Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wbreeze 2.9.4 Released

Default Sn0wbreeze 2.9.4 Released

The popular Windows jailbreaking client dubbed sn0wbreeze by iOS hacker iH8sn0w has been updated with support for for the iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak, which was released earlier today with the Chronic Dev Team’s Absinthe jailbreak tool. The update includes support for version 5.0 of the Apple TV 2 software, includes some minor bug fixes, and has some user interface changes.

Sn0wbreeze is for Windows only, so Linux and Mac users will not be able to use it. Contrastingly, the Absinthe alternative works on Windows already and also has support for Linux and Mac users. Unfortunately, sn0wbreeze is only capable of jailbreaking non-A5/A5X devices because A5 and A5X devices do not yet have a low-level DFU or iBoot exploit, which sn0wbreeze requires in order to work as intended.

What’s more is that the newest release of sn0wbreeze doesn’t untether the recent minor update to iPhone 4 GSM models. The iPhone 4 GSM model can be jailbroken untethered on the specific firmware iOS 5.1.1 (9B206), however if you weren’t aware, Apple released a slightly tweaked version of the iOS 5.1.1 firmware for the iPhone 4 GSM model just earlier today, dubbed firmware iOS 5.1.1 (9B208).

If you want to use the updated version of sn0wbreeze to jailbreak your A5/A5X device, feel free to download the free software from iH8sn0w’s blog. However, Absinthe is currently the easiest way to jailbreak any iOS 5.1.1 device at this point in time as it simply requires the press of a jailbreak button and some patience.

Sources: iH8sn0w
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 05-25-2012 at 10:41 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't understand why one would use sn0wbreeze. Too much restoring and errors and recboot. Why would I go through the whole sn0wbreeze process when I can use 1-click Absinthe?

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Apples quick a new build of ios 5.11 already...
    Last edited by aidanharris; 05-25-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks

iH8sn0w should discontinue sn0wbreeze and work alongside Musclenerd to make redsnow even better
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    iH8sn0w should discontinue sn0wbreeze and work alongside Musclenerd to make redsnow even better
    ih8sn0w reminds me of this young dude in my recent programming class, hella smart in the programming language! I was I have half his talent

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    I don't understand why one would use sn0wbreeze. Too much restoring and errors and recboot. Why would I go through the whole sn0wbreeze process when I can use 1-click Absinthe?
    heh. Good old pre v2.1 days. :P
    #pie.

You guys seem to be forgetting those of us who preserve basebands.

Thanks

Redsnow can preserve baseband

Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    You guys seem to be forgetting those of us who preserve basebands.
    You can create baseband-less ipsw with redsn0w.

As long as you know how to use redsn0w correctly. It will leave the baseband untouched. You make the no baseband file in it, iTunes that NOBB file onto your phone. Then run it in redsn0w. I did like sn0wbreeze but past few firmwares it seemed buggy and slow and using redsn0w my phone seemed to work a little better. But guess it's always good to have more than one set of people working on jailbreaks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

its just personal preference, use whatever you jailbreaking program you like.
    what ever floats your boat. The choice if which one to use comes down to your personal situation.
    I use sn0wbreeze instead of redsn0w because redsn0w cant create a custom firmware with an Increased partition. Sometimes i use my idevice for pentesting hence why i need the increase partition for installing alot of tools.

I just appreciate the JB thanks Devs

I like Sn0wbreeze cuz it's an all-in-one, you can upgrade your firmware and jb at the same time, especially since I don't really upgrade my fw til the day the jb comes out.

not only for preserving base bands, i for one cannot use redsn0w or absinthe on my iPhone 3gs (old bootrom) because it requires preserving of baseband AND hacktivation.
    hacktivation is only provided by sn0wbreeze, as far as i know.
    pls correct me if I'm wrong.

So does absinthe supports the new ipad?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yohu123 View Post
    not only for preserving base bands, i for one cannot use redsn0w or absinthe on my iPhone 3gs (old bootrom) because it requires preserving of baseband AND hacktivation.
    I believe redsn0w still offers hacktivation and will also fix 6.15 location services problems using tricks during hacktivation. The only difference between the two for your case is:
    1) sn0wbreeze jailbreaks and retains baseband in one step (just restore and be done), but IIRC does not fix 6.15 LS prob
    2) redsn0w requires at least two steps to work (restore with NO_BB firmware, then rerun RS to jailbreak & hacktivate), but fixes the LS issue on 6.15 basebands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmatrix View Post
    Yes
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Quote Originally Posted by yohu123 View Post
    I believe so. You can only hactivate with sn0wbreeze. I like it better for same reason--an all- in-one tool upgrade, stitch shsh, hacktivate, preserve bb and jb With redsn0w i have to remember what to do first and sometimes it wont do both bc bugs i do appreciate having more than one way of cooking an egg though Thanks iIHasn0w and the CDT.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'll wait for the latest update of redsn0w. I want to preserve my baseband. (for resale - I'm waiting for the new iPhone before getting rid of my iPhone 4.

IMHO, Redsn0w works better for me than Sn0wbreeze, because Redsn0w has more options, even though Sn0wbreeze is easier to use. It is also not buggy either. I'm hoping Redsn0w will work with the new Apple update for the A4 GSM devices.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lilmatrix View Post
    Yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by moveandstore View Post
    I'll wait for the latest update of redsn0w. I want to preserve my baseband. (for resale - I'm waiting for the new iPhone before getting rid of my iPhone 4.

IMHO, Redsn0w works better for me than Sn0wbreeze, because Redsn0w has more options, even though Sn0wbreeze is easier to use. It is also not buggy either. I'm hoping Redsn0w will work with the new Apple update for the A4 GSM devices.
    What exactly are you waiting for? The latest version of redsn0w can preserve the baseband on 5.1.1.

People are forgetting why sn0wbreeze is so cool...Pacman!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast