Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cook States Apple has "cool ideas about what Siri can do"

Thanks

Default Cook States Apple has "cool ideas about what Siri can do"

During a recent interview at the All Things D conference, Tim Cook hinted at the future of Siri stating that the company has “a lot going on” in its development that users will see in the upcoming months. After stating the obvious that Siri is one of the most popular features of the iPhone 4S, Cook hinted that Apple is nowhere near done with its development for the feature. The Cupertino California company has “some cool ideas about what Siri can do.”

“I think Siri has proven that voice is something people want to do,” adding that customers will “be pleased with where Siri is going,” and that new features will be seen in the “coming months.” It was explained that the key feature of Siri is not the voice recognition technology of it, but instead the understanding of natural human language. The artificial intelligence of Siri according to Cook is “something people have dreamed about for years.”

Although there seems to be quite a bit of vagueness about the whole ordeal, Cook did hint towards some possible improvements. According to Cook, Siri could be improved if it were made broader and he even went as far as mentioning that the company sees “unbelievable potential” in expanding the technology. Apple is said to be “doubling down” on Siri development going forward. We’ll have to wait and see what features Apple releases for Siri in the future by being patient.

Source: All Things D

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I have a cool idea too: make it work -- reliably.
    My daughter kept seeing the commercials and gave up after five minutes when she wouldn't respond like she does with 'the people on TV'.

My Daughter: 'Daddy, why doesn't Siri talk to me like she does with Zooey?'
    Me: 'Because, honey, that's what they do on TV to make it look good so people will buy it.'
    My Daughter: [makes a face] 'That's not right -- that's like lying'
    Me: 'If you can understand that, you are growing up, baby -- sorry.'

If a nine-year-old can get it...

Thanks

hahaha@quidam..i hear ya! My son is 9 and he says the same thing. Siri does what they say..just not the way that they advertise it. In the commercial, Siri is reciting some dictionary term and we are led to believe it is actually conversing. That's why you go and test the phone at an Apple store before purchase..i don't feel bad for those that don't research what they purchase no brainer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    hahaha@quidam..i hear ya! My son is 9 and he says the same thing. Siri does what they say..just not the way that they advertise it. In the commercial, Siri is reciting some dictionary term and we are led to believe it is actually conversing. That's why you go and test the phone at an Apple store before purchase..i don't feel bad for those that don't research what they purchase no brainer.

I'm not going to be the one douch bag but they do say Siri is still in beta stages guys

But they should do what Nintendo does with the 3ds might be a little kiddy but will be so flipping cool. If they added little create a avatar and then when you walk next to people with other Siri avatars you get there's a little bit of information on there hometown

On the Siri commercials, don't they say "results may vary" or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPIFF View Post
    I'm not going to be the one douch bag but they do say Siri is still in beta stages guys
    He is completely right and i was about to say that. You guys need to understand what "alpha" and "beta" mean compared to the full and finished version.

I've not had any problems with Siri, although I'm definitely looking forward to it being expanded and becoming more powerful.