+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g and MuscleNerd Publish Jailbreak 5.1.1 FAQ, Users Can Safely Upgrade to 5.1.1

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I for one can't wait. I was lucky enough to have my blobs for 5.0.1, but the battery drain with the 4s is so unbearable I have gone back to
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

I for one can't wait. I was lucky enough to have my blobs for 5.0.1, but the battery drain with the 4s is so unbearable I have gone back to my iP4. with my 4s on 5.0.1, my battery would only last about 12 hours. It seems t be a lot better on 5.1.1, but I need to be jailbroken!

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJedi View Post
    They keep telling unlockers to hold off on upgrading, which is the smart thing to do. However, is there any hint as to WHEN or, even if, the unlock is even in the works? I've had my 4S on its stock iOS 5.0 because I would like to unlock it someday, while staying in my AT&T contract. (To give me the option to use a foreign SIM when I travel.) However, jailbreaks for 5.x have come and gone, and still no information on the unlock. So I can't even jailbreak it because they keep saying to stay on your current firmware to preserve the baseband.
    What about Sam unlock?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    What about Sam unlock?
    SAM doesn't work anymore
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alanjf View Post
    It really should be stressed that if you're on 5.0.1/5.0.1b and jail broken (untethered), there really is nothing to be gained by jumping to 5.1.1.
    Battery issues? And on AT&T's network I think.. We get random calls where no voice is active and you cant hear what the person is saying on the other side.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    SAM doesn't work anymore
    Oh okay, I have 4S but never needed to unlock, thanks for the clarification!

Thanks

Not a prob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Safest way would be to do it in iTunes. Always a chance an OTA update will leave you in boot loop, especially if jailbroken.
    Thank you! Just wanted to make sure that was the best way to do it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spooneditr View Post
    Battery issues? And on AT&T's network I think.. We get random calls where no voice is active and you cant hear what the person is saying on the other side.
    Please, I get about 12 hours out of a full battery my 4S on 5.0.1. That's total usage with standby included. 12 hours is horrible.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

OK I'm gonna ask an obvious question but just so ya know.....blame it on my ADD baby

When this 5.1.1 JB+untethered occurs, will this work for us Verizon users using 5.0.1? I JB with Cydia. Will Cydia be available again to use for another JB + untethered session, or will I have to use some other means of JB? I read the article but I'm still a lil hesitant here. Any further clarification will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDuke View Post
    OK I'm gonna ask an obvious question but just so ya know.....blame it on my ADD baby

When this 5.1.1 JB+untethered occurs, will this work for us Verizon users using 5.0.1? I JB with Cydia. Will Cydia be available again to use for another JB + untethered session, or will I have to use some other means of JB? I read the article but I'm still a lil hesitant here. Any further clarification will be greatly appreciated.
    Yes, everything will be the same. It works for any 4S.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    one thing: music app goes 200 times faster, especially at the lock screen. it'll be worth it.
    I have a 4S on 5.0.1b JB and I haven't noticed that the music app is in any way slow, as you seem to imply*. Maybe you're using a previous gen device, I don't know, but I honestly don't see any gain to upgrading a well working untethered 5.0.1 device to 5.1.1, just to have to setup everything again just the way I like it and wait once again for non-working programs and tweaks to be updated, when everything is presently running perfectly on my setup. If you or someone can truly give me a solid reason to go through the trouble of re-doing everything, I like to be open minded, but I'm not going to blindly upgrade "just to be on the newest version", as someone else had posted.

*If you or someone could shed some light on this music app speed issue, I'd appreciate it. A quick google search, however, proved rather fruitless.

Thanks

1. Play a track in Music
    2. Put device in sleep mode
    3. Unlock the device
    4. Enjoy the small lag

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's silly that many ppl are complaining abt unlock ... When the SAM based unlock by bingner is out and working like a charm without any problems ...

Thanks

SAM unlock was only available for a short while before it was blocked by Apple.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    one thing: music app goes 200 times faster, especially at the lock screen. it'll be worth it. I just hope all the tweaks I've paid for work on 5.1.1! hopefully Celeste does..

I'm pretty sure the dev hasn't found a legal way to do it, so don't expect it.
    I've been using spire since it came out. Being able to use Siri on my ip4 has been pretty cool. However, I as well have seen MAJOR lag on my phone due to loss of RAM, and it's slowed my phone down DRASTICALLY. SO, today after seeing the article about the new 5.1.1 untether being released very soon, I decided to delete spire and see how much faster my phone would be.

Problem is..... After I uninstalled spire, my phone went into a constant reboot. Even after I plugged my phone into iTunes in recovery mode, it still went through the reboot loop. Thank God for Pod2g, musclenerd, and all the devs involved in the new jailbreak. I think I can wait a few days to be on the latest firmware, and have my untether back again.

Siri was fun for a while..... But, definitely not worth my phone lagging all the time!!!!!

Thanks again devs!!! I will donate....... NOW!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

I like pod2G's latest post pod2g's iOS blog: Why jailbreak ?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Is anyone going to try @shuva10v's untethered 5.11 which, apparently is being released today?

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Is anyone going to try @shuva10v's untethered 5.11 which, apparently is being released today?
    I'll be surprised if its legit. most legit devs will upload videos before the jb is released. I've never even heard of this fellow

Thanks

I'm sure it's not real but if you want to give some Russians your money you should be able to buy it tomorrow - that's a full two days before the proper JB is released so I'm sure some suckers will try it...

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I doubt its gonna work, besides he says hes gonna released it for sale

seems like another jackbutt trying to take advantage of the opportunity to make a quick buck

+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast