Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Becomes Rightful Owner of iPhone5.com

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple Becomes Rightful Owner of iPhone5.com

Whatever Apple wants, Apple seems to get. As MMi reported May 7th, Apple has made an effort to secure the rights to iPhone5.com through the World Intellectual Property Organization. Until now, that domain was owned by another non-Apple entity.

What a difference a month can make. On Thursday, published reports indicate that the World Intellectual Property Organization is going to help Apple gain control of the iphone5.com domain name.

Although we don't know who the previous owners of the domain were, iphone5.com was registered four years ago and was stamped with the CYA disclaimer that the site is “not endorsed, sponsored, nor otherwise affiliated with Apple.”

A lot of people are interpreting Apple's efforts in this endeavor to mean that the iPhone maker will call the next-gen device the "iPhone 5." Although the correct moniker remains up in the air, we shouldn't forget that it was just last year when Apple similarly pursued iphone4s.com.

Source: The Next Web

Thanks

The next iPhone will likely be called: "The New iPhone"

iPhone 5 it is!

Thanks

iPhone 5 sounds lame
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So you're saying the iphone 4s, which came with OS 5, isn't the 5th gen iphone?

And that the next iphone, which will come with OS 6, will be called Iphone 5?

WRONG.

Just as the 3GS was iphone 3, the 4S is iphone 5. And the next iphone will be iphone 6. Most likely it will be called the "New Iphone" officially though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
    So you're saying the iphone 4s, which came with OS 5, isn't the 5th gen iphone?

WRONG.

Just as the 3GS was iphone 3, the 4S is iphone 5. And the next iphone will be iphone 6. Most likely it will be called the "New Iphone" officially though.
    You don't make sense... the 'iPhone 4s' is not called an 'iPhone 5' the 2nd iPhone was called an 'iPhone 3g' not 'iPhone 2' the 3rd iPhone was a 'iPhone 3GS' not 'iPhone 3'. Generation has NOTHING to do with the name, how have you not yet noticed this yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    You don't make sense... the 'iPhone 4s' is not called an 'iPhone 5' the 2nd iPhone was called an 'iPhone 3g' not 'iPhone 2' the 3rd iPhone was a 'iPhone 3GS' not 'iPhone 3'. Generation has NOTHING to do with the name, how have you not yet noticed this yet...
    I think he's simply pointing out that the 3s was the 3rd iphone and the 4s is the 5th iphone. And you're wrong with "Generation has NOTHING to do with the name" considering it had everything to do with the iPhone 4 name.

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

SIMPLE

Apple is in the dictionary under this word, the next iPhone will most likely be called, "iPhone 5".

The next iPhone will be iPhone 5s, now for my sake of typing I will list a couple more so you get the point.

iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 7s, iPhone 8, iPhone 8s, etc. If you don't understand Apple's simple methods by this point.....

Quote Originally Posted by law111 View Post
    SIMPLE

Apple is in the dictionary under this word, the next iPhone will most likely be called, "iPhone 5".

The next iPhone will be iPhone 5s, now for my sake of typing I will list a couple more so you get the point.

iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 7s, iPhone 8, iPhone 8s, etc. If you don't understand Apple's simple methods by this point.....
    You say that with the same confidence of those who predicted the latest iPad to be called the iPad 3.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I think he's simply pointing out that the 3s was the 3rd iphone and the 4s is the 5th iphone. And you're wrong with "Generation has NOTHING to do with the name" considering it had everything to do with the iPhone 4 name.
    So because the iPhone 4 happened to match the generation it means they are using generation as the names? Why would they ever go and **** that up by calling the next release the 4S... Meh this is such a retarded argument.

You say that with the same confidence of those who predicted the latest iPad to be called the iPad 3.
    And that actually proves EVEN more that generation and name should just be two separate topics.
    Last edited by Norb; 05-17-2012 at 03:52 PM.

So because the iPhone 4 happened to match the generation it means they are using generation as the names? Why would they ever go and **** that up by calling the next release the 4S... Meh this is such a retarded argument.
    lol...I agree. I'm just trying to pass time on a boring work day!

And, for what it's worth, I believe completely that the iPhone 4 was called that because it was the 4th generation iPhone. Where else would the "4" come from? It still ran on 3G data, it was only offered through 3 carriers (in America), it has 2 colors. Maybe because they quadrupled the resolution?

And that actually proves EVEN more that generation and name should just be two separate topics.
    I agree with that too. I never said I think the next iPhone would be called the iPhone 6. I think they'll just call it the new iPhone. I liked their decision to get away with generation specific names.
    Last edited by AUZambo; 05-17-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Y people fight about what next iPhone gonna be called, what ever it's call we still gonna buy it any how

How about iPhone 5 LTE lol

Or IPhone LTE lol

Thanks

I agree with that too. I never said I think the next iPhone would be called the iPhone 6. I think they'll just call it the new iPhone. I liked their decision to get away with generation specific names.
    Well this all started with this

WRONG.
    Again name and generation have nothing to do with it. One is marketing and the other is and incremental number. As far as the name goes, the next model will be either the "iPhone 5" or just "iPhone" and the last thing it will be is the "iPhone 6". If they skipped 5 people would go insane and think well I just bought the 4S and we are on 6? WTF APPLE!?

But yes the next model is in fact the 6th gen. The End...

PS, yes slow work day for me too...

Quote Originally Posted by saleen_GT View Post
    Y people fight about what next iPhone gonna be called, what ever it's call we still gonna buy it any how

How about iPhone 5 LTE lol

Or IPhone LTE lol
    Then everyone will be pissed off LMAO.

What a bunch of ****.
    If someone else buys it, Apple can get over it.
    They should've bought it first.

It will be the iPhone 5

they can have iphone5.com but iphonefive.com is still mine.

After reading the first few comments, I haz been mindfked.

Thanks

iPhone LTE, I lol'd

It will be called the iPhone X

End of.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by arem View Post
    What a bunch of ****.
    If someone else buys it, Apple can get over it.
    They should've bought it first.
    What am I not getting here, if someone else owns it and Apple wants it, they have to pay for it! What right do they have to steal it from it's current owner? That's insane! Pay up Apple, you have the cash!
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast