Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] EasyMeasure - Measure Distances With Your iPhone's Camera!

So..
    What's the difference between the cydia version (99 cents) and the app store version (free) except the fact you can upgrade the app store version to an add free one with more features.

What am I missing?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Where do you see Ads at in this app? I just got it yesterday but haven't seen any Ads show up.
    I haven't actually seen any ads. Firewall IP is blocking easymeasure's attempted connections to admob and doubleclick. Love Firewall IP.

Default Developer Response
    Quote Originally Posted by nzlotrfan View Post

This developer has just stolen the app from the Apple App Store and is now selling it by himself. The app is free on the App Store, but you can pay to upgrade to an ad-free version.
    Dear all,

I'm the developer of EasyMeasure. I developed and own the EasyMeasure App that is available on the iTunes App Store. I decided to also publish it on Cydia to also reach out to you guys. The Cydia version has the same capabilities as the upgraded version of the iTunes version, but is 50% cheaper (upgrade in iTunes costs 1.99$). The Modmyi staff has extensively verified the genuineness of the app. I posted the first version of the app in January 2010, at that time I was the first one publishing an app with camera measurement capabilities. The app has been improved significantly after that.

Moreover, there are no ads in the app ! The statements made in the comments are false, and were based on third party ads that were displayed on top of the screenshots in the cydia store.

Please contact me when you have comments/questions

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cujo30227 For This Useful Post:

confucious (06-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by cujo30227 View Post
    Dear all,

I'm the developer of EasyMeasure. I developed and own the EasyMeasure App that is available on the iTunes App Store. I decided to also publish it on Cydia to also reach out to you guys. The Cydia version has the same capabilities as the upgraded version of the iTunes version, but is 50% cheaper (upgrade in iTunes costs 1.99$). The Modmyi staff has extensively verified the genuineness of the app. I posted the first version of the app in January 2010, at that time I was the first one publishing an app with camera measurement capabilities. The app has been improved significantly after that.

Moreover, there are no ads in the app ! The statements made in the comments are false, and were based on third party ads that were displayed on top of the screenshots in the cydia store.

This is true. We have confirmed it.

Nice to hear from the developer. So the cydia app is the same as the upgraded app in the app store but half the price?

No brainier. Will now buy from cydia.

Thanks
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dear all,

I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    This is true. We have confirmed it.
    Firewall IP says different.

-2nbblh3.png

EasyMeasure has been upgraded to v 1.1 and on of the new features is "-Ads were loaded in the background and hidden. The ads are now completely removed from the package."

If you are wondering why I am making a big deal about this, I stated that there were ads in the app and the developer stated...

My message above shows EasyMeasure contacting ad servers in chronological order.

Firewall IP verified that all ads have been removed in v1.1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12