Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
05-21-2012, 10:09 AM #1
Pod2g and MuscleNerd Publish Jailbreak 5.1.1 FAQ, Users Can Safely Upgrade to 5.1.1
"You can safely upgrade to 5.1.1 now if you want to be ready" Pod2g tweeted after reposting a Jailbreak 5.1.1 FAQ MuscleNerd published earlier today.
As usual unlockers who want to preserve their baseband should hold off on the upgrade to 5.1.1. Below is the FAQ in its entirety.
- All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
- @pod2g's 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
— the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
— @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
- The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
- Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI "cinject" binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
— timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
- For those wishing to donate, we've set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL: paypal
- Please don't pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).
Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 05-21-2012 at 10:37 AM.
05-21-2012, 10:21 AM #2
That's Good News To Hear Bout Keep Up The Great Work & Take As Long As You Have To So That We Can Have A Good JailBreak. Thank You Guys Yous The Greatest !!!
05-21-2012, 10:22 AM #3
Awesome can't wait
05-21-2012, 10:33 AM #4
I heard maybe Friday
05-21-2012, 10:45 AM #5
Does anybody know if spire will work with this jailbreak and firmware?
05-21-2012, 10:47 AM #6
It won't...the only that works is spite but it sucks
05-21-2012, 10:47 AM #7
Not sure about that. I got rid of it kills my ram to bad.
05-21-2012, 05:36 PM #8
05-21-2012, 10:48 AM #9
Sounds good to me..many thanks to all involved in the exploit!
05-21-2012, 10:49 AM #10
Sunday - FUNDAY?
05-21-2012, 10:49 AM #11
05-21-2012, 10:52 AM #12
05-21-2012, 10:53 AM #13
05-21-2012, 10:55 AM #14
Updated four guys at work to 5.1.1
05-21-2012, 10:56 AM #15
05-21-2012, 11:56 AM #16
05-21-2012, 11:02 AM #17
Watch Apple release 5.1.2 now just so they can stop signing 5.1.1 =)
05-22-2012, 01:50 PM #18
05-22-2012, 03:43 PM #19
This is probably why they are telling people to upgrade now rather then wait for them to get the JB out. Apple is probably actively working to patch it. Due to the busy schedules of the JB teams with the upcoming summits this is probably why they are saying to get on board 5.1.1 before apple stops signing it.
Given that there's a way to downgrade back to 5.0.1 for those who previously JB I don't see any reason to not just upgrade now to 5.1.1 before the signing window closes. If for some reason you can't JB when the time comes or if the JB never ends up going public you can always run back to 5.0.1
In all honesty i'm quite conflicted about the release of a 5.1.1 JB. A part of me was quite content giving up my JB because 5.1.1 ran much smoother for me. I'm happy to see they are catering to this new FW for me but sad if it means burning a potential hole for when the new phone drops.
I think apple has gotten me dumbed down over the years cause I was getting along just fine without my JB for a weeks time. Maybe i'll fire up some androids just to get my head back in the game.
05-21-2012, 11:08 AM #20
"ll devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1" - even iPad 3?