+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone Charger More Sophisticated Than You Might Expect

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer And this is exactly why people are complaining about the image. The article is NOT ABOUT THE CABLE. You've just validated every complaint about the image.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    And this is exactly why people are complaining about the image. The article is NOT ABOUT THE CABLE. You've just validated every complaint about the image.

No it's not, the pc/mac becomes the charger. The cable is just the delivery medium.
    Thank you for clearing that up for me!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sobeniceguy2 View Post
    I agree the AC adapter is very high quality. However, for many users the cable tends to break where the cable connects to the 30pin at the joint. Now in the above picture depicts an aftermarket cable with a reinforced point that connects it to the 30pin end which is a considerable improvement.
    First, I can't really believe that the conversation has devolved into this...

Second, I've had and sold an iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 and now a 4S (my wife has a 4: she usually gets the hand-me-downs) and I've also got 3 iPads. The cables for the iPads are still in the boxes. We've been using the cables from the 3G and 3GS. Never worn out or needed replacing. I got some other cables that I used when traveling or in the car. One of those non-Apple cables had the connector housing fall apart. I don't know what the complaints about cables are since my first two have lasted years. Let me check... Yep still ok.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Didn't know the cable has prongs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is this cable a part of charger ?
    No Sig Spam

iPhone? More like MyPhone stereosympathy's Avatar
    Thanks

I still have the cable that came with my original 4 gig iPhone. Works just fine. I also have the FireWire cable that it came with which was awesome until they stopped supporting it. When is the thunderbolt cable coming along?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmski View Post
    IPhone cables are garbage, they are flimsy and the connection point between the cable and the plug end to the iPhone is weak.. Me and my mrs have got through 4 or 5 since we both got iPhone 4 18 months ago.. And 20 for official iPhone cables is a joke.. Can't wait till the change it! It's the crappest thing about iPhone closely followed by the standard headphones.. Another bag of pants..
    USER ERROR. stop yanking it from the cable, and pull it from the point thats attached to your phone. there you go! only took you 5 cables to learn how to properly remove an iPhone charging cable and not screw it up.

i've had the same cable for over a year on an ipod touch 4th gen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chad711 View Post
    There's 7 comments, now 8, that are completely not constructive. Love the internet.
    The Usenet 20 years ago was constructive. Internet forums now are junk.

Thanks

Glad the plug got smaller since the original apple wall chargers... It is the least bulky of all the different phone chargers out there... As for the cable I too get many years out of them as long as they are the stock apple ones... I still use one daily that is pre-iPhone from an 80 Gig iPod... I'm sure someone here can find a way to bash every positive comment and mine... Someone will call someone a fanboy for actually liking their iDevice... It's nice to see the users who aren't always ********, nitpicking, tearing the article, the picture and the comments... I like this place even though they're is so much negativity from people who seem like iDevice haters who are bored with their video games for 5 minutes and decide to stir up **** on here... Be grateful for all this technology in all it's flaws while we still have it... Thanks MMi writers for finding time out of your daily lives to post new topics and deal with the people who dis every lil aspect of your posts... Maybe MMi should start checking ID... Not saying a particular age cause that's not really relevant but maturity level... Seems like a bunch of kids living at home with parents who are still married and have a nice house with a white picket fence in suburbia and get every video game and system handed to them as well as all the junk food they can eat and don't have to pay for ****: are the ones on here being annoying, hypercritical, whiners... THE END

Thanks

i hated the original iPhone plug lol and well the cable sucks , the ends always peel off ugh lol

Thanks

Thanks for all the advise on how to handle the (as some people do agree, some dont) crap cable that apple supply

I bought a monster cable, much better, much stronger, same price as one direct from apple.. And I'm sure that all those that agree with the fact that iPhone supply a cheap flimsy cable,, I'm sure would also agree that for a 500 product. The supplied cable could of been a better build quality.. Same with the crappy cheap headphones, great product.. **** accessories

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Source: Engadget
    Yet the link and article stem from Gizmodo.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123