+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 108

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Supposed Pictures of the iPhone 5 Case Leak to the Interwebs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Suhvas2006 I was just in mall and a guy showed me his iPhone claiming its the new iPhone 5, said he works in china and it's big
...
  1. #81
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,913
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Suhvas2006 View Post
    I was just in mall and a guy showed me his iPhone claiming its the new iPhone 5, said he works in china and it's big time top secret refused to let me take photo or hold. It was much thinner then iphone4 and the back was curved and back was completely flat black, says phone runs on 4g and cameras and speeds r much better and faster. Also he scrolled sideways on screen to a special Steve job screen with a bunch of apps I've never seen. I couldn't see dock connector cuz he was covering it but he seemed 100% real being that he was nervous who was looking and to not allow anyone to take picture. He also said Iphone 5 will release in September
    Ok well then well see it when Tim unveils it

  2. #82
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoldycheeze88 View Post
    Micro USB Port... Not Apple at all.
    Headphone jack on the Bottom... Really?
    Headphone jack is at bottom of iPod. This is so you can slide it in your pocket easy without putting it in backwards durrrr

  3. #83
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    There are basically four types of cheap iphone 5 cases that you can buy. You can choose between a rubber, metal, leather or plastic type of case. If you are looking for an affordable case and your iPhone is never in much danger and does not fall out of your pocket much then a plastic case could fit your needs. If you have a larger budget and can afford a leather case and are after looks and style then a leather case could fit your needs best. If you are a construction worker and your iPhone is more danger than say the typical person then you might consider getting a metal case.

  4. #84
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    351
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts

    Let's hope to God, that Apple doesn't go for anything like the grotesque mockup of the first post.

    The bezel to sreen ratio is of primary aesthetic importance - and great practical importance.
    However you grab that pug fugly minger of the OP, you're gunna have screen interaction ... whether you want it or not.

    Leave the bezel alone.
    Just scale the whole thing up, so the screen's 4.8", Apple.
    And maybe have three physical buttons at the bottom.
    Now THAT would be an iPhone I'd consider buying!
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 06-04-2012 at 03:44 AM.

  5. #85
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Let's hope to God, that Apple doesn't go for anything like the grotesque mockup of the first post.

    The bezel to sreen ratio is of primary aesthetic importance - and great practical importance.
    However you grab that pug fugly minger of the OP, you're gunna have screen interaction ... whether you want it or not.

    Leave the bezel alone.
    Just scale the whole thing up, so the screen's 4.8", Apple.
    And maybe have three physical buttons at the bottom.
    Now THAT would be an iPhone I'd consider buying!
    So pretty much take ideas of other phones and call them your own? Lol
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

  6. #86
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Abina View Post
    There are basically four types of cases that you can buy. You can choose between a rubber, metal, leather or plastic type of case. If you are looking for an affordable case and your iPhone is never in much danger and does not fall out of your pocket much then a plastic case could fit your needs. If you have a larger budget and can afford a leather case and are after looks and style then a leather case could fit your needs best. If you are a construction worker and your iPhone is more danger than say the typical person then you might consider getting a metal case.
    Umm.... Thanks

    And if these pics are legit, I will definitely have to put a case on this phone. It's ugly. This can't be for real.... It simply has to be a fake or a prototype.

  7. #87
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iphone_mike View Post
    Umm.... Thanks

    And if these pics are legit, I will definitely have to put a case on this phone. It's ugly. This can't be for real.... It simply has to be a fake or a prototype.
    Who knows, maybe Apple will change it slightly. The iPhone 4 concept was hated on also as another member has already suggested but now it's much loved lol
    This may probably be the same issue
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

  8. #88
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,913
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ViperzDTL View Post
    Who knows, maybe Apple will change it slightly. The iPhone 4 concept was hated on also as another member has already suggested but now it's much loved lol
    This may probably be the same issue
    Agreed. The more I keep looking at it. The more I like it

  9. #89
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    351
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ViperzDTL View Post
    Who knows, maybe Apple will change it slightly. The iPhone 4 concept was hated on also as another member has already suggested but now it's much loved lol
    This may probably be the same issue
    Ugly then is ugly now.
    It ain't getting any less pug fugly with time.
    In fact, the more I see it, the uglier it gets.

    This mockup is the typical juvenile, over-excited geekboy reaction we come to see from people with nothing else to do with their lives but waste it on photoshopping ridiculous mock-ups in the months running up to a launch.

    FFS!

  10. #90
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,903
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    I hope the white matte portion color is just distorted by lighting bc it looks tannish and that's not cool. I have always wanted a white iPhone but keep ending up with black. This might be my chance to get a white one so I hope that matte portion is actually white...

  11. #91
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I hope the white matte portion color is just distorted by lighting bc it looks tannish and that's not cool. I have always wanted a white iPhone but keep ending up with black. This might be my chance to get a white one so I hope that matte portion is actually white...
    Yeah it should be white. I wouldnt expect apple to completely abandon their signature model colours
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

  12. #92
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,403
    Thanks
    3,700
    Thanked 9,598 Times in 5,890 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Dont care what it looks like. I will be using my wifes upgrade to get it. And i will hold it and kiss it and love it like a mid priced hooker. (hope i dont get a mod edit for saying hooker lol)
    I with you, getting one like I do every year no matter what it looks like. I'm in.

  13. #93
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts

    Lol yeah same here, I've put up with my 3G and 3GS long enough (:
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

  14. #94
    What's Jailbreak? cristoboX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Ugly then is ugly now.
    It ain't getting any less pug fugly with time.
    In fact, the more I see it, the uglier it gets.

    This mockup is the typical juvenile, over-excited geekboy reaction we come to see from people with nothing else to do with their lives but waste it on photoshopping ridiculous mock-ups in the months running up to a launch.

    FFS!
    That's one hell of a PhotoShop job:


  15. #95
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 35 Times in 33 Posts

    Don't know if this has already been posted, but there's a vid of this now.
    iPhone 5 Back Cover or Middle Plate/A new iPhone Part Leaked - YouTube

    I especially liked the comparison to the 4/4S housing. This phone is clearly significantly taller.
    I was hoping they'd keep the same height and width and just fill some of the blank space with screen. Looks like the next iPhone will be even taller than many phones with 4.3" screen.

  16. #96
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,331
    Thanks
    6,707
    Thanked 15,007 Times in 6,921 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    Don't know if this has already been posted, but there's a vid of this now.
    iPhone 5 Back Cover or Middle Plate/A new iPhone Part Leaked - YouTube

    I especially liked the comparison to the 4/4S housing. This phone is clearly significantly taller.
    I was hoping they'd keep the same height and width and just fill some of the blank space with screen. Looks like the next iPhone will be even taller than many phones with 4.3" screen.
    Check the post above yours

  17. #97
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 35 Times in 33 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Check the post above yours
    Weird, I could have sworn when I posted, the last reply wasn't even from today. I must be losing my marbles.

  18. #98
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,331
    Thanks
    6,707
    Thanked 15,007 Times in 6,921 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    Weird, I could have sworn when I posted, the last reply wasn't even from today. I must be losing my marbles.
    You may have been viewing this thread in article view and not forum view. Article view tends to leave some of the later posts out.

  19. #99
    H4CK3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Posts
    5,831
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 264 Times in 253 Posts

    Can't wait for this. It will be interesting.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

  20. #100
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts

    The video makes the case look interesting, maybe it won't look as crappy as I though lol
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts