+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Kickstarter Projects: iPhone Edition

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Plug “iPhone” into the search function of Kickstarter and you’ll get 37 pages of funded, unfunded, and in the process of being funded projects. Search iPad and the search throws
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Weekly Kickstarter Projects: iPhone Edition

Plug “iPhone” into the search function of Kickstarter and you’ll get 37 pages of funded, unfunded, and in the process of being funded projects. Search iPad and the search throws up 26 pages. A lot of projects, some worthy, some not, but a ton to wade through for interested investors and curious minds alike.

Which is why we’re going to do the work for you by highlighting a few worthy or simply interesting projects each week. The posts will be organized by device type and will include their funding status.

iRecycle
    Funding goal: $16,000
    Funding raised: $485
    Days to go: 24

Aside from the name there’s a lot to like about the iRecycle project. Designer Seter Wu has created an iPhone case made entirely out of recycled paper. Those worrying that the paper composed case would decompose rather quickly need not worry, as the cases can be submerged in water for up to three weeks before deteriorating. The cases comes in the very paper-esque grain colorway, as well as black and white. It looks like the iPhone slips snugly into place, with ample protection from drops. A $10 pledge gets you the grain model and the peace of mind that you’re doing your part to help the environment.

Neva - Evolution of the ski pole
    Funding goal: 100,000
    Funding raised: $15,474
    Days to go: 6

Sadly, it looks like this great idea won’t meet its perhaps too lofty funding goal of $100,000. The Neva is essentially a smart ski pole that allows users to see and answer phone calls, receive short text messages and access terrain information without taking their gloves off. The pole communicates both with your Android or iPhone as well as SlopeScience.com. Called ID information, and text messages show up on a .96” OLED display which is visible in direct sunlight and is powered by a battery that lasts three days between charges. Only one of the poles sold in each pair will data enabled.

gTar: The First Guitar That Anybody Can Play
    Funding goal: $100,000
    Funding raised: $263,287
    Days to go: 26

Incident has already more than doubled their funding goal, but that doesn’t mean you still should pledge your support. While the early bird special of 200 gTars priced at $350 are sold out, you can still pledge $399 or more an receive a gTar which will retail for over $449. The gTar premise is awesome. Your iPhone docks in the unit and allows users to play the guitar on three different difficulties: easy, medium, and hard. On easy you only have to play the open strings, on medium you start playing the frets and strings at the same time. During both these difficulties "smartplay” is enabled so you don’t hear wrong notes. On Hard gTar will still display the correct notes, but smartplay is disabled.
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 05-30-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 884 Posts

They recycle case looks ****.

It's like they said "I know, no one has made a recycled case. That will sell loads, screw designing something that actually looks good."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    They recycle case looks ****.

It's like they said "I know, no one has made a recycled case. That will sell loads, screw designing something that actually looks good."
    yaa.
    What the h*** is it even made out of?!
    Wood shavings? cardboard? loool

The rest of the products looks good though

Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    yaa.

Paper. It says it in the article.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think the case will make it...

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    yaa.

It's actually made out of recycled paper. The pulp is injected into a copper mold, and the finished product is treated with a coating that makes it impervious to water for extended periods of time. The case is actually designed by a single man, and is more of pet project for the guy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

It's about time! There's nothing I've wanted more from the tech world than the ability to go skiing and take phone calls at the same time. Now THAT'S practical!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The big issue with this gTar..if you wait till the end..listen to what this thing sounds like. AWFUL.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Search Vavo on Kickstarter and you'll be amazed. This thing is awesome! I just picked up the recoil winder for my iPhone headphones and I love them. I'm also pledging for the Bezl iPhone case as well.

Thanks
    The paper case is pretty cool.

iPhone? More like MyPhone LTechTalk's Avatar
    Thanks

I love that paper case , I love environmental free , recycled cases . They're pretty cool

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    It's about time! There's nothing I've wanted more from the tech world than the ability to go skiing and take phone calls at the same time. Now THAT'S practical!
    Silly response. How much time do you spend on a lift/gondola? Plenty! instead of taking off gloves and searching for phone in pocket/pack you check out your pole. Not something I'd be interested in using as I like to ski and not be disturbed but for most, I think this would be a cool deal.