+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Supposed Pictures of the iPhone 5 Case Leak to the Interwebs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i dont want the iphone 5 to be any bigger than it is. i hate huge phones
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    i dont want the iphone 5 to be any bigger than it is. i hate huge phones

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chamillionze View Post
    It's not the iPhone 5, one it will be the SIXTH iPhone and it will be called the new iPhone.
    Do you work on the inside of Apple? Probably not. I don't know why people feel the need to make claims based upon theory and speculation without any evidence or facts; maybe it will be called the "The New iPhone" but it's just as likely to be called the iPhone 5, and as for six, I highly doubt that they would just "skip" a number just to fit the generational chronology - if they were to do that then they would have named for 4S the iPhone 5.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Doesn't look two toned to me. Looks like it's wrapped in plastic.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

Whatever this thing is called if its the real deal I'm going to android

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    so. grand theft auto 3. vice city. San Andreas. gta4, which is the 6th gta. but they called it 4 anyway.
    +1 ... Reality.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

This looks horrible tbh! There's no uniformity.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alluziion View Post
    Do you work on the inside of Apple? Probably not. I don't know why people feel the need to make claims based upon theory and speculation without any evidence or facts; maybe it will be called the "The New iPhone" but it's just as likely to be called the iPhone 5, and as for six, I highly doubt that they would just "skip" a number just to fit the generational chronology - if they were to do that then they would have named for 4S the iPhone 5.
    I don't work for apple, but correct me if I am wrong; was there ever an iPhone 2? No, there was not so to say Apple would not skip a number to stay in chronological order, you are wrong. THEY AlREADY DID!!
    Remember:

iPhone to iPhone 3G...Where is the iPhone 2?

You must be the only privileged person in the world to receive that one of a kind phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I really don't like the mini dock connector, it's an iDevice use the universal cord we all know and love, as for the look yeah it's ugly but I'm sure we'd get used to it and love it, and I personally like the headphone jacks on the bottom because of my iPod touch:P

Quote Originally Posted by Bil1505 View Post
    I don't work for apple, but correct me if I am wrong; was there ever an iPhone 2? No, there was not so to say Apple would not skip a number to stay in chronological order, you are wrong. THEY AlREADY DID!!
    Remember:

iPhone to iPhone 3G...Where is the iPhone 2?

You must be the only privileged person in the world to receive that one of a kind phone.
    The original iPhone is generally known as the iPhone 2G, maybe because it came out on a 2G network I'm not sure.
    Last edited by bboes16; 05-29-2012 at 02:34 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Maybe that's not a earphone jack at the bottom, but a pico projector.... HMMMMMMMM.........

Thanks

I don't care what it's called I just know this when it does come out people are gonna go crazy for it

Apple has pretty much done everything right so based on that why would anyone jump ship and say they are going android

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

looks like samsung will be suing apple.

... and i'm rather partial to naming that ugly thing the iphone x.
    Last edited by hank197857; 05-29-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

It's going to be called iPhone 5.

People are stupid, yes it's the 6th iPhone but there are games like GTA 4 and 5 which aren't the 4th or 5th in series.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 05-29-2012 at 03:26 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EddieLeonard View Post
    its not just all about they wont do this because of so many products. there are things in this world called standards. and in the UK and Germany i think there is a law that every mobile phone has to be able to connect via micro usb.. thats why apple sell the micro usb connecter. and it would be better for the headphone jack at the bottom... you can have it plug in at the same time in a dock and then plug head phones into the dock...

Yep, every phone in the EU must have a micro USB connector

Changing the dock connector allows you to replace all your current docks and speakers in the Apple store while picking up your new iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iPhone 3G -> iPhone 3GS -> iPhone 4?
    It's already been done. As unpredictable as Apple are, I'm sure they will blow us away with an "extravagant" name
    I'm not too sure I'll be fond of the colour of the white model shown on the picture. Though, we'll just have to wait to see what Apple unveils
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It doesn't look like anything Apple would release. First why have to different shades on the back that is 1 solid piece. We all know it will not have a removable battery. Changing the dock connector would be a bad idea. To many accessories already work with all iDevices.
    Personally I would rather see something designed more like the iPad & iPod. I like the style of the iPhone 4/4S, but after a while it becomes uncomfortable to hold.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    It doesn't look like anything Apple would release. First why have to different shades on the back that is 1 solid piece. We all know it will not have a removable battery. Changing the dock connector would be a bad idea. To many accessories already work with all iDevices.
    Personally I would rather see something designed more like the iPad & iPod. I like the style of the iPhone 4/4S, but after a while it becomes uncomfortable to hold.
    I agree with this, although the different shades may be for a technical reason(who knows)
    The dock connector change will be a big issue if Apple does roll out a change. It wont do much aside from burning our wallets even more
    In my opinion I prefer the iPhone 4/4S style over the iPod Touch style, not sure why but I just tend to like the smooth 'brick' style belonging to the iPhone
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

it's ugly.

i'm not impressed. if calculators, watches, and even cars can be powered by solar energy, why not the iphone?
    go green, apple!
    Last edited by hank197857; 05-29-2012 at 04:29 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

The original iPhone is generally known as the iPhone 2G, maybe because it came out on a 2G network I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]
    Yes the original iPhone was 2G only, they called it the iPhone 3G for added the 3G network and the 3GS.
    Where S is for "speed" when they upgraded the processor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chamillionze View Post
    It's not the iPhone 5, one it will be the SIXTH iPhone and it will be called the new iPhone.
    ^^^ What this guy said, they're not gonna call the sixth gen iPhone the iPhone 5. iPhone 5 was what we presumed the 4S to be but everyone still uses that name that'd make no sence. And if you bring up the fact that they wouldn't go from 4 to 6 your an idiot.

Otherwise the color difference on the back looks odd unless it housed the antennae which would not transmit through aluminum, considering they ditch the side system. A micro 30 pin connector is overdue as the current bulky one while being great for many purposes, is almost a decade old technology which could be far surpassed. Screen size cool. Bigger and better quality speaker? That's my personal favorite upgrade after the screen and design. I'll be patiently waiting for this and tell me I'm full of **** but remember my name when a prototype leaks onto YouTube

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just don't care for the headphone on the bottom but I like the phone it's self that black & grey is cool anyone else notice that the charging jack is smaller?