Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Offering $100 iPhone 4S Trade-In Promo

Default Sprint Offering $100 iPhone 4S Trade-In Promo

Sprint, presumably in an effort to turn the iPhone profitability train around, is offering a $100 iPhone trade-in program.

Any customer who trades in an ANY iPhone will receive at least $100 instant credit toward the purchase of a new iPhone 4S as long as itís accompanied by the activation of a new line of service. The program starts tomorrow and runs through the end of June.

While this might seem counterintuitive to Sprintís iPhone profitability problem, the offer is extended only to new Sprint customers. The program is likely attempting to lure new long-term contracts and increase revenue by adding to the companyís subscriber base and hopefully offset some of the money tied up in their deal with the devil. I mean Apple.

The minimum trade-in allows users with old crusty iPhone 3Gs or 3GSs to cut the price of a 16GB iPhone 4S in half, or better get a 32GB 4S for the price of a the 16GB model. Whether iPhone 4 users (likely higher GB models) will get more than a $100 isnít spelled out in the documentation.

T-Mobile ran a similar trade-in program last month that offered customers $200 in trade-in value for any iPhone with a new contract. Of course the caveat being that T-Mobile doesnít sell the iPhone.

Source: 9to5Mac

This is crazy. I'll give Anyone 125.00 for their iPhone 4 and sell it on eBay for around 300

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes. iPhones are worth so much more than what any "trade in" will give them.

We all can agree that an iphone4 is worth more than the $100 trade-in price Sprint is offering, but what if a potential customer wanting to get a 4/s wasn't sure as to which carrier to go with? It just sweetens the deal, especially if the person has a non working, iPhone 3, 3GS, or 4.

That's a sucker deal.. You would easily get 2 bills if not more on eBay

Now that's a great incentive... Starting Sunday, AT&T will offer a trade in program for old devices and offer immediate credit to your bill..

Quote Originally Posted by redstar299 View Post
    Not for people with a 3G or 3GS...

Quote Originally Posted by bjbinc View Post
    Not for people with a 3G or 3GS...
    Sold my 3GS like 2 months ago for 280.

I think some of you are forgetting that some of us still have the old 2g iPhones setting around. Mine works fine but cannot handle the newer apps because of the old os plus has a cracked screen. I think if I were looking to switch from Verizon to sprint, that would be a good way to get a quick hundred bucks towards a new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by redstar299 View Post
    That's not true. Not everyone can get that. Plus not everyone who purchase iPhones sell their devices on eBay. Theirs always will be an exception to everything but in this deal is pretty good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

True but, No. This deal is good for lazy people who don't know what good for them. Period.
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way

Quote Originally Posted by hadzo View Post
    True but, No. This deal is good for lazy people who don't know what good for them. Period.
    Then the world consist more of lazy people then. Cuz it happens when you trade a car and in garage sales and ect...

Quote Originally Posted by romeoz View Post
    This is crazy. I'll give Anyone 125.00 for their iPhone 4 and sell it on eBay for around 300
    I'll give you my iPhone 3g for $125.00. Doesn't sound so crazy anymore, huh?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bonum83 View Post
    Then the world consist more of lazy people then. Cuz it happens when you trade a car and in garage sales and ect...

I wouldn't have expected for someone to try and dispute my post by actually solidifying its meaning. Yes, people who trade in their cars are just lazy and don't know whats good for them. In every, and I seriously mean 'every' case you will lose the actual value of your vehicle when trading it in.

Now "garage sales" are actually in support of my and few other fellow poster's theories here. The two (vehicle trade in and garage sales) do not deserve to be in the same sentence. Garage sale is there to get something for what's almost worth nothing, before you junk it.

Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by transam7816 View Post
    I'll give you my iPhone 3g for $125.00. Doesn't sound so crazy anymore, huh?
    You might want to wait and actually find out what they would give you for your iPhone 3G ... these large corporation don't, and I repeat "don't" just give you cash for nothing.
    Last edited by hadzo; 05-18-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way