Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Supposed Pictures of the iPhone 5 Case Leak to the Interwebs

That looks like a MagSafe port to me.
    Except the MagSafe power adapters on the MacBook/Pros are a failure in the current version.

With the original MagSafe you could bump the cord in any direction and it would release, hence the point of MagSafe so it won't damage your computer should you trip on the cable.

The current MagSafe, let's say you have the cord pointed backwards on the MacBook/Pro laptop:
    1. If you pull the cord straight back it doesn't release.
    2. If you pull the cord straight down it doesn't release.
    3. If you pull the cord straight up it doesn't release.
    4. If you pull the cord forward it releases (which is highly unlikely that you'd do that since the cord is pointed backwards)
    5. If you pull the cord straight out away from the computer it releases

I've talked to service folks who have customers with damaged charging ports on the Unibody since the cord was pulled up/down and bent the port. Try it…you can lift the left side of the heaviest MacBook/Pro off the table by pulling straight-up or worst up and towards the opposite side.

Granted some of the pulling has to be done straight in that direction but you get the point. If you're at Starbucks at those little tables and have the edge of your MacBook/Pro extended over the edge you're in risk of having a cord pull literally crash your computer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jarolin Vargas View Post
    i dont want the iphone 5 to be any bigger than it is. i hate huge phones
    good luck with that. Apple won't stay with a 3.5" screen forever.

Why is everyone so against a bigger screen?? It's like refusing to see your child grow up...

Thanks

I hate big phones. Four inches is too big, I say if you want something bigger get an iPad.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Zon View Post
    Except the MagSafe power adapters on the MacBook/Pros are a failure in the current version.
    They had to change the design because the cable connection on the original 'T' cable was a bit flimsy and melted through and set on fire

-apple_magsafe_fire.jpg

I've seen people trip up on the newer 'L' magsafe cables and every time the cable pinged out as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post
    They had to change the design because the cable connection on the original 'T' cable was a bit flimsy and melted through and set on fire

-apple_magsafe_fire.jpg

I've seen people trip up on the newer 'L' magsafe cables and every time the cable pinged out as planned.
    I have the old MagSafe my girlfriend has the new one. All are fine and release as planned and not on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Zon View Post

With the original MagSafe you could bump the cord in any direction and it would release, hence the point of MagSafe so it won't damage your computer should you trip on the cable.

The current MagSafe, let's say you have the cord pointed backwards on the MacBook/Pro laptop:
    1. If you pull the cord straight back it doesn't release.
    2. If you pull the cord straight down it doesn't release.
    3. If you pull the cord straight up it doesn't release.
    4. If you pull the cord forward it releases (which is highly unlikely that you'd do that since the cord is pointed backwards)
    5. If you pull the cord straight out away from the computer it releases

I've talked to service folks who have customers with damaged charging ports on the Unibody since the cord was pulled up/down and bent the port. Try it…you can lift the left side of the heaviest MacBook/Pro off the table by pulling straight-up or worst up and towards the opposite side.

Granted some of the pulling has to be done straight in that direction but you get the point. If you're at Starbucks at those little tables and have the edge of your MacBook/Pro extended over the edge you're in risk of having a cord pull literally crash your computer.
    So basically this long rambling post simply states if you're careful and pull the chord a certain way it won't release. Thanks.

Every time I keep looking at the white one the more I start to like it

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Nevermind
    Well that is understandable.. It just could be a plastic wrap around the phone and the phone just might be white all around. Everything else in regards to the headphone jack and speakers looks pretty cool.

i dont know about these pictures, because the charging port looks smaller, like the micro-usb, so unless apple is getting rid of their usb.

