+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sources Claim Apple is Preparing iPhones with Bigger Screens

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I like the idea but that looks stupid compared to the other gen iPhones with either the black or white on both sides of the screen
    Thanks

I like the idea but that looks stupid compared to the other gen iPhones with either the black or white on both sides of the screen

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

I still like the first iphone design the best maybe with a little tweak. But I do think the screen could be upgraded to something bigger for sure.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

thazsar, your wife is too kind. anyway, the current iphone size is really a freudian tongue-in-cheek by apple. trust me, apple really wants a bigger screen for its iphone. you'd be surprised at how much of a difference half an inch can make. ... but seriously, folks, i don't care. as long as i can get an untethered jailbreak, i'm happy

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

I honestly can't see the phone screen being wider but I can taller. If ya look next to the speaker on top there's plenty of room. Plus a lot of cases go over the sides to protect. Unless they just make the phone bigger instead then all is fair game. I don't hate on big phones. I guess you could say I'm an apple fanboy but when are these competitions of who has the bigger phone gonna stop lol. How big is too big before it becomes a tablet? That's all I'm saying.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

I will get this iphone if this is true

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Bigger screen or smaller screen, to be honest that isn't really my preference. I'm worried about the overall design of the iPhone. If it looks ugly then even a bigger screen won't have much effect. I would like to see the design of it before finding out about the size of the screen.
    Look at the Galaxy SIII, to be honest(my preference will differ from others) it looks very unappealing compared to SII. I really hope they don't ruin the design of the iPhone like how I think Samsung did
    I'm not a big fan of a smaller screen iPad, I already got the iPad 3 so a newer iPad won't bother me. I guess Apple has their reasons in making the screen size smaller, it's really about the preference of the user. But either way, Apple will totally dominate the tablet market(mainly because of the name "Apple" itself LOL)
    Last edited by ViperzDTL; 05-18-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks

Its funny that no one here noted the (Photoshoped) image sampled being side-by-sided with the original one, which could be the answer to an ideal size (In my opinion and taste) of 4" without need for a substancial enlargement of the unit, just the screen. Plus that, the patent lying around of capacitive (Or captative) outer-screen borders. Seems logical, evolutive, and refined choice. Bigger than 4" would be grotesque, and that is something that certainly was not Steve Jobs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Look, tell it to the guys who are buying big-screen phones.
    Whether you love or hate them, big screens are outselling small ones.
    Not that you don't make some points, but last time I checked apples iPhone has been the number one selling phone. Where are you getting that information from?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Look, tell it to the guys who are buying big-screen phones.
    Whether you love or hate them, big screens are outselling small ones.

The problem for me is that I always wonder whether large-screen hatred comes from the same Apple fanboys who if Apple only made 4.7" screens, would hate small screens.
    That's why I always find the screensize conversation on Apple forums difficult ... because it's difficult to have a useful conversation with any kind of fanboy.

Not saying you are one - just explaining why this conversation often ends up with people making themselves look ridiculous ... and apparently not realising or perhaps, caring about it.
    You don't understand a market at all. If you think apple should just make a million different size phones. You do realize pros and cons etc.

1. App development
    2. Any software update will be difficult
    3. Now factories and employies with more products will need to know more to fix and build

Learn your basic market before ragging on apple a multi billion dollar company worth trillions. I think they know how to be more successful then a guy named iphonethereforeiam

Thanks

I find it funny that when I was little there were bag phones, then wireless mobile phones that were the size of a size 10 1/2 shoe... Then the first boxy brick motorola flip phone... Then phones got smaller for a while and at one point I remember seeing phones about the size of your index and middle finger put together... I like that if my iPhone is outta it's case it will fit in the coin pocket of my jeans... The same sized body and design we have now plus a full screen edge to edge would be sweet... They bigger the phones get the harder the beatings when dropped, run over, thrown, crushed etc... I see phones now that are large enough to cover a persons whole cheek, jaw and ear... You know they bigger the screen the more our oily faces are gonna be streaking em up... OCD on cleaning those screens u gotta be... Or use a anti glare/smudge screen protector...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    You don't understand a market at all. If you think apple should just make a million different size phones. You do realize pros and cons etc.
    No, not a million. Two or three, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    1. App development
    2. Any software update will be difficult
    3. Now factories and employies with more products will need to know more to fix and build
    Don't forget about the 6 different currently supported iPhone IPSWs. Or the 2 different currently supported iPod IPSWs. Or the 6 different currently supported iPad IPSWs. Don't forget the ATV! That's 15 IPSWs! You mean they couldn't handle 18 IPSWs? Or even 30?! You're the one that needs to get real. One thing is certain. Apple, the multiple billion dollar giant, will go where the profits are. That means market share. That means options.

Learn markets.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post
    I get it, like your girlfriend, you wish everything were bigger, not smaller. That is the right approach.
    Hahaha OH MY GOD! Dude you are so funny!!!!...... Sarcasm* true tho
    Last edited by Airwaves182; 05-18-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    I'm glad to hear that the iPhone is going to be bigger. Not sure how I feel about a smaller iPad.
    The only other tablet that really sells good is the Kindle Fire and by making a smaller iPad that will phase out the Kindle Fire pretty much

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,824 Times in 6,147 Posts

There is a reason why Apple has always used a 3.5" screen. It's got to do with ergonomics of being able to reach accross the screen with your thumb. Why would you want a phone that you need 2 hands to operate? For more info, read here:

This Is The Reason Why The iPhone Will Always Have A 3.5-inch Screen

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    There is a reason why Apple has always used a 3.5" screen. It's got to do with ergonomics of being able to reach accross the screen with your thumb. Why would you want a phone that you need 2 hands to operate? For more info, read here:

This Is The Reason Why The iPhone Will Always Have A 3.5-inch Screen
    The Galaxy S2 has a 4.3" screen and even people with small hands can reach across the entire screen if they hold it properly.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    I'm glad to hear that the iPhone is going to be bigger. Not sure how I feel about a smaller iPad.
    statements like this are dumb. A slightly bigger screen does not make it a mini iPad. Get real ffs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    statements like this are dumb. A slightly bigger screen does not make it a mini iPad. Get real ffs.
    I don't think he's referring to a iPhone with a larger screen being a mini iPad... It sounds like he would be stoked on a slightly larger iPhone... Just not as interested in the mini iPad that will be coming out...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Apple, if you're reading this thread, can we have : -

- 3.5" iPhone
    - 4.2" iPhone
    - 5.0" iPhone (the Samsung Galaxy Note is awesome)

- 7.0" iPad
    - 9.7" iPad

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

A bigger screen will ruin appl and its gaming just like it did for android. I used android and gaming sucked on it because it never fit my screen because of all of the different sizes. Apple is stupid as f**k for doing this and ruining their company.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ehh, an iPhone with a 4.4 inch display and a 1440x960 resolution would be great -- that's a whopping 393 PPI. And app compatibility would be maintained as iPhone apps are all 480x320 points -- only higher resolution assets would be required just as they were when we transitioned from 480x320 to 960x640.

4.4 1440x960 display, quad-core Cortex A9, tri-core SGX543 graphics, 2MP FaceTime camera, 4G LTE... please Apple xD