Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] NoPowerDown - Disable iOS' Power Down Interface

Default [Review] NoPowerDown - Disable iOS' Power Down Interface

If you are tired of people turning off your iOS device on you, then a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed NoPowerDown by iOS developer CoolStar will disable the ‘slide to power off’ feature of iOS so that your device cannot be powered down via the stock iOS interface. Unforunately, power down add-ons such as Siri extensions and SBSettings options will still allow the device to power down.

Since all the tweak does is hide the ‘slide to power off’ slider from the user (shown above), the user can still toggle the power down interface by holding down the sleep button on the top of the device, however instead of a ‘slide to power off’ slider, the user will only be accompanied by a Cancel button.

The tweak was ultimately made to help resist turning your device off if you have a tethered jailbreak, where the iOS 5.1 and iOS 5.1.1 jailbreaks for the A4 devices are currently tethered. Since the power down interface is disabled with this tweak, people that use your device and don’t understand the facts about a tethered jailbreak won’t force you into a state where you can’t use your jailbreak until you boot tethered by powering it off.

Since NoPowerDown only focuses on the stock power down interface, a good improvement for the tweak in the future would be the ability to keep the device from powering off entirely unless the battery drains. This would fail-proof the tethered jailbreak from ever being tampered with by anyone using the device. The tweak is free, so if the stock iOS power down interface is the only way you have on your device to power off, then this tweak could be worth your time if you are running a tethered jailbreak.

Name: NoPowerDown
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: CoolStar
    Editor's Rating: / 2.5/5

Sources: Cydia

Some one should just add all these little tweaks into one application. Hopefully the Springtomize developer do this.

Thanks

It's always good to have alternative, plus this is free, Springtomize isn't
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

You can disable it through activator and instead of showing te dark screen it will just not work..

Perfect for all of those times when someone randomly grabs my phone and shuts it off. I hate when that happens.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

You can still hard reboot it...
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post
    You can still hard reboot it...
    You can still remove the tweak, hold the power button and turn it off...
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tashawn View Post
    Some one should just add all these little tweaks into one application. Hopefully the Springtomize developer do this.
    I'm actually working on a tweak that adds on to this concept. Stay tuned.

What I want is one that FAKES as if it shut down so that thieves are none-the-wiser while I get on my computer and find my iPhone.

It would need to silence all sounds/notifications, disable vibrations, and keep the screen blank until they attempted to boot it again. If it faked the boot process it could even cause havoc with them attempting to restore in iTunes.
    Last edited by CZroe; 05-21-2012 at 06:27 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

This has already been addressed by ILocalis.
    In Settings, you can check a box so that the iphone will not power down.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    What I want is one that FAKES as if it shut down so that thieves are none-the-wiser while I get on my computer and find my iPhone.

It would need to silence all sounds/notifications, disable vibrations, and keep the screen blank until they attempted to boot it again. If it faked the boot process it could even cause havoc with them attempting to restore in iTunes.
    This would be really, really cool.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Since NoPowerDown only focuses on the stock power down interface, a good improvement for the tweak in the future would be the ability to keep the device from powering off entirely unless the battery drains.
    Unfortunately, this is not possible since most of the other methods of powering down your device probably use system() calls, meaning they cannot be hooked. And disabling the hard reboot is out of the question for security reasons.

My first thought wasn't about untethered jailbreaks, but about theives turning off the phone as soon as its stolen.