Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g and MuscleNerd Publish Jailbreak 5.1.1 FAQ, Users Can Safely Upgrade to 5.1.1

What about Verizon carrier settings update on iPhone 4S? I've been holding off on that just in case. Is that safe?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GooseG View Post
    Will this cover 5.1?
    Doubt it
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

5.1.1 (and 5.1) disable the URL scheme as part of Apple's effort to kill off competing apps (including official App-store apps) prior to "inventing" their own SBSettings-like shortcuts in iOS 6.0. That means many useful shortcuts to apps like Skype and maps (e.g., the very useful navigatefrommaps tweak) will no longer work in 5.1 or 5.1.1 :-(

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    "All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking."

I'm curious what has stumped these folks on the new firmware found with the ATV3? I've heard lots of rumors from the ATV Flash site that Apple has really cranked down on this one so people are not pirating downloaded HD .mp4's from Apple and sharing. In other words, paying for a 2 day rental, open ssh and saving the mp4 permanently.

I would be worried if they implemented this into iOS6... but it seems that Apple leaves these exploits in the iPhone/iPad none the less? I suspect they need the creativity from the Cydia Supported Community? Thoughts?
    Well is Apple going to......think for themselves?!? *gasp* hahaha
    Ipod enthusiast/computer programmer.......anyone want a PC music randomizer?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    I'll def update so I can save my shsh/aptickets but I'll come back to 5.0.1 for spire. I hope grant updates Spire. I'm not sure why he wouldn't.
    Have a look at this article

http://modmyi.com/content/7300-if-yo...ios-5-0-1.html

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    I'll def update so I can save my shsh/aptickets but I'll come back to 5.0.1 for spire. I hope grant updates Spire. I'm not sure why he wouldn't.
    No need to update to save your SHSH or APTicket. Tiny umbrella can save them for you now.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

"All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking."

I'm curious what has stumped these folks on the new firmware found with the ATV3? I've heard lots of rumors from the ATV Flash site that Apple has really cranked down on this one so people are not pirating downloaded HD .mp4's from Apple and sharing. In other words, paying for a 2 day rental, open ssh and saving the mp4 permanently.

I would be worried if they implemented this into iOS6... but it seems that Apple leaves these exploits in the iPhone/iPad none the less? I suspect they need the creativity from the Cydia Supported Community? Thoughts?
    If i remember correctly, the big issue with it is that there is just such a tremendously lower amount of actual code in the ATV3 which naturally lowers the number of vulnerabilities in it. It's not so much that Apple beefed up it's security rather than the areas these vulnerabilities (one or all) are found are in parts of the code that are not necessary on the ATV3. That's my understanding of it though and I'm no expert.

Seriously if they make it unjailbreakable, I wouldn't even consider getting the iphone

Here's an idea...how about everybody quit talking about the whole thing and donate some money to these great people. I did this AM...

Anyone know what I have to do with the SAMs pref. I have my phone unlocked and my info save but if I upgrade what do I have to do to get unlocked again

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhicke View Post
    Anyone know what I have to do with the SAMs pref. I have my phone unlocked and my info save but if I upgrade what do I have to do to get unlocked again
    If you are unlocked with SAM you need to backup/save your lockdown folder. To unlock after the update/restore you simply rejailbreak and put that lockdown back onto your phone overwriting the lockdown folder that will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Doubt it
    It will not work on 5.1 per @MuscleNerd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    It will not work on 5.1 per @MuscleNerd
    Thanks for confirming

Just a pity HITB is so expensive.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Just a pity HITB is so expensive.
    seriously!!!

I would love to meet all the great minds, especially pod2g and pretend like I have a slight idea of what they're talkin bout

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Question, cli means that i can jailbreak tethered now and untether using something like corona later without restoring, right?

Can you ugrade over the air through the iphone if your JB with 5.0.1. I know i will loose my JB but will my phone freeze or will the i get the spinning circle of death......

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    "ll devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1" - even iPad 3?
    Yes!

So help me here for a moment....
    Is this the steps needed for preparation?
    1-unjailbreak my current i4 (Verizon) from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 via iTunes
    2-wait for absinthe 2.0
    3-DL absinthe 2.0 and JB success!!

And secondly,
    For my iPad 3, just update to 5.1.1 and then JB via absinthe 2.0 like usual?

Thanks so much for any help. And thank you JB team. Going to donate on this one for sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Question, cli means that i can jailbreak tethered now and untether using something like corona later without restoring, right?
    I beleive so, just like with 5.0.1

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast