+ Reply
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chronic Dev Team Releases Absinthe 2.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
in process of jailbreaking my 4 rite now, i hope I get errors! I love to fix things that are broken, it will help me help you guys!
    EVO
    Thanks

in process of jailbreaking my 4 rite now, i hope I get errors! I love to fix things that are broken, it will help me help you guys!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can tell who are the noobs of jailbreaking and who aren't. Installing a fresh OS and then jailbreaking is on the only way to go. It seems a lot of you totally forget this. I will attempt this on memorial day when everyone is done slamming the servers and eating BBQ. Plus I'm sure their will be multiple fixes to the tool in the meantime

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    You can tell who are the noobs of jailbreaking and who aren't. Installing a fresh OS and then jailbreaking is on the only way to go. It seems a lot of you totally forget this. I will attempt this on memorial day when everyone is done slamming the servers and eating BBQ. Plus I'm sure their will be multiple fixes to the tool in the meantime
    We were all noobs at one point don't forgit that.

Thanks

Except me
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

alright, i got a message saying absinthe quit, so im gonna use redsn0w

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks
    Gets halfway through, then quits responding. Good job Chronic. You've outdone yourselves.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Didn't know erasing all content and settings made the jailbreak faster. Good info, thanks phillip
    Erasing a 32GB phone takes longer than just doing the update & JB.
    At least mine is...

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    Never once have I restored before jailbreaking. And ive been doing it for years

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i like my iphone, but it's time for a change. i've paid more than enough for iphones over the years, but there are a number of comparable phones on the market where i don't need to go through so much nonsense to personalize my phone. a few of those phones have better features too.

the october iphone had better be everything and more to entice me to stay true. i'm only venting here, folks. we salivate while waiting for the next untethered jb. it's disgusting. can we not be more stupid? no company is worth such blind loyalty.

undoubtedly, apple is a great company, but it still refuses to learn what nearly bankrupted it few years back. the company that lets me do what i want, when i want and how i want is the phone company for me.

now, if you'll excuse me. i must return finishing my 5.1.1 jb. it's got some bug in it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    I'm having a fail-a-thon over here with my iPad 3. getting the hmmm ... something went wrong - recovery complete fail over and over again. I've tried about 20 times now.
    Same thing over here with my iPhone 4S GSM... :/

my iPhone 4S hasn't been cooperating with it :/
    Last edited by Nissan GT-R R35; 05-25-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks

Default ...
    hmm.. Definitely not new to JB and I am having major issues. Not only on the 4S but also on the ipad3. Tried both versions of Absinth.

Earsing all the content of the 4S took forever, after 8 hours of waiting I just force rebooted the thing and it had all my info still on it. Restored it to new firmware of 5.1.1 and attempted the JB and got stock on rebooting. Waited an hour and now Restored again through apple this time and went through the entire process of restoring the apps as well. Will attempt this again with 2.0.1 now on the 4s.

Ipad3 same situation. Still sitting on rebooting - no go on that end. Not sure why. Ill keep playing with it and see if I can find a work around.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Did I miss something big or is there also a 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak for A4 devices like the iPT 4?

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Except me
    Don't forget me

Thanks
    Could someone check if their iPod still works once jailbreaking a 4S?

Also, if I just recently (2 days ago) restored/updated to 5.1.1 and now have all my apps, photos, music etc on the phone.. what is the best method for me to take when jailbreaking?

Thanks

Took me 20 minutes this morning. Worked like magic. Although some app icons were missing but after I opened cydia everything I'd back to normal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had problems when I tried the jailbreak this morning where it would get stuck in last phase of jailbreak.so i just restored everything from iTunes and used my phone regularly for a while.came back later there is a newer version of absinthe on greenpois0n.com v2.1.trashed old version and downloaded new version.jailbreak went through with no problem.now i have cydia and i am restoring everything from iTunes now.oh yeah i did the erase everything on my iPhone both times i did it.tried to jailbreak without erasing and like it said it was taking long so i just went ahead and erased everything.now i am good.if anybody had problems just get newer version of absinthe and try it again.it worked for me good luck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No problems here. I couldn't restore from my backup but that had nothing to do with Absinthe. But I updated, restored, jailbroke and I'm now putting my music back on. And my iPod app is working. I now have a JB 4S on 5.1.1. I used 2.0.1 by the way.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so does this not work for the iphone 4 or 4s????

does this work for the iphone 4 and 4s .. i do not understand all those numbers iPad 1,1 2,1 2,2 2,3 3,1 3,2 3,3, the iPhone 2,1 3,1 3,3 4,1 and iPod 3,1 4,1.

wehat do the numbers mean???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csavoia View Post
    so does this not work for the iphone 4 or 4s????

does this work for the iphone 4 and 4s .. i do not understand all those numbers iPad 1,1 2,1 2,2 2,3 3,1 3,2 3,3, the iPhone 2,1 3,1 3,3 4,1 and iPod 3,1 4,1.

wehat do the numbers mean???
    csavoia, how lazy are you? GO VISIT greenpois0n.com AND LOOK! IT'S RIGHT THERE!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So from what I just read this will not jail break the iPad 2 5.1.1 ???
    Please elaborate?

Thank You very much in advance
    Dev