Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Report Claims Next iPhone Will Have Larger 16:9 Screen

That would be a very strange resolution. Video would display better, but that's about it. Besides, who plays lots of movies on their tiny phone anyway? Get an iPad.

Maybe this is an iPod Touch screen?

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 749 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    That would be a very strange resolution. Video would display better, but that's about it. Besides, who plays lots of movies on their tiny phone anyway? Get an iPad.

Maybe this is an iPod Touch screen?
    I watch movies on my iPhone while at dr offices or killing time somewhere. Sorry but I don't have an extra 400-800 to drop on a iPad plus for my needs I don't need one. My iPhone does everything I need!

Lets Do This....

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post
    Lets Do This....

is that the prototype lol
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

I agree! Keep the dimension the same as it is now but, increase the display area. There's a lot of space wasted on the top and bottom currently which definitely could be used for a 16:9 aspect ratio and remove the hardware home button (I hardly use it - if you tweak it cleverly with Activator JB option) and have a dynamic soft Home button instead. Listen up Apple! 😜

If you want a larger screen an soft buttons, you have that option. Just go Android.

Apple did a lot of research to come up with the screen size and a single home button. Hopefully they will notlisten to people that want to change it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

So, it'll look like an Android?

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

This doesn't prove anything since he said "one resolution." This means he's only referring to there being one iPhone model per generation, not that they never change resolution or screen size.

I don't think they will change the screen size (I certainly hope not) but this does seem to suggest that they won't change the aspect ratio.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123