+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sony Announces Music Unlimited Streaming App Coming to iOS By Week's End

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Sony Announces Music Unlimited Streaming App Coming to iOS By Week's End

Sony’s first music app for iOS takes aim at Spotify offering users a streaming music catalog of 15 million songs.

Sony's app “Unlimited Music” will launch on iOS by the end of the week after debuting on Sony devices more than a year ago. The Music Unlimited app will be iPhone and iPad compatible at launch. Sony's largest competitor Spotify just released their official iPad app last month.

Sony claims that the company currently has 1 million active Music Unlimited customers across their line of Sony products which include Sony Bravia TVs, the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and Android tablets, and smartphones. However, Spotify has an estimated 20 million monthly users across all its platforms (only 3.4 million are paying customers though), and both companies claim to have streamable libraries of more than 15 million songs. Rhapsody has had an iPhone app longer than both and claims to have a larger library and finally topped the 1 million subscriber mark.

All of the streaming music juggernauts offer similar subscriptions plans with premium plans starting at $9.99/month. However, Spotify still appears to have the best playlist and sharing features out of the streaming services.

Source: CNET

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Spotify FTW. Although, you never know what Sony service will offer.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

...iTunes grooveshark pandora spotify... How does Sony think this will offer better service then these

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not for me. I tried grooveshark and had spotify but then realized that I like having my own music that is mine and I can have anywhere.

Thanks

Been waiting for this app to hit the market can't wait I hope it's just as good as it is on my ps3

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

NO replacing my pandora!

Thanks

Pandora is good also but I like actually being able to pick a whole album or setting up a playlist of songs

iPhone? More like MyPhone Golfinglenn's Avatar
    Thanks

Try Slacker, beats Pandora hands down.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Had Rhapsody for years and last year was introduced to Mog. Rhapsody has great features on its mobile app (ability to create or edit playlist on the go) but in the end, Mog just sounded better on my car stereo. Mog has much room for improvement. Not real sure what Sony can bring at this point.