+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Supposed Pictures of the iPhone 5 Case Leak to the Interwebs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The first image leaked by iFixyouri and reported by 9to5Mac The first purported images of the actual iPhone 5 have leaked, confirming many of the rumors surrounding the device’s design
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Supposed Pictures of the iPhone 5 Case Leak to the Interwebs

The first image leaked by iFixyouri and reported by 9to5Mac

The first purported images of the actual iPhone 5 have leaked, confirming many of the rumors surrounding the device’s design if the photos from iFixyouri are in fact legitimate.

Another higher res image leaked to 9to5Mac after news of the iFixyouri images broke

The photos show case both a matte charcoal black iPhone 5 and a white model. The phone's feature the rumored brushed aluminum back and larger elongated screen. The other notable design change is the smaller dock connector, and placement of the headphone jack, which appears to be on the bottom of the phone much like the current iPod touch.

The new location of the headphone jack does jive with an earlier part leak that claimed to be the headphone jack and earpiece. As MacRumors notes many observers commented that what was supposed to be the earpiece actually looked more like a smaller dock connector. The new location of the headphone jack would support this layout.

Also, the bottom appears to feature larger speaker grills, which the source of the leak claims is an attempt by Apple to improve speaker performance with space freed up by the smaller dock connector.

9to5Mac’s black leaked version of the iPhone 5 has the typical iPhone font printed on the back while the photos of the white version uBreakiFix received feature a slimmer font, and glossy rather than matte finish.

It appears everyone is receiving images of the leaked iPhone from various sources. Expect more leaks in the coming weeks leading up to WWDC, even though Apple is unlikely to announce the new iPhone at the conference.

Source: MacRumors, 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 05-29-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

2 tone white/matte finish? Um really waiting for everyone's thoughts on these. This of course has to be the iPhone 5 right?

Thanks

That has got to be a fake on the ifix your i photo unless apple swap to a micro usb for power and sync. I cant see apple doing that as there are loads of speaker docks with the current dock connection on it. If they did i can see a lot of unhappy people.And is that a a headphone jack at the bottom ?. If this is the iphone 5 why apple why ?. It looks so bad.
    Last edited by Chezcku; 05-29-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks

Very nice! Now this is news. One thing tho, I'm not sure If I like the contrast in shades of the white matte finish and the white plastic. Not sure if those two go together but whatever. I'm sure I'll love it once I get used to it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks like its that time of the year again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chezcku View Post
    That has got to be a fake on the ifix your i photo unless apple swap to a micro usb for power and sync. I cant see apple doing that as there are loads of speaker docks with the current dock connection on it. If they did i can see a lot of unhappy people.And is that a a headphone jack at the bottom ?. If this is the iphone 5 why apple why ?. It looks so bad.
    When the prototype of the iPhone 4 came out, everyone hated its design at first. Now everyone loves it! Wait a few months before you make your final opinion.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

its not just all about they wont do this because of so many products. there are things in this world called standards. and in the UK and Germany i think there is a law that every mobile phone has to be able to connect via micro usb.. thats why apple sell the micro usb connecter. and it would be better for the headphone jack at the bottom... you can have it plug in at the same time in a dock and then plug head phones into the dock...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EddieLeonard View Post
    and it would be better for the headphone jack at the bottom... you can have it plug in at the same time in a dock and then plug head phones into the dock...
    This makes no sense...

the whole point of the dock is to play music and charge through the dock. not hook up headphones while its on a dock.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Cant wait

iPhone? More like MyPhone Chamillionze's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not the iPhone 5, one it will be the SIXTH iPhone and it will be called the new iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting. I'm excited to see the actual finished product, whether it looks like that or not.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Why does the screen look so weird? I always thought the mockup pics were ugly, but now that this has surfaced, the way the screen is so "wrapped" on the edge of the phone looks odd...

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 5!!!

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Micro USB Port... Not Apple at all.
    Headphone jack on the Bottom... Really?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    Why does the screen look so weird? I always thought the mockup pics were ugly, but now that this has surfaced, the way the screen is so "wrapped" on the edge of the phone looks odd...
    Because that is the back you are looking at, there are pics elsewhere showing the front panel and it's the same as the 4/4S in width but larger in length.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    The screen looks weird because the photos aren't of the screen, but the backplate that goes on the back of the phone

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EddieLeonard View Post
    its not just all about they wont do this because of so many products. there are things in this world called standards. and in the UK and Germany i think there is a law that every mobile phone has to be able to connect via micro usb.. thats why apple sell the micro usb connecter. and it would be better for the headphone jack at the bottom... you can have it plug in at the same time in a dock and then plug head phones into the dock...

Yeah was a typical bureaucratic EU ruling. Euro law is utter tosh. Aiming for a United States of Europe by surreptitious means. I live in the UK and I'm a complete euro sceptic, and frankly I fail to see why they can dictate to a company how to produce their product. Apple is a US company.....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chamillionze View Post
    It's not the iPhone 5, one it will be the SIXTH iPhone and it will be called the new iPhone.
    Agree. People need to stop calling it iPhone 5 otherwise Apple would called it "the new iPhone" since it's less predictable...

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Dont care what it looks like. I will be using my wifes upgrade to get it. And i will hold it and kiss it and love it like a mid priced hooker. (hope i dont get a mod edit for saying hooker lol)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chamillionze View Post
    so. grand theft auto 3. vice city. San Andreas. gta4, which is the 6th gta. but they called it 4 anyway.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast