Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g and MuscleNerd Publish Jailbreak 5.1.1 FAQ, Users Can Safely Upgrade to 5.1.1

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Aight thanks

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

You're Welcome
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

damn i was really hoping they would come out with the Apple TV3 JB 5.1.1 so I could upgrade my ATV. Well imma have to stick with my Apple TV2 4.4.4 untethered JB til they have a 5.1.1 untethered for ATV2

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    "All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking."

I'm curious what has stumped these folks on the new firmware found with the ATV3? I've heard lots of rumors from the ATV Flash site that Apple has really cranked down on this one so people are not pirating downloaded HD .mp4's from Apple and sharing. In other words, paying for a 2 day rental, open ssh and saving the mp4 permanently.

I would be worried if they implemented this into iOS6... but it seems that Apple leaves these exploits in the iPhone/iPad none the less? I suspect they need the creativity from the Cydia Supported Community? Thoughts?
    I heard with this, is that the vulns they have would theoretically work, but that there's currently no way in for them. if it can ever be jb, I may get myself one.

Hmmm think I might sell my ATV3 soon, I'm getting less optimistic of a jailbreak by the day and this thing is useless without it.

Quote Originally Posted by fungusfeet View Post
    Hmmm think I might sell my ATV3 soon, I'm getting less optimistic of a jailbreak by the day and this thing is useless without it.
    Can anyone lead me in the right direction on how to
    Jailbreak my apple tv 2 and what good is jail breaking it? I have been doin the iPhone, iPods, and iPads since they came out but just got the apple tv 2 last year and haven't done anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I don't believe anyone is currently working on a new unlock (except the gevey sim people).
    I was afraid of that. Guess I'll have to look at other unlock options.

Meh, there's nothing in 5.1.1 worth updating for. I think I'll keep 5.1 for now. I'm looking forward to the jailbreak - I'll donate for sure once it's released

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Meh, there's nothing in 5.1.1 worth updating for. I think I'll keep 5.1 for now. I'm looking forward to the jailbreak - I'll donate for sure once it's released
    Problem is, there won't be untether for 5.1

I'm on 5.1 is there anything I should do before I go to 5.1.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    I'm on 5.1 is there anything I should do before I go to 5.1.1
    Nothing I think

It really should be stressed that if you're on 5.0.1/5.0.1b and jail broken (untethered), there really is nothing to be gained by jumping to 5.1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Not sure about that. I got rid of it kills my ram to bad.
    So Spite doesn't work as well as Spire?

And Spire won't work on 5.1.1?

Is Spire going to be updated to work on 5.1.1?

Thank you

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alanjf View Post
    It really should be stressed that if you're on 5.0.1/5.0.1b and jail broken (untethered), there really is nothing to be gained by jumping to 5.1.1.
    one thing: music app goes 200 times faster, especially at the lock screen. it'll be worth it. I just hope all the tweaks I've paid for work on 5.1.1! hopefully Celeste does..

Quote Originally Posted by e1allen2 View Post
    So Spite doesn't work as well as Spire?

And Spire won't work on 5.1.1?

Is Spire going to be updated to work on 5.1.1?

Thank you
    I'm pretty sure the dev hasn't found a legal way to do it, so don't expect it.

Thanks

Default Spite
    [QUOTE=celeron;6535856]Have a look at this article

Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - If You Rely On Spire, Stay On iOS 5.0.1[/Q

Thats and Old article and Spite not Spire works on 5.1 and 5.0.1 for your Info.

Thanks

Dude, read the posts. The guy asked why spire wouldn't get an update to work with 5.1/5.1.1, I pointed him to that article because it explains the situation perfectly.

I know spite works with 5.1.x but he was talking about spire.
    Last edited by celeron; 05-21-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    "All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking."

I'm curious what has stumped these folks on the new firmware found with the ATV3?

From what I saw from one of the devs ( forget who or when, sorry ) .. they said it had to do with the fact that the ATV firmware is stripped down from the regular iOS .. which means there's not as many things to target exploits at.. it's a leaner iOS with only what it needs..

Quote Originally Posted by smoothcreak View Post
    Can anyone lead me in the right direction on how to
    Jailbreak my apple tv 2 and what good is jail breaking it? I have been doin the iPhone, iPods, and iPads since they came out but just got the apple tv 2 last year and haven't done anything with it.
    google "apple tv hack"

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Can you ugrade over the air through the iphone if your JB with 5.0.1. I know i will loose my JB but will my phone freeze or will the i get the spinning circle of death......
    Yes I want to know this too. I have iPhone 4s on 5.0.1 jailbroken and want to know the best and safest way to update to 5.1.1. Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,288 Times in 7,012 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titan3636 View Post
    Yes I want to know this too. I have iPhone 4s on 5.0.1 jailbroken and want to know the best and safest way to update to 5.1.1. Thank you.
    Safest way would be to do it in iTunes. Always a chance an OTA update will leave you in boot loop, especially if jailbroken.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast