Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 5/14 - 5/20

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 5/14 - 5/20

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of May 14th until today, May 20th as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap.

1. Switchy - $1

Switchy is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer John Coates that was based off of The Verge's rethinking of Apple's App Switcher for iOS. Switchy separates the App Switcher into three different sections – settings, music, and multitasking. It adds a shortcut to the Settings application, a kill-all applications button, and a brightness slider to the settings section, it adds much more music information and compresses the two pages of iPod controls into one page in the music section, and the multitasking section is now labeled with paging dots and supports twice as many applications as before so the user doesn’t have to page as much to find the applications they want. John has some inspiring plans to make this tweak exactly like that as shown on The Verge. If you don’t know about the rethought App Switcher, it is essential that you spend a few minutes to take a look at it.

2. Swipe Safari - $3 ($1.50 this week only)

Swipe Safari is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer deVbug that makes iOS' Mobile Safari a much better Web browser. It adds full-screen support and multi-touch gestures to the Web browser so that it can be used in similar ways as the Safari Web browser in Mac OS X Lion. The gestures are used in combinations of tapping, swiping, and using more than one finger, but no more than 3 fingers. The diverse options that you can assign each gesture are capable of making Mobile Safari entirely a gesture-based browser without the need to use the touch screen buttons anymore.

3. VolumeCustomize - FREE

VolumeCustomize is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer CoolStar. VolumeCustomize brings more personalization power to your fingertips by allowing the user to change the background of the volume HUD, whether it be by changing the color, adding a color gradient, or even setting a picture as the volume HUD’s background. The picture method is still under development, however it is functional. These color options are great for themers that are trying to keep a monotonous or consistent look throughout iOS.

4. SpotSiri - FREE

SpotSiri is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Rudolf Lichtner. SpotSiri gives the use the ability to use Siri without using their voice by letting them type their query into the SpotLight search bar and then tapping on the microphone button to launch Siri and process the query entered into the SpotLight search bar. This feature gives SpotLight some actual use, since SpotLight is an underused part of iOS that is quickly losing popularity with every release of iOS. Since Siri is absolutely capable of carrying out every function of SpotLight, this tweak does a good job of including Siri into the SpotLight interface as a type of modernized replacement.

5. SiriGole - FREE

SiriGole is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Adam McNight. SiriGole makes it easier to get to Siri’s settings, exit Siri, and clear Siri’s conversations by using simple swipe and hold gestures. The gestures are performed via the Siri microphone icon. This tweak seems very simple, however it makes it much easier to get around to changing Siri’s language, close out of Siri without using the home button, and even clear Siri’s current conversation so no one else can see what you were saying.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on ModMyi!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 05-20-2012 at 08:16 PM.

VolumeCustomize has the incorrect picture. Also the case with SiriGole.
    Last edited by Opscurus; 05-20-2012 at 07:59 PM.

So does SiriGole

Nothing good for me, awaiting for next week
    pain & time and glory

I use switchy. It's pretty cool :-) my vote is for Switchy. I'll test the tweak for safari

I really don't understand why users do not use the spotlight search. SiriSpot is a good tweak IMOt, but the development for Siri was made for the use of speech. I don't agree that Spotlight search is becoming less popular. Users that do not use it, do not understand the use of it.

Just bought Switchy. It looks rather well thought-out. I like that

i have switchy..i like it..works great.. when i reJaibreak ill be sure to check out swipe safari...and by the way would anyone happen to know the name of or where the wallpaper would be that they show in the volume customize pics..i know its nothing special but i like the way it looks...peace

Switchy FTW