Could be a thunderbolt port. That'd be nice. But isn't that a USB too?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'll probably get it anyway, I can't be bothered learning a new os. I think it looks pretty good anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Apple is a lazy company when it comes to design, live with it. We witnessed this with the 3G/3Gs and 4/4S design. People still buy their products and love it.
    Are they? Think about it. Steve was on medical leave when both the 3GS & 4S was announced. Could it possibly be that because he couldn't oversee the design, it wasn't changed? Time will tell. All though Apple now knows consumers will settle for a internal upgrade. So we may never know. Personally I've always felt the iPhone 4 was meant to be the 3GS.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I honestly think whatever device Apple rolls out with, it'll big a big hit regardless. Mainly because of the brand name Apple. I go on the tube (Londons metro you could say) every day and I see plenty of iPhone users who don't even know how to use it. Its like they buy the device to show off.
    Someone had a phone in airplane mode and was trying to call with it... It was hilarious looking at their puzzled face
    Last edited by ViperzDTL; 05-30-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

Quote Originally Posted by Chezcku View Post
    That has got to be a fake on the ifix your i photo unless apple swap to a micro usb for power and sync. I cant see apple doing that as there are loads of speaker docks with the current dock connection on it. If they did i can see a lot of unhappy people.And is that a a headphone jack at the bottom ?. If this is the iphone 5 why apple why ?. It looks so bad.
    A few years back apple signed an agreement with a few other cell OEMs to standardize charge ports; cutting down on waste and customer frustration. So if you are worried about your dock you should have payed more attention. That's why they announce these things years in advance.

http://m.cnet.com/news/apple-others-agree-to-universal-cell-phone-charger-standard-in-europe/10274953

Quote Originally Posted by n0id View Post
    i dont know about these pictures, because the charging port looks smaller, like the micro-usb, so unless apple is getting rid of their usb.
    Yes they are using micro USB. Old news. They signed a deal back in 09 requiring the use of micro USB.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    I thought the 4S was too lame of an upgrade to blow my AT&T subsidy on, so i'm still using my 4 and holding out for a REAL 5. But if they change the dock connector, I guess i'll be getting the 4S instead. No way i'm buying 100's of dollars worth of new accessories again, not to mention the $700 car stereo I recently installed that has a hard wired 30pin connector!! What has me worried right now is, this morning SiriusXM put the SkyDock on sale for $19.99, that's $100 off!! If the SkyDock wont work with the next new iPhone, that would certainly explain why they're practically giving them away right now!

Anyway, if you're not planning to upgrade, go get a SkyDock on the cheap, i've had one since it came out, it works AWESOME and even if you dont active it, it still doubles as an FM modulator, vehicle dock and it charges the phone! No, I am not affiliated with SiriusXM in any way, shape or form.
    Apple told us years ago they are changing to micro USB. If you went and spent a bunch on money that is on you.
    Last edited by nicrfe; 05-30-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Look like it's not the real thing to me. You just have to look at the logo and the font they use. It's looking exactly like all those fake back cover you find at the flea market. Come on, bring some real stuff!

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    I hate big phones. Four inches is too big, I say if you want something bigger get an iPad.
    Seriously?? 4 inches is hardly bigger. Should Apple downsize tot 3 inches?? Wait, no, because if they did we could just get a Nano, right??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    I agree with this, especially with the fact that Apple may be releasing an iPad Mini, it just won't seem right to make the screen bigger
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    so. grand theft auto 3. vice city. San Andreas. gta4, which is the 6th gta. but they called it 4 anyway.
    lol...me too, except the hooker part. Cause, you know,
    i'm a girl and all.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to see a pic of this without the damn plastic on it!!! (The up close white case)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was just in mall and a guy showed me his iPhone claiming its the new iPhone 5, said he works in china and it's big time top secret refused to let me take photo or hold. It was much thinner then iphone4 and the back was curved and back was completely flat black, says phone runs on 4g and cameras and speeds r much better and faster. Also he scrolled sideways on screen to a special Steve job screen with a bunch of apps I've never seen. I couldn't see dock connector cuz he was covering it but he seemed 100% real being that he was nervous who was looking and to not allow anyone to take picture. He also said Iphone 5 will release in September

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast