+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 108

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Supposed Pictures of the iPhone 5 Case Leak to the Interwebs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i dont want the iphone 5 to be any bigger than it is. i hate huge phones
...
  1. #21
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i dont want the iphone 5 to be any bigger than it is. i hate huge phones

  2. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK.
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chamillionze View Post
    It's not the iPhone 5, one it will be the SIXTH iPhone and it will be called the new iPhone.
    Do you work on the inside of Apple? Probably not. I don't know why people feel the need to make claims based upon theory and speculation without any evidence or facts; maybe it will be called the "The New iPhone" but it's just as likely to be called the iPhone 5, and as for six, I highly doubt that they would just "skip" a number just to fit the generational chronology - if they were to do that then they would have named for 4S the iPhone 5.

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    huntington, wv
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Doesn't look two toned to me. Looks like it's wrapped in plastic.

  4. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts

    Whatever this thing is called if its the real deal I'm going to android

  5. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    so. grand theft auto 3. vice city. San Andreas. gta4, which is the 6th gta. but they called it 4 anyway.
    +1 ... Reality.

  6. #26
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    This looks horrible tbh! There's no uniformity.

  7. #27
    Green Apple Bil1505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alluziion View Post
    Do you work on the inside of Apple? Probably not. I don't know why people feel the need to make claims based upon theory and speculation without any evidence or facts; maybe it will be called the "The New iPhone" but it's just as likely to be called the iPhone 5, and as for six, I highly doubt that they would just "skip" a number just to fit the generational chronology - if they were to do that then they would have named for 4S the iPhone 5.
    I don't work for apple, but correct me if I am wrong; was there ever an iPhone 2? No, there was not so to say Apple would not skip a number to stay in chronological order, you are wrong. THEY AlREADY DID!!
    Remember:

    iPhone to iPhone 3G...Where is the iPhone 2?

    You must be the only privileged person in the world to receive that one of a kind phone.

  8. #28
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I really don't like the mini dock connector, it's an iDevice use the universal cord we all know and love, as for the look yeah it's ugly but I'm sure we'd get used to it and love it, and I personally like the headphone jacks on the bottom because of my iPod touch:P

    Quote Originally Posted by Bil1505 View Post
    I don't work for apple, but correct me if I am wrong; was there ever an iPhone 2? No, there was not so to say Apple would not skip a number to stay in chronological order, you are wrong. THEY AlREADY DID!!
    Remember:

    iPhone to iPhone 3G...Where is the iPhone 2?

    You must be the only privileged person in the world to receive that one of a kind phone.
    The original iPhone is generally known as the iPhone 2G, maybe because it came out on a 2G network I'm not sure.
    Last edited by bboes16; 05-29-2012 at 02:34 PM.

  9. #29
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Maybe that's not a earphone jack at the bottom, but a pico projector.... HMMMMMMMM.........

  10. #30
    iPhoneaholic bigliquid530's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    I don't care what it's called I just know this when it does come out people are gonna go crazy for it

    Apple has pretty much done everything right so based on that why would anyone jump ship and say they are going android

  11. #31
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    315
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    looks like samsung will be suing apple.

    ... and i'm rather partial to naming that ugly thing the iphone x.
    Last edited by hank197857; 05-29-2012 at 03:20 PM.

  12. #32
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    It's going to be called iPhone 5.

    People are stupid, yes it's the 6th iPhone but there are games like GTA 4 and 5 which aren't the 4th or 5th in series.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 05-29-2012 at 03:26 PM.

  13. #33
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    320
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 57 Times in 33 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieLeonard View Post
    its not just all about they wont do this because of so many products. there are things in this world called standards. and in the UK and Germany i think there is a law that every mobile phone has to be able to connect via micro usb.. thats why apple sell the micro usb connecter. and it would be better for the headphone jack at the bottom... you can have it plug in at the same time in a dock and then plug head phones into the dock...

    Yep, every phone in the EU must have a micro USB connector

    Changing the dock connector allows you to replace all your current docks and speakers in the Apple store while picking up your new iPhone

  14. #34
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts

    iPhone 3G -> iPhone 3GS -> iPhone 4?
    It's already been done. As unpredictable as Apple are, I'm sure they will blow us away with an "extravagant" name
    I'm not too sure I'll be fond of the colour of the white model shown on the picture. Though, we'll just have to wait to see what Apple unveils
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

  15. #35
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    478
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked 173 Times in 71 Posts

    It doesn't look like anything Apple would release. First why have to different shades on the back that is 1 solid piece. We all know it will not have a removable battery. Changing the dock connector would be a bad idea. To many accessories already work with all iDevices.
    Personally I would rather see something designed more like the iPad & iPod. I like the style of the iPhone 4/4S, but after a while it becomes uncomfortable to hold.

  16. #36
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    It doesn't look like anything Apple would release. First why have to different shades on the back that is 1 solid piece. We all know it will not have a removable battery. Changing the dock connector would be a bad idea. To many accessories already work with all iDevices.
    Personally I would rather see something designed more like the iPad & iPod. I like the style of the iPhone 4/4S, but after a while it becomes uncomfortable to hold.
    I agree with this, although the different shades may be for a technical reason(who knows)
    The dock connector change will be a big issue if Apple does roll out a change. It wont do much aside from burning our wallets even more
    In my opinion I prefer the iPhone 4/4S style over the iPod Touch style, not sure why but I just tend to like the smooth 'brick' style belonging to the iPhone
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

  17. #37
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    315
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    it's ugly.

    i'm not impressed. if calculators, watches, and even cars can be powered by solar energy, why not the iphone?
    go green, apple!
    Last edited by hank197857; 05-29-2012 at 04:29 PM.

  18. #38
    My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    519
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 72 Times in 52 Posts

    The original iPhone is generally known as the iPhone 2G, maybe because it came out on a 2G network I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]
    Yes the original iPhone was 2G only, they called it the iPhone 3G for added the 3G network and the 3GS.
    Where S is for "speed" when they upgraded the processor

  19. #39
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 40 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chamillionze View Post
    It's not the iPhone 5, one it will be the SIXTH iPhone and it will be called the new iPhone.
    ^^^ What this guy said, they're not gonna call the sixth gen iPhone the iPhone 5. iPhone 5 was what we presumed the 4S to be but everyone still uses that name that'd make no sence. And if you bring up the fact that they wouldn't go from 4 to 6 your an idiot.

    Otherwise the color difference on the back looks odd unless it housed the antennae which would not transmit through aluminum, considering they ditch the side system. A micro 30 pin connector is overdue as the current bulky one while being great for many purposes, is almost a decade old technology which could be far surpassed. Screen size cool. Bigger and better quality speaker? That's my personal favorite upgrade after the screen and design. I'll be patiently waiting for this and tell me I'm full of **** but remember my name when a prototype leaks onto YouTube

  20. #40
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I just don't care for the headphone on the bottom but I like the phone it's self that black & grey is cool anyone else notice that the charging jack is smaller?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts