+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Killing Legacy Unlimited Data Plans For 4G LTE Users

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I expect AT&T to eventually do the same thing. I just hope it's not before the next iPhone arrives. If I can get on the next iPhone with LTE and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I expect AT&T to eventually do the same thing. I just hope it's not before the next iPhone arrives. If I can get on the next iPhone with LTE and keep my grandfathered unlimited data for the next two years I'll be happy. I'm sure by 2014 things will be a little different with regard to data caps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

This is total crap. Dude you need to figure out what the hell your posting about before you post it. Verizon is making a new plan later this year that will allow people to use a family share package similar to the family text message IF YOU CHOOSE TO OPT IN FOR IT. This WILL NOT affect anybody if they choose to keep the plan and DOES NOT apply to single line accounts. I gotta say this is probably the some of the most bogus **** I have ever seen on this forum. I'm not even going to read the other comments. If you actually read the whole contract you would see they can't do it by default.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If AT&T follows this path there is nothing anyone can do. Unless you can organize a go f yourself boycott against them and have everyone flood their lines canceling.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Wow, this is lame. Precisely why I don't want to use my upcoming upgrade for Verizon, because this might happen. If the next iPhone has 4G...hopefully T-Mobile will fix some stuff up to allow iPhones to use T-Mo 4G network. I'd switch back to T-Mobile in a heartbeat. Sprint may not be killing the unlimited data but Sprint's 4G doesn't even cover my area so that's out of the question. Come on T-Mobile!

For convenience sake though...I still hope Verizon will let me grandfather my unlimited data plan. The hassle of switching just hurts my head...but killing unlimited data will definitely make me walk away from Verizon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The answer is simple, if you have an unlimited plan, when you upgrade your phone just say 'No' to the new 4G network plan. Ask to remain on the existing one. Or better yet change carriers to another that does not @#% on you as a customer. When Verizon sees a mass exodus of subscribers they will roll this back. If you don't like the product, don't buy it. Then that company either goes out of business or changes.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bleucrayonz View Post
    this is ********.
    Actually it's *********** I Just want to join in with the spelling nazis :P

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ibivibiv View Post
    The answer is simple, if you have an unlimited plan, when you upgrade your phone just say 'No' to the new 4G network plan. Ask to remain on the existing one. Or better yet change carriers to another that does not @#% on you as a customer. When Verizon sees a mass exodus of subscribers they will roll this back. If you don't like the product, don't buy it. Then that company either goes out of business or changes.
    Kind of hard for people who want 4G.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How many devices does this *mod edit: language** need to use?
    Last edited by i.Annie; 05-17-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks

Swanson misspelled the word "anyone" in the first paragraph.

But yea. I don't like this data share thing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They've lost me as a customer. Permanently. I have coined a new word to describe it: netflixing. When a large customer base leaves a company due to unfair increases in price, and overall disrespect of their customers, this is netflixing. I've netflixed them, and so will millions of others over the next several months. Maybe they will hear us now? I want unlimited data plans for less than $50. But Verizon let greed get in the way of customer satisfaction.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

The best way to fight back is to leave the carrier. For most, a smartphone is not a necessity, but rather a convenience. If everyone that was angry at what the carriers are doing just dropped their lines of service, ALL of these carriers would feel the hurt virtually instantly. The problem is most people would rather just complain on sites like this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12