Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Absinthe 2.0 - iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Confirmed to Release May 25th

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheFilmBuff View Post
    how do you make spite or spire work with 5.1.1 absinthe jailbreak on iphone4
    They ate not compatible and I can pretty much guarantee grant will not update spire. That's why I'm keeping my i4 on 5.0.1. 5.1.1 offers nothing to the i4 anyways.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Same with ya ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by bigstudio View Post
    Weird, turns out Absinthe 2.0 does NOT support Apple TVs even though the original announcement said it would support ATV1 and 2.
    Best as I can figure, the Absinthe GUI won't do it, but the details of the ATV jailbreak do exist. And, the firecore folks already have incorporated it into Seas0nPass. Thanks to both fine groups!

Sorry folks just to clarify.
    I am currently on thethered 5.1 with IPAD basband on my 3GS. so in order to enjoy this all I have to do Is upgarde to 5.11 jailbreak it ? what about unlocking? I did struggle a lot to get him working on different network.. is the 5.11 not going to mess with my phone being unlocked?

version 2.1 fixed my problems i had earlier and jailbreak worked fine

i updated i4 to 5.1.1 and then tried it. says my device is not supported.

anybody else have this problem? i tried it already on another one and it worked, but this one will not ....?

okay ... all apps are working except one. not bad. now, let's see about this battery management thing. besides curiosity, that was my reason to move up from 5.0.1.

i'm sure apples's servers took a hit last night. i know cydia's did. anyway, the "slide to unlock" text is missing from the lockscreen. ... or is it supposed to be that way?

Thanks

sooo...i jailbroke my iPhone 4s after clean update and all...but cydia wont launch...doesnt even open and crash...jus flashes and stays at home screen...any suggestions on a fix? if i try rejailbreaking, absinthe tells me it wont because its already jailbroken...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    sooo...i jailbroke my iPhone 4s after clean update and all...but cydia wont launch...doesnt even open and crash...jus flashes and stays at home screen...any suggestions on a fix? if i try rejailbreaking, absinthe tells me it wont because its already jailbroken...

You'll have to restore and try again, that's what a lot of people have done
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

11. The Following User Says Thank You to celeron For This Useful Post:

Magnum (05-25-2012)

if anybody is receiving device not supported, apple released a new version of 5.1.1 (9B208)

Absynthe is supporting (9B206). and thats why you are getting device not supported.

download 9B206 use itunes and shift restore and re install 9B206 and it should work fine.

I am getting error "cannot connect to lockdown" while sending data to phone?

I am getting error "cannot connect to lockdown" while sending data to phone?
    Last edited by deratoul; 05-26-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Try using another USB port an right click to run as administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous972 View Post
    Try using another USB port an right click to run as administrator
    Tried this...
    it is workiw and what I did is to EREASE everything from my phone and then it worked (I also download another copy of Absinthe 2.01)
    but now I am fighting to unlock him

it'll be a week or so before the jb functions more smoothly. in addition to the bugs in the absinthe software, cydia servers are taking big hits right now. demands are higher than normal, slowing things down. just have fun with trying to figure stuff out. get mad. get frustrated. kick the dog. it's all part of the jb experience, and you love it! otherwise, you'd go android

well Imessage is working, thats awesome! and all those software which change message windows network logos yeah and 5.11 finally I can switch my phone off sometimes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Greets mate,
    I have just successfully Jail Broke my iPad 2 iOS 5.1.1 Cydia appeared with all of it's goodies and what not, now according to jail breaking I am supposed to get apps for FREE and yet everything I have seen cost's money. I am looking for a printing app to print my emails and what not from my iPad 2 to my Canon Pixma MG8220 printer and it says there is no Air Print printers in the network. Any Ideas???

Thank You
    Dev

just download the canon app from the itunes app store. it's free. i can print to my canon with this app from my iphone. i also paid for truprint, but i can't get it to work. it costs about $10 bucks. go figure ...

Quote Originally Posted by webdevii View Post
    now according to jail breaking I am supposed to get apps for FREE
    There are lots of free apps and tweaks in Cydia and some you have to pay for, just like the official app store.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

webdevii (05-26-2012)

Originally Posted by webdevii
    now according to jail breaking I am supposed to get apps for FREE
    you did not have to have airport to be able to print on IPAD2 (know that from experience) if your printer is a wifi set it up as network printer on open port (it will have that option when you are installing it) then you can use ANY device to print from it

CYDIA isnt build to give you staff for free... there are ways, but I am not supporting them, some people had spend considerable amount of time on apps and they work should be rewarded.

Check printer settings...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast