Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g and MuscleNerd Publish Jailbreak 5.1.1 FAQ, Users Can Safely Upgrade to 5.1.1

Awesome can't wait

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Cydia is the app store that is installed when you JB. You can not have cydia installed unless you are already JailBroken.
    what lukeduke is talking about is the corona package that was downloadable through cydia for ppl on tethered jailbreaks

Corona was just an untether for existing Jailbreaks, it is not a jailbreak itself. Absinthe 2 will be a new jailbreak available as a stand alone JB or, I believe, it will be incorporated in the next RedSn0w.

Interestingly HITB have updated from 'Jailbreak will be released this week to:
    We told you over the weekend that the untethered jailbreak for iOS devices running iOS 5.1.1 is dropping this week. The hacker who’s been spearheading the upcoming jailbreak, pod2g of the Chronic Dev Team, confirmed that the jailbreak was nearly done and arriving in a “matter of days.”

Coincidentally, the Chronic Dev Team will be presenting at the annual Hack in the Box (HITB) conference this week in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Since the 5.1.1. jailbreak is expected to drop this week, we’re placing bets on a release this Friday during the team’s keynote.
    Last edited by confucious; 05-24-2012 at 04:35 AM. Reason: additional info.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Lol oh boy what have I started lol. I have never jb anything. This was my first time. My buddy said to search "download Cydia install" under Google which I did. I don't remember the name of who I jb through I just remember Cydia launching after I unlocked and jb. So this Friday (tomorrow), how will I know which name to dl from to update my iPhone 4 from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 untethered and still keep everything on my iPhone 4?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDuke View Post
    Lol oh boy what have I started lol. I have never jb anything. This was my first time. My buddy said to search "download Cydia install" under Google which I did. I don't remember the name of who I jb through I just remember Cydia launching after I unlocked and jb. So this Friday (tomorrow), how will I know which name to dl from to update my iPhone 4 from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 untethered and still keep everything on my iPhone 4?

Make a backup in iTunes. Then restore to 5.1.1. Jailbreak with absinthe 2.0
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

And use pkgbackup for cydia apps....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

So I synch with iTunes, right-click my idevice's name, & select backup. Then I select 'restore' on the iTunes screen. Now....I do have apt backup. Should I use that FIRST and then do the previous-mentioned stuff OR.....should I dl the stuff ya'll mentioned first and THEN do the "backup" under my name and then select "restore" on the iTunes page? Sorry to be such a bother. You never would've guessed I'm a "virgin" to this sort of stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Backup, restore, update, aptbackup

Any news on whether this will patch up iBooks or not? 'Cause I was crushed when I got my iPad (first gen) on 5.1 and found out that iBooks didn't work.

Thre are work arrounds but Absinthe 2 doesn't have a problem with iBooks.

After I do all that, then do I go to Cydia.com and update?

Oh and will I have to re-purchase Cydia again to update the untethered jb via Absinthe 2.0?
    Last edited by LukeDuke; 05-24-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks

Oh and will I have to re-purchase Cydia again to update the untethered jb via Absinthe 2.0?
    When you restore jailbreak with absinthe 2.0. Then use pkgbackup to get those tweaks back.

Cydia.com? purchase cydia? Are you on drugs?

Lmao well being as I had to purchase the jb in order to get Cydia ummmmm no I'm not on drugs.

Thanks

Lmao well being as I had to purchase the jb in order to get Cydia ummmmm no I'm not on drugs.
    You had to purchase the jailbreak?

After I use apt backup, I get absinthe 2.0 then I use pkgbackup correct?

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    You had to purchase the jailbreak?
    he purchased it from me!

Thanks

After I use apt backup, I get absinthe 2.0 then I use pkgbackup correct?
    Only use one of them. They're both basically the same thing.

How do ya know I purchased it from ya?

Thank you celeron for the help and clarification. I apologize for being such a bother.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast