost is throttled after a limit just like Its sister branch Virgin Mobile USA.

You can buy an H2O, ST, or Red Pocket SIM and use their plans in your iPhone with a few tweaks. Still cheaper than at&t's plans, and aren't unlimited.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    No, because Boost's SIMs authenticate iDEN phones, not GSM. Even then, iDEN accounts are being phased out starting next month. Those Boost SIMs won't be worth anything. Boost isn't unlimited data except on iDEN (but iDEN speeds akin to early dial up... IPhones wouldn't be able to even pull up a decent WAP site on it). CDMA Boost is throttled after a limit just like Its sister branch Virgin Mobile USA.

You can buy an H2O, ST, or Red Pocket SIM and use their plans in your iPhone with a few tweaks. Still cheaper than at&t's plans, and aren't unlimited.
    So what are you saying? Some people are willing to sacrifice speed to save a little. Just like some people are willing to pay more just to fit in! After AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile took away unlimited data I'm glad to see these smaller Carriers step up. Even if they're speeds are reduced. Its a step in the right direction. Flood the U.S. with iPhones to reduce its value!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    CDMA Boost is throttled after a limit just like Its sister branch Virgin Mobile USA.
    I thought Boost Mobile used Sprint's network?