+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple airs Two New iPhone 4S Commercials

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple airs Two New iPhone 4S Commercials

Apple recently aired two new television commercials promoting the iPhone 4S, this time starring popular actor John Malkovich, who starred in hit movies such as “Of Mice and Men.”

The two commercials follow the trend of previously aired iPhone 4S commercials, all of which show off the highlight of the device: Siri. The first commercial titled “Joke” highlights Siri finding the weather, getting calendar information, searching restaurants nearby, and last but not least, telling a joke (hence the title). The advertisement can be seen below:

The other advertisement that was aired was titled “Life” and followed the same trend. Here, Malkovich discusses life with Siri. Siri shares tips about life with Malkovich and holds what seems like mini conversation. This advertisement was a bit unique in that it was trying to show consumers how advanced Siri is in a different way than just daily uses seen in many other commercials. This advertisement can be seen below:

Upon the release of the iPhone 4S, Apple's focus on promoting Siri has seen to do the Cupertino California company great success. The sales have reflected the success of the current iPhone and Siri has proven to be a big hit among consumers since its debut. It wouldn't be surprising to see additional commercials highlighting the feature, at least until the announcement of the next-generation iPhone.

Source: YouTube

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Without being jailbroken, Siri is VERY limited. Lets be honest here! I don't even use it really. Its fast to just move my thumb haha! Now when driving, I use voice to text. Turn by turn directions for navigation apps is helpful as well. I think its funny how Apple makes these commercials as if Siri is living and breathing..I looked for a heartbeat and found an A5 chip and lithium battery

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Look, here's the deal. To the writers of this board, find someone to make a tweek that allows Siri, to play nicely with Fords "Sync." I would like to be able to use Siri or voice dictation while driving, but the only way to do this is to disconnect the phone from my Ford Sync audio system.

Also, I would like to use the message feature with Ford Sync, but can't because of the Bluetooth protocols used. it would be nice to be able to get in my car, and actually not have to look at my phone. I could do this if I switched to Android because an Android will play nicely with Sync, but I'll pass on that idea.

You find someone to make it work and I'll pay. I'm not talking about a little donation. I will pay. Of coarse there will be a few other stipulations, but again, I will pay!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Without being jailbroken, Siri is VERY limited. Lets be honest here! I don't even use it really. Its fast to just move my thumb haha! Now when driving, I use voice to text. Turn by turn directions for navigation apps is helpful as well. I think its funny how Apple makes these commercials as if Siri is living and breathing..I looked for a heartbeat and found an A5 chip and lithium battery
    Siri, although better on a jailbroken device, is still a novelty product. I have had a J-broken 4s until a couple of days ago, and hopefully again soon, and even with the tweaks, all Siri was good for was setting reminders and events. I tried launching apps with Siri but that was just plain retarded and lazy.
    Last edited by mustard05; 05-24-2012 at 06:23 AM.

Thanks

Didn't someone sue Apple becuase Siri wasnt performing like these commercials. Those one worded responses to Siri will NOT work that way.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Look, here's the deal. To the writers of this board, find someone to make a tweek that allows Siri, to play nicely with Fords "Sync." I would like to be able to use Siri or voice dictation while driving, but the only way to do this is to disconnect the phone from my Ford Sync audio system.

Also, I would like to use the message feature with Ford Sync, but can't because of the Bluetooth protocols used. it would be nice to be able to get in my car, and actually not have to look at my phone. I could do this if I switched to Android because an Android will play nicely with Sync, but I'll pass on that idea.

You find someone to make it work and I'll pay. I'm not talking about a little donation. I will pay. Of coarse there will be a few other stipulations, but again, I will pay!!!!!!!

Siri, although better on a jailbroken device, is still a novelty product. I have had a J-broken 4s until a couple of days ago, and hopefully again soon, and even with the tweaks, all Siri was good for was setting reminders and events. I tried launching apps with Siri but that was just plain retarded and lazy.
    I had the same issues with my Nissan Connect. I wound up swapping the stereo in the car out, not just because it didn't play nice with my iPhone, but because stock car stereos that attempt to do more than just play music, usually suck at the advanced tasks. I bought a kenwood DNX6180, and installed it. Now it works well with GPS, and iPhone. It can even play Pandora from the iphone, and let my car controls manage the Pandora app. I'd recommend replacing the Ford Sync even if the iPhone is your only issue. Others will crop up as stock units are just garbage.

/2˘
    -FBIRyuJin

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JSkywalker217 View Post
    Didn't someone sue Apple becuase Siri wasnt performing like these commercials. Those one worded responses to Siri will NOT work that way.
    I tried all the questions asked of Siri in the commercials and the one word responses and they've all done the same thing that's been shown in the commercial. Sure she has different responses to go through, but eventually she's gotten to the exact one's shown in the ad. So yes, Siri does work that way.

I haven't used Siri that much, I mainly use the voice to text like most others, but when I have used her she's been pretty accurate and helpful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fbiryujin View Post
    I had the same issues with my Nissan Connect. I wound up swapping the stereo in the car out, not just because it didn't play nice with my iPhone, but because stock car stereos that attempt to do more than just play music, usually suck at the advanced tasks. I bought a kenwood DNX6180, and installed it. Now it works well with GPS, and iPhone. It can even play Pandora from the iphone, and let my car controls manage the Pandora app. I'd recommend replacing the Ford Sync even if the iPhone is your only issue. Others will crop up as stock units are just garbage.

/2˘
    Not a chance. I have a new SHO, all wheel drive, twin turbo beast. Im not putting anything aftermarket, other than an intake, exhaust, and aftermarket tune,in my car just so I can use my 200 dollar iPhone. I would rather have a teak for the phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ccoltmanm's Avatar
    Thanks

These two adverts show what Siri is all about. Nothing. It's not much more than a hobby. This is a visual for people showing off Siri to their friends, and then not using it for weeks at a time. You are sitting alone with nothing to do, oh, here is Siri to talk to.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i wonder if there will be a close-out sale. i doubt it though. iphone 4's are still selling for as much as the 4s.

iphone 4 8g - $549
    iphone 4s 32g - $749
    both foxconn unlock

Thanks

It's just a tauras bro!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatesmurf View Post
    It's just a tauras bro!
    Please, thats like calling a GT500, "just a Mustang." Dont hate!!!!! My custom tuned SHO family car will wax you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I use Siri all the time to send texts, set timers, reminders, and alarms. Now I usually have to edit the text some before I send it but you guys saying Siri isn't useful are ridiculous.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brodimus View Post
    I use Siri all the time to send texts, set timers, reminders, and alarms. Now I usually have to edit the text some before I send it but you guys saying Siri isn't useful are ridiculous.
    I use Siri for Location based reminders; i.e., remind me when I get home…….... thats it. Everything else is faster just doing it manually!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you talk extremely slow, then yes, going into the Clock app and manually setting a timer is a lot faster than holding one button and saying "Set a timer for 5 minutes."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I use Siri for reminders all the time. I use it when I am driving, and in my Chevy cobalt it synced beautifully with their hands free system. My husband uses the Chevy and I bought a Mustang...no hands free. I need a new head unit too, to make use of my phone in the car. Speaker phone just isn't practical in a sports car, the engine is too loud. However, I hesitate to switch out the Shaker 1000 head unit wondering if sound quality will be effected. At any rate, I love Siri. She's great. Mine has an australian accent.