Page 1 of 17 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chronic Dev Team Releases Absinthe 2.0

Default Chronic Dev Team Releases Absinthe 2.0

The Chronic Deve Team released Absinthe 2.0 today as promised. Let the jailbreaking begin.

The Absinthe jailbreak tool supports the following devices:

• iPad 1, iPad 2 (2,1—2,2—2,3 ) iPad third generation (3.1—3,2—3,3)
    • iPhone (2,2—3,1—4,1)
    • Support for the newer 32nm iPad 2 (iPad2,4) will be added later.
    As usual the jailbreak instructions are as follows:

1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
    2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
    3. Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
    4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
    5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)
    Enjoy the jailbreak and make sure to let @pod2g, @MuscleNerd, or any other member of the Chronic Dev Team know of any problems. Also, make a donation to show your support. Remember these guys do all of this work pro bono.

As of now the Chronic Dev Team servers don't appear to be going into analeptic shock, so downloads should be fairly smooth.

Source: Chronic Dev Team
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 05-25-2012 at 10:27 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Already done!

Hmm - so good you had to say it twice?

Please do NOT do this if you already have a tethered JB!
    Download Rocky Racoon from Cydia instead.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Didn't know erasing all content and settings made the jailbreak faster. Good info, thanks phillip
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

I'm having a fail-a-thon over here with my iPad 3. getting the hmmm ... something went wrong - recovery complete fail over and over again. I've tried about 20 times now.

Quick question, does the formatting of the article look screwy to any of you? On my browser (chrome) the quotation boxes, and lists look goofy as hell....

Thanks

Looks good from the app

All iPhones and iPods done but my iPad 2 is a new one boo ah well I'm gonna be busy for a while configuring all the others up to how I like them, specially when cydia starts getting hammered lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    Quick question, does the formatting of the article look screwy to any of you? On my browser (chrome) the quotation boxes, and lists look goofy as hell....
    I can't use the web version on my Mac. Can't comment or refresh. Have to use the app.

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Looks good from the app
    +1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Have tried to jailbreak my 4s multiple times now. Each time it has not worked. Keeps saying something went wrong, and to unplug and try again. I have done this at least a dozen times and have redownloaded the software multiple times now. Each time I extract the software, there is an encryption error with the _MACOSX folder so I dont know if this is the problem. If anyone has had any luck with a work around, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

looks good on Mac/Safari

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greg DeBrita View Post
    Have tried to jailbreak my 4s multiple times now. Each time it has not worked. Keeps saying something went wrong, and to unplug and try again. I have done this at least a dozen times and have redownloaded the software multiple times now. Each time I extract the software, there is an encryption error with the _MACOSX folder so I dont know if this is the problem. If anyone has had any luck with a work around, it would be appreciated.
    Have you tried a different pc?

If I do a backup, and then 'erase all content and settings', and then update and JB via Absinthe, will the restore bring back the profiles and related security settings required/used for my corp VPN and Exchange access?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    If I do a backup, and then 'erase all content and settings', and then update and JB via Absinthe, will the restore bring back the profiles and related security settings required/used for my corp VPN and Exchange access?
    Yes, it should bring back everything as it was

If I'm currently on 5.1 and want to upgrade to the latest iOS, can I just do the iTunes backup and then upgrade to the latest version, Jailbreak it again, and then restore to the backup? I'm guessing it would go back to the previous firmware at that point and all be for not.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiteStar View Post
    If I'm currently on 5.1 and want to upgrade to the latest iOS, can I just do the iTunes backup and then upgrade to the latest version, Jailbreak it again, and then restore to the backup? I'm guessing it would go back to the previous firmware at that point and all be for not.
    Yes, you can do that. Restoring from backup will not put the previous firmware on there. It will just restore your settings/apps/music etc.

Can I use iCloud backup instead of iTunes? because I use iCloud to back up my iPad 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg DeBrita View Post
    Had the same issue this morning and got a reply back on twitter how to fix this. Instead of wiping the phone via: Settings > General > Wipe all. Restore your phone then run the Absenthe tool. Everything should work 100% after that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borsato92 View Post
    Can I use iCloud backup instead of iTunes? because I use iCloud to back up my iPad 3.
    +1 I'd like to know this too. Thanks for any advice.

Page 1 of 17 123 11 ... LastLast