+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook Releases New Camera App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Facebook Releases New Camera App

Just when you thought Facebook would only make a Facebook application, they start out making mini-apps to support their Facebook application. Today, the company unrolls a camera application to not only compete with Apple’s Camera application, but also to add direct Facebook integration to your camera. The application is actually very nice and includes Instagram-like functionality in combination with some shiny interfaces and beautiful animations.

If you have Facebook installed on your iOS device already, the camera application will detect it and allow you to sign in automatically without having to type in your information. Facebook’s camera application includes a filtered version of your Facebook timeline. The filtered timeline shows only photographs instead of everything including status updates like the normal Facebook application would show. This filtered timeline adds more emphasis to the photography functionality of the application.

The Facebook camera application can gain access to your Camera Roll with your permission, however it will require location services to be enabled to do so. This is because the Camera Roll stores geo-tagging information into the photos you take. The interface for the Camera Roll in the Facebook camera application is eye-candy and seems to have good fluidity and graphics.

After you take a photograph with the Facebook camera application (it features a built-in camera interface), you can post photographs right to Facebook without the need to follow prompts in the Facebook application. The new Facebook camera application really simplifies the process of getting photographs to your Facebook account because it requires less work by the end user.

The application even includes photograph filters so the user can edit the photographs after taking them. All photographs taken are stored in the Camera roll even if they are posted to your Facebook account. Unfortunately, people that don’t use Facebook cannot use this application just for the fun it contains. Using the application requires an active Facebook account as soon as you launch the application for the first time.

The Facebook camera application is free and can be downloaded from this link. Be sure to try it out!

Sources: App Store

Thanks

It'd be a nice app if the filters were as good as Instagrams atleast, filters on here are very light, plain, simple, and boring.

Thanks

Instead of making new apps, they should start making improvements to their Facebook app. It has a lot of bugs.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

4. The Following User Says Thank You to celeron For This Useful Post:

itsTrentB (05-24-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Instead of making new apps, they should start making improvements to their Facebook app. It has a lot of bugs.
    Agreed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Agree also. They recently changed it again and it is worse. Their app is just a web feed bascially. Not a true app.

Their PS Vita app works very well though.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

... I live the thought process at Facebook "let's buy instagram and make a crappier competitor for it!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    ... I live the thought process at Facebook "let's buy instagram and make a crappier competitor for it!"
    I think it's so much nicer than Instagram.

Thanks

Calling the current iOS FB application an "app" is an insult to a lot of hardworking developers who actually made a native Cocoa app. UIWebView does not equal a real app.

Elitist rant aside, this actually looks like a fairly decent app for taking pictures and uploading them in batches... I wonder how long before this app officially supersedes Instagram.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Calling the current iOS FB application an "app" is an insult to a lot of hardworking developers who actually made a native Cocoa app. UIWebView does not equal a real app.

Elitist rant aside, this actually looks like a fairly decent app for taking pictures and uploading them in batches... I wonder how long before this app officially supersedes Instagram.
    That is what I said too but less technical lol.

Thanks

I heard that its solely based on the instagram and facebook is expecting quite a lot from it, lets see how far would it go!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

90% of the time I'm staring at a spinning wheel waiting for it to load for god knows how long until I get tired of it and go to twitter. Seems like every time they update the app it just gets slower and slower.

Thanks

Hm android had this app for a bit now i wonder why it took this long for ios. If it uploads to fb quicker than the app itself then im up for this app. I also agree tht they should fix the buggy fb app

iPhone? More like MyPhone LTechTalk's Avatar
    Thanks

They should not release any more stuff but work on their website as it has a lot of errors and bugs !