+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wbreeze 2.9.4 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
looks like Apple aint signing the firmware iOS 5.1.1 (9B206) anyway can we downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 (9B206) from the Apple update firmware build iOS 5.1.1 (9B208),
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

looks like Apple aint signing the firmware iOS 5.1.1 (9B206) anyway can we downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 (9B206) from the Apple update firmware build iOS 5.1.1 (9B208),

Thanks

Just jailbreak with absinthe 2.0.1. It will untether it.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akanaz View Post
    after ozens of attempts to restore using iTunes finally restored back to firmware iOS 5.1.1 (9B206), Aloha

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akanaz View Post
    I just upgraded to 5.1.1 (9B206) 5 mins ago, it worked for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is the an unlock for iPhone baseband 4.12.01 iPhone 4 pls

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Nothing with gevy or ultrasnow. Only way is call ya provider and see if they can do it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My provider don't allow it is there any time an unlock gonna be out?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Don't know if they will be one. There was Sam dev team made but apple done stopped that. Maybe there will be another can't really tell sorry.

Thanks

I know that this was a while ago, but when I had the iPhone 3g I preferred sn0wbreeze because it made the phone run better after the restore. It was almost out of the box good lol...until I installed winterboard 😓

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SnOwbreeze is an awesome tool for use on bricked iPhones. I have repeatedly used it to get an iPhone up and running again, when nothing else works. It can and has them going again when redsnow will not. I use it on crashed/bricked iPhones only that were previously JB/unlocked

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    What exactly are you waiting for? The latest version of redsn0w can preserve the baseband on 5.1.1.

People are forgetting why sn0wbreeze is so cool...Pacman!
    From what I read, you have to use Redsn0w with 5.1 - not 5.1.1. Plus Apple changed to a newer version of the 5.1.1 for AT&T GSM users like me. And the latest Redsn0w was for the tethered jailbreak. I am still on 5.0.1. and waiting for a solution to keep my original baseband. We were told to hold off until a solution to keeping the baseband was available. Snowbreeze had that option for a custom ipsw. But it wasn't listed in the latest tutorial. (I used to use Sn0wbreeze in my previous jailbreaks, but Sn0wbreeze became buggy in later versions - I had to use Tiny Umbrella to get out a loop - , and Redsn0w was more reliable and stable.

Could someone please explain what is the best solution for us unlockers who want to preserve their baseband (1.59.00) to upgrade with. I didn't want to upgrade to 5.1.1 and run Redsn0w tethered and then JB with Abisinthe. And what firmware what I use to make a custom ipsw.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moveandstore View Post
    From what I read, you have to use Redsn0w with 5.1 - not 5.1.1. Plus Apple changed to a newer version of the 5.1.1 for AT&T GSM users like me. And the latest Redsn0w was for the tethered jailbreak. I am still on 5.0.1. and waiting for a solution to keep my original baseband. We were told to hold off until a solution to keeping the baseband was available. Snowbreeze had that option for a custom ipsw. But it wasn't listed in the latest tutorial. (I used to use Sn0wbreeze in my previous jailbreaks, but Sn0wbreeze became buggy in later versions - I had to use Tiny Umbrella to get out a loop - , and Redsn0w was more reliable and stable.

Could someone please explain what is the best solution for us unlockers who want to preserve their baseband (1.59.00) to upgrade with. I didn't want to upgrade to 5.1.1 and run Redsn0w tethered and then JB with Abisinthe. And what firmware what I use to make a custom ipsw.
    Just download 5.1.1 for your iPhone 4 (there's just one for all iPhone 4's). Create a custom firmware with the latest redsn0w (I did, it works just perfectly). Backup your iPhone 4 then put it in pwned DFU mode using redsn0w and then do a shift restore in iTunes using the custom firmware you made. Then jailbreak with absinthe 2.01.

Sorry, use build 2.0.2 for the new 9B208. I don't know if redsn0w or sn0wbreeze can make custom firmware for the 9B208 5.1.1 version. Won't hurt to try it, they will just fail if they aren't compatible. But all this will be moot if they are still signing the original 5.1.1 release which I think they are.
    Last edited by ggab; 05-27-2012 at 08:36 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i'm hoping ih8sn0w will update his ifaith. it's another great tool from the dev to our north. still, like the other guy said, "it's good to have options." different jailbreaks work differently on different computers. find one that you like. just for kicks, i stitched a redsn0w blob onto a sn0wbreeze ipsw. i copied that onto a flash drive, and then copied it to my mac where i jailbroke my iphone. nice ...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    Just download 5.1.1 for your iPhone 4 (there's just one for all iPhone 4's). Create a custom firmware with the latest redsn0w (I did, it works just perfectly). Backup your iPhone 4 then put it in pwned DFU mode using redsn0w and then do a shift restore in iTunes using the custom firmware you made. Then jailbreak with absinthe 2.01.

Sorry, use build 2.0.2 for the new 9B208. I don't know if redsn0w or sn0wbreeze can make custom firmware for the 9B208 5.1.1 version. Won't hurt to try it, they will just fail if they aren't compatible. But all this will be moot if they are still signing the original 5.1.1 release which I think they are.

Sn0wbreeze was updated to handle the new 9B208, and I made the custom ispw, but I am having trouble putting my phone into DFU mode. Pwner DFU is not being recognized no matter how many times I try to put it into DFU mode. Fortunately, if I hold both buttons again, I can get it back to normal. I have never had this problem.

Green Apple
    Thanks

BTW: I had to download and run iReb separately, because running iReb from Sn0wbreeze would not recognize that you are in DFU mode. Once I did that, everything else worked well and I am jailbroken on the new 5.1.1 (9B208) with no problems. Just keep that in mind if anyone is having trouble putting their phone into DFU mode from Sn0wbreeze, use iReb (from the same people who created Sn0wbreeze - the latest version handles 5xx) separate.

Thanks

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12